Sign in to follow this  
johnbulto

Movement

johnbulto

To those in the know what is a SW 200 movement and is it any good ?????????????????? thanks again and I must say this site should be on everybodys list that wants a good watch with all the sites to choose from and most well shall we say dishonest.................. thanks again ............ John

KBH

Sellita equivalent to the ETA. Excellent movement.

David543

ETA said they were phasing out movement supply to 3rd parties about 3yrs ago. They are part of the Richmond group I think that owns a load of genuine brands. Sorry hazy on exact details. Sellita are what the genuine watch makers who did use ETA are moving to so should be fine!

johnbulto
ETA said they were phasing out movement supply to 3rd parties about 3yrs ago. They are part of the Richmond group I think that owns a load of genuine brands. Sorry hazy on exact details. Sellita are what the genuine watch makers who did use ETA are moving to so should be fine!

Thanks a lot .................... John

Member X

I believe there is a rep Sellita SW200 out now (damn, these chinese are efficient :lol: lol) but we have yet to see pics of it or have one to inspect...

It is a good movement though, basically they are near identical to the ETA movements that will become increasingly difficult to get hold of, unless you're buying clone/chinese movements!

KBH

I'll also add that Sellita is in fact a Swiss company and they used to make parts/ebauches/movements for ETA from what I remember reading. Also the SW200 is 26 jewels rather than the ETA 25 jewel movements.