Sign in to follow this  
qwerty12345

Rationale for collecting replica watches

2point

^^ and to cap it all my flight is delayed, i've been at the G&Ts since 10 am (in the lounge) and the lady opposite is wearing a PP that more than likely costs what I earn in a year.

Or maybe its a rep but how would I know...?

Exactly.

You should be concentrating on her tits or the shape of her VPL rather than her watch,

Have another drink.

Slink73

^^ and to cap it all my flight is delayed, i've been at the G&Ts since 10 am (in the lounge) and the lady opposite is wearing a PP that more than likely costs what I earn in a year.

Exactly.

You should be concentrating on her tits or the shape of her VPL rather than her watch,

Have another drink.

It was not even midday and the vision was blurring. I had another drink instead of leering....

Rassilon

Because resources are finite and there's a lot of beauty in horology.

I don't think many people here care much about wearing name brand items.

For my part, I like the beauty that many name brand items posses.

I'd sooner die than spend $75k on a Patek Perpetual Calendar. But that piece has a beauty that I can't help but admire, and reps make it possible to own for yourself a very similar version of that beauty for a fraction of the price.

That also explains why we proudly sport Timexes too. It's about appreciation for the timepiece, its beauty, and its history IMO. And that's why I'm excited that a new Boldr Nighthawk will be arriving at my doorstep tomorrow. New, inexpensive microbrand with Bauhaus elements and a modern, aviation-ee twist. What's not to love?

34016986844_2a3bc5cbe6_o.jpg

Daffy

Exactly.

Have another drink.

VPL = Vulva / Pudenda / Labia?

Lev

I work at the concierge in a 5 star superior luxury hotel and you'd be surprised exactly how many people wear replica watches...even way up in the ranks of Hollywood, etc. Frankly I appreciate a watch nerd wearing a 400 buck rep who understands and loves the history of the brand as opposed to some "talent" who got their watch as a signing bonus or because "thats what you wear".

Everyone should do what they please. There are those who wear watches because they want to impress, boast and associate with a different level of society than they belong to.

Others just fucking love watches (like me) while some can afford the gens and others can't. I know that I get bored of things super quick and thus it'd be stupid of me to buy a gen when I know I'll be longing after the next.

Before I spend 18k on a watch I'd rather buy a few great suits, shirts, shoes and ties for work, which is another area of interest of mine. Do I one day want to own a few gens? Definitely. But till then all else will do.

Slink73

Exactly.

Have another drink.

VPL = Vulva / Pudenda / Labia?

Pudenda, from Latin pudendum (plural pudenda), literally "thing to be ashamed of," neuter gerundive of pudere "make ashamed; be ashamed," from PIE root *(s)peud- "to punish, repulse."

I haven't seen Pudenda used in a long time! Classic...