IMG_5750.jpg

processengr

34805821694_3c42ab4232_b.jpg

Just got back from cruise to Canada...

MoveAlong
35523408231_a73a8b90e9_o.jpg

dave47

Hi, Gang!

Saturday sees the next to last "inexpensive" watch I purchased, influenced by the thread on WUS -- "$20 or less; lets' see them." This watch, for $14.38, is an AP ROO homage: JARAGAR automatic, 21 jewel Chinese movement. Keeps consistent time, has a smooth sweep, exhibition case back, and passable black rubber strap. It came with some problems I thought I could handle -- seconds hand had fallen off and floating inside the crystal. HOWEVER, after numerous attempts to refasten the seconds hand -- including several bouts of the "all four shuffle on the floor," uttering "magical words," I gave it to my local watchsmith to fix. live and learn. Since then, it's been performing like a champ. dave:

JARAGAR.Auto.AP.ROO.HOMAGE.BLK.STRAP%20003_zpstqhro6zb.jpg

JARAGAR.Auto.AP.ROO.HOMAGE.BLK.STRAP%20004_zpsjrrxeodj.jpg

JARAGAR.Auto.AP.ROO.HOMAGE.BLK.STRAP%20005_zps2nxg32d7.jpg

JARAGAR.Auto.AP.ROO.HOMAGE.BLK.STRAP%20006_zpstgrlycr8.jpg

dave47
Hi, Gang!

On this Friday weekend, I'm introducing a different style of watch I had shown earlier: a "$20 or less" watch featured in the WUS "$20 or less, let's see them" thread: http://forums.watchu...936070-30.html. I learned there that, at times, true treasures could be found for $20 or less. Featured here is my FINEAT automatic s/s watch with blue dial accents; this watch was featured in one of many videos on the thread that profiled certain watches & tested them. Measuring 42mm (w/crown) x 13mm wide, it features a standard "Asian" (nee: Chinese) 21 jewel movement that keeps great time and has an estimated 35 hours power reserve. I set the time with the Atomic clock @ www.time.gov and, so far, is keeping well within the original time. Not too shabby @ $19.95 from an eBay seller. The dial reminds me of an old Silix-Prime "special" I had had for a long time but sold, much to my regret (an OMEGA Sea Master Broad Arrow automatic). This FINEAT is truly a fine daily beater. I always have something new to learn about watches. dave:

FINEAT.AUTO.S.SWATCH.W.BLUE.ACCENTS%20003_zps0zrozsoo.jpg

FINEAT.AUTO.S.SWATCH.W.BLUE.ACCENTS%20005_zpsvdvetmeb.jpg

FINEAT.AUTO.S.SWATCH.W.BLUE.ACCENTS%20006_zpsv6vzi3ys.jpg

FINEAT.AUTO.S.SWATCH.W.BLUE.ACCENTS%20007_zpswuzo6omd.jpg

I like this

Simple and beautiful

Got a link to the eBay seller?

The link on your post doesn't go anywhere for me

it's late right now, mate, but I'll track it down for you & drop you a PM.

dave

dave47
Hi, Gang!

On this Friday weekend, I'm introducing a different style of watch I had shown earlier: a "$20 or less" watch featured in the WUS "$20 or less, let's see them" thread: http://forums.watchu...936070-30.html. I learned there that, at times, true treasures could be found for $20 or less. Featured here is my FINEAT automatic s/s watch with blue dial accents; this watch was featured in one of many videos on the thread that profiled certain watches & tested them. Measuring 42mm (w/crown) x 13mm wide, it features a standard "Asian" (nee: Chinese) 21 jewel movement that keeps great time and has an estimated 35 hours power reserve. I set the time with the Atomic clock @ www.time.gov and, so far, is keeping well within the original time. Not too shabby @ $19.95 from an eBay seller. The dial reminds me of an old Silix-Prime "special" I had had for a long time but sold, much to my regret (an OMEGA Sea Master Broad Arrow automatic). This FINEAT is truly a fine daily beater. I always have something new to learn about watches. dave:

FINEAT.AUTO.S.SWATCH.W.BLUE.ACCENTS%20003_zps0zrozsoo.jpg

FINEAT.AUTO.S.SWATCH.W.BLUE.ACCENTS%20005_zpsvdvetmeb.jpg

FINEAT.AUTO.S.SWATCH.W.BLUE.ACCENTS%20006_zpsv6vzi3ys.jpg

FINEAT.AUTO.S.SWATCH.W.BLUE.ACCENTS%20007_zpswuzo6omd.jpg

I like this

Simple and beautiful

Got a link to the eBay seller?

The link on your post doesn't go anywhere for me

BadApple
20170702_093611.jpg

Cubic Hare
20170702_094554-1.jpg

Bluenose
ARD2vKNh.jpg

splke
IMG_20170702_104520.jpg

splke
IMG_20170702_132902.jpg

Bluenose
dHtc0pmh.jpg?1

Foxindebox

IMG_2885.jpg

Still this!

NFleischer
IMG_00691_zpsqqlxsdfh.jpg

processengr
34862330783_ddcfa814d2_b.jpg

WatchDog21

Lots of July 4th party preps so wearing something that can take a beating today!

DvnLTByh.jpg

GenTLe
35506466382_71dfc70e38_o.jpg