Sign in to follow this  
Neversaynever

Your top dealers?

greg_r
Sigh............I'm so tempted to delete this stupid thread. Bunch of people reporting back their highly scientific findings that have as much validity as a piss pot.

Sorry but I would have to disagree to a certain degree, I'd rather hear members say I've used x & y and had good experiences/bad experiences with them than hear nothing at all. Their opinion is pretty valid to me as a newbie.

There's really not a fat lot of reviews to go by. For example the last review for Lawrence was Jan 2016! What use is that? Unless I'm not looking in the right section?

Completely get that you have to try & buy/live & learn and of course it's all opinions but I can't afford to make another mistake & surely some TD must be more popular than others, maybe I'm wrong?

They're all good or they wouldn't be here.

The choice is down to the sort of service you want - the bigger dealers have websites, take credit cards... etc... if you want an easy ride. Smaller dealers offer more personal service, are better at finding rarer watches and generally take that bit more care, but may not have websites and may offer fewer payment options. Swings and roundabouts...

If a trusted dealer's standard of service drops, we work with them to improve things. If that doesn't work, we boot 'em out (as happened to one dealer fairly recently).

I know you think you've asked a sensible question, but it's a lot less straightforward than you might imagine - and answers tend to be very subjective. The staff here have the best overall view of dealer quality - simply because we get to pick up the pieces when things go wrong and we see how they handle different issues. The simple fact is that we wouldn't tolerate a dealer who was causing problems. Hence, as I said, they're all good - or they wouldn't be here.

Neversaynever

Ok, thanks Greg, I will soon find out, just setting up Coinbase so that I can pay for an order :-)

Neversaynever

Well the site is down...