Sign in to follow this  
thunder92

digital watchs in collections?

thunder92

Anyone sporting any digital watches? Been looking at a nice diesel lately and some others.

trailboss99

there are digis that belong in any serious collection yes but I'm not sure there are any Diesel's umong them.

However if you like it, why not?

There are others I'd chose first, Casio, Seiko, Citizen, Sunuto and others all make very good digis. There are also the more eclectic digis that use a true digital method of telling time. They may take a while to learn how to read instantly but they do make a greaty talking point. Some of these can be quite expensive but almost all have a homage version available.

Col.

thunder92
there are digis that belong in any serious collection yes but I'm not sure there are any Diesel's umong them.

However if you like it, why not?

There are others I'd chose first, Casio, Seiko, Citizen, Sunuto and others all make very good digis. There are also the more eclectic digis that use a true digital method of telling time. They may take a while to learn how to read instantly but they do make a greaty talking point. Some of these can be quite expensive but almost all have a homage version available.

Col.

http://image.rakuten.co.jp/nanaple/cabinet...el/dz7150-b.jpg

Ya. I just like to wear a sports watch at times that's durable to whatever I put ut through. Biking,running etc...

Edited by thunder92

Kusanagi

My favorites are the analog/digital types like the Breitling Aerospace and Bell & Ross BR 03 Type Aviation. I have a gen Aerospace and it is one of my favorite travel watches. Multiple time zones, decent alarm, etc.

From what I can tell they both use the same, or at least a very similar movement whereby all functions are operated from the stem. (No pushers.) There are replicas made with the same movements, but they are on the expensive side.

High End Replicamake Bell & Ross BR 03 Type Aviation

There are also some cheaper replicas using different movements, but they are very easy to spot due to the wrong size digi windows (too big vertically) and wrong color digital displays. Also, the ones i have seen have pushbuttons on the case, another dead giveaway.

Low End Replicamake Bell & Ross BR 03 Type Aviation Replica

I have seen Breitling Aerospace replicas somewhere, but it was not a trusted dealer and I do not remember where. It could have been scam sites.

greg_r

Oh, I dunno - I think I have to go along with Douglas Adams on this:

"Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."

-- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

:D

bme

"Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."

;)

Greg..............brilliant, I had forgotten that, must read it again soon!

Kusanagi

:popcorn:

(Slinking quietly away to deal with the angst of being a huge Douglas Adams fan (Dirk Gently was THE best detective ever!) while having openly admitted to owning a digital watch.) :D

Edited by Kusanagi