Sign in to follow this  
dons888

First purchase then stuck for 10 days at Clearance Event with DHL

GenTLe

Just Remember One thing: the interest of TD is to not have to send you another watch, and not to avoid you going into problems with law. Keep always this in mind. Then do your move :)

dons888

Upon advisement of the TD, i called DHL and pretended this was a gift from a relative living in HKG. After confirming my personal info (name, address, tel #) ---which made me very uncomfortable, I was told that the item is indeed with the Customs and Border Protection Agency. After that info, I said thank you and hung up.

RepGuy
Upon advisement of the TD, i called DHL and pretended this was a gift from a relative living in HKG. After confirming my personal info (name, address, tel #) ---which made me very uncomfortable, I was told that the item is indeed with the Customs and Border Protection Agency. After that info, I said thank you and hung up.

Expect a letter from customs and your name/address going on a "black list" to put it bluntly. I wouldn't be too worried about legal issues, as your order is nothing to them, but you may have to take precautions on future orders.

- Order under a different name/phone number

- Ship to a new non-blacklisted address

- Ignore the letter you will receive from customs. They may claim you have a chance to get your package back. Don't listen to them. Cut your losses and provide the letter to the TD for replacement (hopefully with the above points in mind)

dons888

40 days since Clearance Event and still no letter from Customs. How long will I have to wait for the letter?

If I don't receive a letter, does that mean goodbye $400?