Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

Ode to Corum.

Luthier

I never thought I'll buy Corum. First - because I never seen it on bracelet, only on rubber. And I don't like rubber.

Second - I'm not a yachtsman. Scuba diving - yes, yachts - no. Third - I don't know this brand too well.

When I came to Mary's office, this Corum was on the table, and I picked it up, just to take a look on it.

And I fell in love immediately. This watch built so well, with all the details just perfect, not "almost perfect", but PERFECT.

I never seen gen., so, I can't compare, but I never compare any replica with gen. watch, I consider the replicas as absolutely different species. The case of this Corum has the class, the elegance, beautiful combination of matte and mirror polished steel, it doesn't look chunky, nor small, just perfect size and quality. Beautiful dome of sapphire crystal with practically invisible AR, gorgeous colorful dial with very nice hands, crispy fonts, everything is just perfect. The caseback is saphire glass, half of it is a mirror, another half is clear, and expose beautiful rotor. Another thing that catched my attention immediately was the quality of the bracelet and especially the clasp. Bracelet is stainless steel/rubber combination, and every detail of it is so good, that I couldn't take my eyes off it. The clasp is a solid cast, not a thin folded steel, and there's also beautiful combination of matte and polished steel. It's thick, and works just great. Mary's watchsmith added 2 links to the bracelet, and it fits my wrist just perfectly. I wore this watch on my flight back to L.A., and I spent a lot of time in looking on it, and I have to admit - I never was so impressed with replica before.

OK, here's the pictures.

01-29.jpg

01b.jpg

01a-1.jpg

01c.jpg

01d.jpg

02-38.jpg

03-28.jpg

04-28.jpg

05-26.jpg

06-26.jpg

07-28.jpg

08-21.jpg

08a.jpg

09-20.jpg

010-21.jpg

011-14.jpg

Vector

Absolute stunner mate :popcorn: Very nice acquisition

Luthier

Thanks! Yes, watch is stunning.

Forgot to add - it's A7750, with very quiet rotor, and smooth sweep.

Ska

Loving that bracelet!!! Seriously Cool mate!!

Luthier

Thanks, Chris.

I'm wondering, why Curum isn't as popular, as other brands?

KBH

I absolutely love it. Damn you, Luthier!

Must resist...............

What's the size of it?

Baldrick

You're learning Luth, I can only re-inforce what you say, no HBB rep or gen can compare with the finish on these Corum, along with the Ferrari / Pams, they are the best 'out of the box' reps I've seen, flawless, I've posted numerous times raising the question "why no love for Corum", you have to pick one of these up in your hands to feel the quality, the steel and rubber band wasn't available when I looked at TTK's examples of them, which is about 3-4 years ago, but the quality was and still is as I can see from your post, absolutely excellent, the steel and rubber bracelet looks beautiful, good health to wear it :D

I don't want to thread-crap your posts, and I simply put these up as affirmation of your positive comments, these are some examples of the earlier Admiral's Cups,!

372CORUMADMIRALSCUP1.jpg

372CORUMADMIRALSCUP2.jpg

441JUNE2008CORUMADMIRALSCUPC.jpg

441JUNE2008CORUMADMIRALSCUPE.jpg

441JUNE2008CORUMADMIRALSCUPH.jpg

445CORUMADMIRALSCUPRGTITANIUM1.jpg

I can't wait until they rep this one, the Deep Hull 48 :D

5501700712_60a1ff1e6c_o.jpg

corum-admirals-cup-deep-hull-48 by Hugh_Jorgen, on Flickr

5554149089_4745bfc5f6_o.jpg

corum-admirals-cup-deep-hull-48-1 by Hugh_Jorgen, on Flickr

5554148957_0b4efbb646_o.jpg

corum-admirals-cup-deep-hull-48-2 by Hugh_Jorgen, on Flickr

5554151243_b90a39ca59_b.jpg

CORUM Admiral's Cup DEEP HULL 48 01 by Hugh_Jorgen, on Flickr

5554151555_3b54b7b58e_b.jpg

CORUM Admiral's Cup DEEP HULL 48 (02) by Hugh_Jorgen, on Flickr

5554151691_94ea0ce966_b.jpg

CORUM Admiral's Cup DEEP HULL 48 (03) by Hugh_Jorgen, on Flickr

5554152329_6cb2e42aa2_b.jpg

CORUM Admiral's Cup DEEP HULL 48 (01) by Hugh_Jorgen, on Flickr

Ska

aaaaah Deep Hull........ Spoogetastic!! :D :D

Baldrick

Unfortunately the lug structure prolly wouldn't allow it, but the Deep Hull 48 would look fantastic on a mesh bracelet. JMO, BIKIR :D

Luthier

Love gold ones, but no rubber, please...

KBH, it's 43X13mm size.

Baldrick

Yeah, I'm not keen on the rubber either, they do a beautiful croc strap for the AC's, it's formed exactly like the rubber strap with the central peak line, the Gold items look great on it, super-luxus :D

Corum have been a luxury brand since the 50's, they were noted for some of the most exotic dials used in watches at that time, peacock feather / meteorite dials, the $20 gold coin watch and the Rolls Royce grille Corum, if you do a Google search I'm sure you'll find some examples.

KBH

KBH, it's 43X13mm size.

So, it's not only good looking, but not annoyingly large. I'm awfully tempted at the moment. Thanks.

gB.

Corumtastic! :D

Luthier

KBH, it's 43X13mm size.

So, it's not only good looking, but not annoyingly large. I'm awfully tempted at the moment. Thanks.

Yes, it's not huge, not small, just perfect size for any wrist. And, by the way, despite on side ribs - it looks much thinner.

Very elegant watch!!!

Baldy, thanks for pictures, I love it!!!

Balad1

Love the watch Luthier, I'm thinking I could get layed without the Yacht, all I would need is that watch. Ok, maybe that's a reach...lol

Thanks to you and Baldrick I now have an appreciation for a new brand of watch, that I've never heard of before.

Luthier
Love the watch Luthier, I'm thinking I could get layed without the Yacht, all I would need is that watch. Ok, maybe that's a reach...lol

Thanks to you and Baldrick I now have an appreciation for a new brand of watch, that I've never heard of before.

Put it on your list, Balad, you'll never regret.

mondeov6

That is a beauty!! I love the bracelet. Looks soooooo much better than the rubber strap!! :rofl:

Congrats!!

Del

Wow - that is fantastic looking! Nice opportunistic purchase :irish_dance:

Luthier

This bracelet is really "something".

And the watch itself is a marvel.

Thanks, guys!

machiavegli

Holy crap missed this post. Luth, this is a stunning rep!

-Mach

James.

bende turkiye çorum diyor sandım la kibarlı panax - mustafa eraslan

you took the words right outta my mouth