Sign in to follow this  
Thelittleprince

One of the cleanest Panda chronographs I've seen!

dilip

There are some major burns in this thread!

Diver Dave

The black arc between 40 seconds and 60 is lap timer.

How is that a lap timer?

Help me out here. I raced Porsche for about a decade.... and no clue about that.

ok,

what was your shortest single circuit lap then?

Between 40 to 60 seconds

Do you think there was a lap shorter than 40 seconds in 1970's?

No, but there were MANY more... ;-)

The average lap times on road courses are in the several minutes range. Take a look at any of the road courses (Watkins Glen, for example, or Lime Rock, or Bridgehampton, or <fill in the blank>).

They are all in the 2-3 minute range *at minimum*. Some are in the many minutes range.

I've never run anything with a sub-minute lap time.

Edited by Diver Dave

NMA

Black arc says I am a lap timer with straps not a stopwatch or watch

Diver Dave

Baaaa.....

So now you're like "oh yeah driver dave has spoken so the watch must be shit, he's got (so he claims) a few Rolex gens, or whatever he was waffling on about in another thread with too many words for my attention span,,, so he must know stuff baaaaaaa......

Baaa!

Take a look on Ebay at the realized prices for comparable gen chronos from the 60's and 70's. Pick a movement and look for watches using it that have sold with classic cases and pillow cases. There's a huge value difference, about 2X in many cases. The pillow shaped cases simply have not stood the test of time.

That's the market speaking, not me.....

Enjoy!

All hail Driver Dave :bow:

Do your research and you'll see I'm right. Spend your money how you like though. I've made dozens of shitty choices in my watch buying career. Like selling both a pre-Daytona and a Paul Newman, each for about $5000 because I didn't think they could go any higher and was afraid the bubble would burst... <shit>....

Thelittleprince

Baaaa.....

So now you're like &quot;oh yeah driver dave has spoken so the watch must be shit, he's got (so he claims) a few Rolex gens, or whatever he was waffling on about in another thread with too many words for my attention span,,, so he must know stuff baaaaaaa......

Baaa!

Take a look on Ebay at the realized prices for comparable gen chronos from the 60's and 70's. Pick a movement and look for watches using it that have sold with classic cases and pillow cases. There's a huge value difference, about 2X in many cases. The pillow shaped cases simply have not stood the test of time.

That's the market speaking, not me.....

Enjoy!

All hail Driver Dave :bow:

Do your research and you'll see I'm right. Spend your money how you like though. I've made dozens of shitty choices in my watch buying career. Like selling both a pre-Daytona and a Paul Newman, each for about $5000 because I didn't think they could go any higher and was afraid the bubble would burst... <shit>....

You are comparing a Daytona and Pre Daytona to this? This is a microbrand "Beater" not a freaking investment you need to chill out. Theres some of these on ebay that go for 100$. Is it an aesthetically appealing watch to some including myself? Yes.... Functional, and i don't suppose you've handled one to be judging so hard about the quality of this so called "POS" Quartz? Yes who the heck cares? I don't see people whining and bi_×_÷ing about quartz but when they put it on a Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso its alright? Because its a name brand right?

Yes you were stupid for selling those watches, but that would be relevant if im trying to invest no?

Diver Dave

You are comparing a Daytona and Pre Daytona to this? This is a microbrand "Beater" not a freaking investment you need to chill out. Theres some of these on ebay that go for 100$. Is it an aesthetically appealing watch to some including myself. Functional, and i don't suppose you've handled one to be judging so hard about the quality of this so called "POS" Quartz? Yes who the heck cares? I don't see people whining and bi_×_÷ing about quartz but when put it on a Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso its alright? Because its a name brand right?

Yes you were stupid for selling those watches, but that would be relevant if im trying to invest no?

I'm saying that I've made some stupid watch buying and selling decisions in my life, and I suspect that we all do.

In my humble, yet educated opinion, buying a quartz movement in a no-name recognition "microbrand" watch with suspect cosmetics and "features" would be a mistake. This watch shouts out that the designer took some of the least desirable features and concentrated them in one spot. But if you want to buy it, knock yourself out. It's your money, not mine.

Personally? They think it's worth $1000? Good luck. I wouldn't give anyone $25 for it. Really.

Edited by Diver Dave

Thelittleprince

And Btw, seiko mecha-quartz is an incredibly reliable movement. Not to mention more accurate in keeping time then the daytonas "Valjoux 722"

No quartz is not just for aesthetics :)

NMA

CR1 spec

• Brushed finish Stainless steel case.

• Stainless steel case back with "Limited edition of 500" marking.

• Knurled Crown, with screw down fixing.

• Bevel edged mineral crystal glass.

• Internal brushed finish bezel.

• Case size 42mm, 11mm deep.

• Satin finish black dial with white & grey markings.

• White window hands (cut-out for constant visibility of sub dials)

• White second hand. ( extra long for easy visibility )

• Japanese Miyota 6s21 Chrono quartz movement.

• 10 atm water resistance.

• 20mm leather rally strap

http://www.matthewhumphriesdesignwatches.com/product/mhd

Thelittleprince

You are comparing a Daytona and Pre Daytona to this? This is a microbrand "Beater" not a freaking investment you need to chill out. Theres some of these on ebay that go for 100$. Is it an aesthetically appealing watch to some including myself. Functional, and i don't suppose you've handled one to be judging so hard about the quality of this so called "POS" Quartz? Yes who the heck cares? I don't see people whining and bi_×_÷ing about quartz but when put it on a Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso its alright? Because its a name brand right?

I'm saying that I've made some stupid watch buying and selling decisions in my life, and I suspect that we all do.

In my humble, yet educated opinion, buying a quartz movement in a no-name recognition "microbrand" watch with suspect cosmetics and "features" would be a mistake. This watch shouts out that the designer took some of the least desirable features and concentrated them in one spot. But if you want to buy it, knock yourself out. It's your money, not mine.

Personally? They think it's worth $1000? Good luck. I wouldn't give anyone $25 for it. Really.

Who said its worth 1000$?

You really think your subs are really worth the asking price too, since you wanna put that in the equation? Your old "Daytonas" are worth mills? No they were 300 bucks

Its the MARKET AS YOU SAID! Everything is way over priced and we learned to live with it

If ever the economy falls, you will see what your "Rolex" is worth then ;)

Only reason some watches that people wouldn't even look at is now so expensive and popular is mainly becayse of "Bloggers" a couple of years ago no one wanted vintage Heuer, now people are spending 20k on them... why?.... Bloggers, where i assume you get your info from as well?

Diver Dave

You really think your subs are really worth the asking price too, since you wanna put that in the equation? You old "Daytonas" are worth mills? No they were 300 bucks

About $400 at todays exchange rate, mate. I had remembered a higher price. Nevertheless... $400?

Uhh... enjoy. Like I said, everyone makes their own choices. Enjoy yours!

You asked for an opinion, Were you really asking for an affirmation? Sorry misunderstood. ;-)

Edited by Diver Dave

Thelittleprince

You are comparing a Daytona and Pre Daytona to this? This is a microbrand &quot;Beater&quot; not a freaking investment you need to chill out. Theres some of these on ebay that go for 100$. Is it an aesthetically appealing watch to some including myself. Functional, and i don't suppose you've handled one to be judging so hard about the quality of this so called &quot;POS&quot; Quartz? Yes who the heck cares? I don't see people whining and bi_×_÷ing about quartz but when put it on a Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso its alright? Because its a name brand right?

In my humble, yet educated opinion, buying a quartz movement in a no-name recognition &quot;microbrand&quot; watch with suspect cosmetics and &quot;features&quot; would be a mistake. This watch shouts out that the designer took some of the least desirable features and concentrated them in one spot. But if you want to buy it, knock yourself out. It's your money, not mine.

You really think your subs are really worth the asking price too, since you wanna put that in the equation? You old "Daytonas" are worth mills? No they were 300 bucks

About $400 at todays exchange rate, mate. I had remembered a higher price. Nevertheless... $400?

Uhh... enjoy. Like I said, everyone makes their own choices. Enjoy yours!

You asked for an opinion, Were you really asking for an affirmation? Sorry misunderstood. ;-)

Actually i agreed with some of the things you said, look back at my comment. But you went to far with bashing the brand way too harshly calling it a "POS" without more reaseach

Thanks for the opinion tho!

Diver Dave

Actually i agreed with some of the things you said, look back at my comment. But you went to far with bashing the brand way too harshly calling it a "POS" without more reaseach

Thanks for the opinion tho!

Well, it's a POS if I ever saw one...... ;-)

Smile,

Dave

Thelittleprince

Im glad you're smiling

d641c6c43d36b160ec69fc52c7992ee8_zpsvgzodf0x.jpg

That is gorgeous!!!!!

But some might call it a POS :P

Diver Dave

That is gorgeous!!!!!

But some might call it a POS :P

Perfect watch for a gay hairdresser to wear while flouncing about the salon.

Anyone caught wearing that at the racetrack would be laughed outta the pits.

:boxedin: I'm gonna go hide now...

Edited by Diver Dave

FL13

g9eBUKrl.jpgred-panda-2.jpg

My Red Panda ;)

Edited by FL13

elp

Seiko Mecha-Quartz movement :)

https://www.motokour...-pre-order-soon

sl1.png?v=1487901582

Again, interesting, but AUD 540 (over GBP 300)??

Vratislavia Heritage, another microbrand using Seiko VK, less than GBP 150. For a beater just to try a new style that's what you want to pay

GenTLe

Personally I find these much more value-for-money (again a 6s21 with partially sweeping central chrono hand, domed sapphire with AR inside - 210US$)

Chrono_Royale_S.10_Blue.jpg

porschespeedster

1970's pillow case shape.Really dated.... didn't like them then and don't like them now.

The sharp knurling on the pushers is crude. Easy to make, and crude.

Tiny crown. Guess they wanted to use the same part for the crown as for the pusher. Save a penny.

Flat mineral glass crystal? Come on....

The black arc between 40 seconds and 60 means what? Nothing? Really? So... what's it doing there?

Skeleton hands (so you can see the subdials, apparently) without lume? Am I the only person who wants to peek at my watch at Zero-Dark-Thirty to see when the alarm is gonna go off?

Quartz?

<yawn>....

It's dated now and will look worse in ten years. Only a fool would buy this POS*.

*That's "Piece of Shit" in case you were wondering.

^^^^ I'm glad Diver Dave is here, this is quality writing.