I recently received a very nice ZF Pelagos LHD, but unfortunately the DW was not properly placed (I'm a precise guy):       I started wondering if these 5 liners models have a DWO, and I guessed they must have. If you look how a 2824 is done (and the 2 liners model had this movement inside with no DWO), and if you look how the date window has been shifted on the new 5 liners (which, as reps, maintain the same 2824 movement), there was no way for the 2824 DW to fit the new date window position:     And, in fact here you can clearly see it (this is my Pelagos):   Here too, after the complete disassemble for the service I do to many of my watches, especially those that have some defect to fix (like the date alignment in this exemplar):   Now, the problem is that the DWO is actually well centered on the DW, here you can see it:   So I started to check the watch better, to understand where the problem is. And TA-DA! Problem individuated! The DWO is NOT uncentered. It is the dial the one that is not centered respect to the movement! Look at the second hand tube, it should be in the exact center of the dial hole, but it is not. And that means the whole dial is shifted on the right, making the numbers of the date like if they were shifted to the left!   On this watch, in order to leave the needed space for the DWO, the dial is not fixed to the movement, but instead to an external ring, which is fixed to the movement with 2 screws. Here you can see the dial feet and the relative holes in the movement holder:   And here you can see how the movement holder is assured to the movement main plate:   Obviously in this circumstances the DWO reposition will not solve the issue: on the contrary if I'll align the 1 digit numbers, then the numbers at the opposite side of the DWO will become misaligned (badly).   There is practically no backlash between the movement holder and the main plate, so shifting it to center the dial is a not viable solution. Also not viable is the hypothesis to enlarge the dial feet holes: they are too small and the amount of material to remove is too small again (I can't do another hole, as the drill will end up in the actual hole).   Therefore, the only 2 possibilities that I see are: 1) cut the dial feet and block it on the movement ring with some dial dots or eventually (but not sure it can work): 2) file a bit the dial feet to reduce their diameter so that the dial can shift a bit on the left, and again I'll need to use some dial dots on it.   Also, another thing I noticed, is that the dial is tilted respect to the case:   Therefore also the dial must be repositioned, as like as the insert and the DWO to fit centered vertically in the date window once the dial will be ok...   There's some work to do here :D   Actually... Does anyone knows which is the insert material of this watch? Aluminium? Ceramic?   (to be continued)