Sign in to follow this  
BigTazz31

Trusty Time - NoobV7

Diver Dave

'Taz whined like a three year old:

"DO NOT USE TRUSTY TIME!!!!! HORRIBLE QUALITY WATCHES"

Well heck, I guess he doesn't know that all of the watches are made in the same couple of places, and that Trusty is just a dealer, like all of our TD's. He just sources and ships what people ask for. He ain't out in the back filing them outta a block of rare metal. Any of the TD's would have sent you the same POS that you ordered. You're the one who asked for what you ordered, so suck it up and *quietly* discuss it with Andrew and see what he says. If you're not a dick he will likely help you. That's why he's a TRUSTED Dealer. But if you put your manly penis-hat on, he's gonna tell you to fuck-off (see below):

So, some advice:

First: Only an idiot would buy anything in a rep with any "gold" on it. So there's the first problem. A Two-Tone Gold Tool-Watch (Sub/GMT) is gauche anyhow, even in a Gen (which is why my Gen 2 tone GMT sits in it's box).

Second: Only an idiot would want to escalate his *illegal* importation of *contraband* goods into the USA with his bank.

Here's the conversation:

You: "Hey Bank. I bought some dope from this guy with my credit card, and it sucked. I didn't get high at all. Can I have my money back please?"

Bank: "Fuck Off".

Dope Dealer: "Dude, if you had let me know quietly I might have been able to help you on your next buy, but now? You're an asshole. Fuck Off".

So basically... Fuck Off.

Third: Only an idiot would spend more than about $400 on *any* rep, and should start off with a few $100 ones to get a feel for what's out there.

So... three strikes and you're outta here...

Mods ought to ban this one. And the sooner the better.

AMF... "Adios" and you can guess the rest.

Edited by Diver Dave

RepGuy

I'm still waiting on OP pictures. He likes to bitch on something that may very well be fine and unlike his claims

GenTLe

Here is what I paid for : http://www.ttw-138.c...oducts_id=15385

Rolex Two Tone Sub Mariner - $688

Rolex Matching Box - $108

Here is what I received for over $800.......

The Watch arrived DOA

The Bezel does not sit centered on the watch.

The Bezel is extremely sharp as opposed to genuine Rolex

The gold on clasp is fading to orange and completely different color than the bracelet links.

The links on the bracelet are very loud - "clinging" / "squeaking"

Overall the watch is a completely over priced piece of garbage. I took it to my trusted jeweler who told me the quality of the watch was worse than a cheap Seiko for $25.

He also stated that there is a place down the street from me that sells better Rolex replicas for $50 - $75.

Result : I will be contacting Trusty Time and demanding my money back or disputing the transaction with my bank. I suggest nobody ever order from this distributor.

:facepalm:

Let's see:

• pumping huge money into a debatable "wrapped gold"
  • expecting gen quality
  • not getting that the watches are not produced by the dealer
  • asking about quality to a watch reseller
  • trashing the dealer
  • doing a chargeback

Mrs and Mr, we have the idiot of the year.

Diver Dave

I just want to know if he thinks he got a good deal on the box....

$108 for a *box* for a rep?

Shit... you could buy a pretty nice JFK Sub for that, and get $8.00 back.....

:suck:

Edited by Diver Dave

BigTazz31

Spoke with trusty and he will make good on the deal. I highly disapprove of the quality, but can most certainly appreciate his customer service

RepGuy
Spoke with trusty and he will make good on the deal. I highly disapprove of the quality, but can most certainly appreciate his customer service

So how about those pictures Tazzhole? You made it seem like you received a turd in the mail, and I think many other members besides myself are wanting to see this. You don't just badmouth a dealer without any proof.

Diver Dave

Tits wrote the best article on TD's we have. Read it in full, which you can find here:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=80645&st=0

ESPECIALLY read this sage advice:

(Thanks Tits):

5) If I have a problem with a TD or a watch I have received, I first take a PICTURE of the issue, take a deep breath, and humbly and appropriately communicate my issue to the TD. I NEVER start a thread whining about my issue. That's just plain stupid. I know that if I do that I'm pretty much on my own. There are people here who will help me IF I follow the forum guidelines. But I generally don't need their help if I've taken a PICTURE and emailed the TD and politely explained why I am not happy. I also realize the TD may not say what I want to hear. THEN I quietly contact a friend or Mod and ask for guidance. I've come to understand that this is not Macy's and I can't return a 30 day old pair of underwear for a full refund. If I have a mechanical issue, I bite the bullet and try to find a rep friendly watch smith. That is just me. Most, if not all TD's, will instruct you to send the watch back at your own expense for repair. But if I had done my RESEARCH properly beforehand I would already have known that.

BigTazz31

You guys were right, I over reacted. The watch is DOA, but Trusty offered to make good on it. Due to shipping costs, Customs, Etc. , I have decided to pay out of pocket for a new clasp, have the movement repaired, and just move on. I should have done what the article said and take a deep breath and relax. I guess since this is my first time every buying something over seas, I was a little leary of the situation and thought I got swindled...... I was wrong. TT offered to make good on it. I would like to apologize to everyone for acting like a Tazz Hole lol. TT is good people, and is trust worthy. I was the idiot here..... Sorry all.

Lagger
You guys were right, I over reacted. The watch is DOA, but Trusty offered to make good on it. Due to shipping costs, Customs, Etc. , I have decided to pay out of pocket for a new clasp, have the movement repaired, and just move on. I should have done what the article said and take a deep breath and relax. I guess since this is my first time every buying something over seas, I was a little leary of the situation and thought I got swindled...... I was wrong. TT offered to make good on it. I would like to apologize to everyone for acting like a Tazz Hole lol. TT is good people, and is trust worthy. I was the idiot here..... Sorry all.

Well done mate, usually hard to come back after something like that

Griffo

Still no pics?