Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

Pics of my SOSF from TTK

JohnG

Here are a few pics of the SOSF that I got from TTK. I love this watch though it is my first Breitling and I don´t have anything to compare it to - I have never held a gen or another rep. It is a very solid watch with nice fit and finish. The edges of the links are very sharp - I don´t know if this is correct or not. If it is not I will round them slightly with an emery board at some point but I am in no rush. I am wearing this watch every day now...

Imagen093.jpg

Imagen095.jpg

Imagen096.jpg

onzenuub

Beautiful Breitling you have John, buy more.....

JohnG

Now I want a SA or a Skyland. Which would you recommend and are they going to be ridiculously big?

I think I need to try one on at the AD and see how I like it...

onzenuub

Go for the SA

greg_r

Nice-looking Breit ya got there :D.

I've found a lot of rep bracelets have rather sharp edges - certainly that's not the case with the gens. I just smooth 'em off gently - it doesn't take much.

JohnG

I have a pretty average 7.5" wrist - will the SA look ok or a little silly? LIke I said, should probably try one on at the AD to see if I can pull it off...

For Christmas thinking of asking Santa for the IWC Ingy... (pic from dluddy post at rwg.cc)

iwcingeneurwithallmodsqk8.jpg

alphakazi

I'd say go for the 45mm skyland with 7.5" wrists

the SA like the Bentley I have is 49mm and on my 8.5" wrists, I get a lot of wow, that's a big watch but I still just pull it off - I get a kick outa seeing men with small 6" wrists or whatever pushing a SA - it's like wearing a flava flav clock on your wrist but with your standard sized wrists... I'd say it'll still look very large and a bit pimp like

as you said, the best idea is to hit the AD and try it out

greg_r
I have a pretty average 7.5" wrist - will the SA look ok or a little silly? LIke I said, should probably try one on at the AD to see if I can pull it off...

For Christmas thinking of asking Santa for the IWC Ingy... (pic from dluddy post at rwg.cc)

I've tried an SA at the AD - my wrist is about the same size as yours and it was big, but comfortable. It's not so much the diameter, though, as the thickness - it really stands out and it's as much down to how you feel about having that amount of flash on your wrist. As you say, try one at an AD and see what you think. I just found it a bit too 'pimp' for my tastes :wink:

Love the Ingy though - on my list too...

bme

John,

You should really get one of these.......no self respecting Breitling man would admit to not having one in his collection.....right Onze?

navi1vt4.jpg

rc42

The fish is a great rep, even the Asian movement version looks the part although the lack of AR is a big no no for a Breitling rep (for me anyway)

I prefer the second hand design on the newer models, the arrow head pointer looks much better to me. I managed to get some gen hands from ebay for my fish but the second hand is the original style, they have amazing lume but now I have to relume the dial markers to get them closer to the hands.

Don't wear mine much any more, especially since I got my SA, but its a tru super rep so I don't think I'll be selling that one.

AllergyDoc

Careful. Once you go big, you can never go back. Your SSD will seem small.

Edited by AllergyDoc

iabounty

Once you go blank, you can never go back.......... See even I could'nt type it.......... I AM sensitive.......You guys just don't understand me........ :huh:

Luthier

John, is it blue or black dial?

Seems blue to me.

Great watch, I'll have SOSF soon too. Next your buy should be TT Navimeter.

Edited by Luthier

Guest dave123
Don't wear mine much any more, especially since I got my SA, but its a tru super rep so I don't think I'll be selling that one.

:huh:

Noobs.

It is not even close to a super rep.

Guest dave123
Careful. Once you go big, you can never go back. Your SSD will seem small.

:huh:

Thrillseeker

Nice lookin piece....I love the bracelet and case size, bezel is good. The only thing I dont like about it is the hour markers....big lume dots. They seem a little out of place, making the 24 hour numbers appear to be scattered on the dial. Im sure they glow real good though!

alphakazi

I've tried an SA at the AD - my wrist is about the same size as yours and it was big, but comfortable. It's not so much the diameter, though, as the thickness - it really stands out and it's as much down to how you feel about having that amount of flash on your wrist. As you say, try one at an AD and see what you think. I just found it a bit too 'pimp' for my tastes :wink:

Love the Ingy though - on my list too...

nice Ingy!

AR is good - the AR job on this Pilot seems a bit off - http://www.virnadani.com/IWC/iwc-review.jpg

JohnG

Seems blue to me.

Blue... It is nice. It does have some AR though it is not great. I am leaning towards a high end Skyland now...

Dave, what version should I get - there are like three I think, right?

Seems blue to me.

Yup, blue...

Guest dave123

They fixed the dial issue on the V1...now thats the V3?....something like that.

A good watch aside from the sloppy lume that kills it for me and many others.... :thumbsup:

A gen Skyland is not expensive anyway,another rep i don't see the need for.

coolfire

Seems blue to me.

Blue... It is nice. It does have some AR though it is not great. I am leaning towards a high end Skyland now...

Dave, what version should I get - there are like three I think, right?

Seems blue to me.

Yup, blue...

I hope I'm not thread-crapping...

Here's my V2, dave is right about the crappy lume dots, but i just love this watch, especially when it's mounted with the strap seen below... :thumbsup:270920081039wristshotha5.jpg270920081041wristshotnt6.jpg270920081036wristshotdm6.jpg

Luthier

Having problems with straps. My wrist is 8", so, can't find straps long enough.

Searched all straps sites - no luck. Would like to replace a few bracelets on straps, but can't find anything.

Any help?

greg_r
Having problems with straps. My wrist is 8", so, can't find straps long enough.

Searched all straps sites - no luck. Would like to replace a few bracelets on straps, but can't find anything.

Any help?

www.watchbandcenter.com do a range of extra-long straps, and I think BOB can supply longer straps too. StrapCulture do a good range of strap lengths, but they're primarily aimed at Panerai. Ultimately, it depends on what you're after - and for which watch.

KBH

I tried the Skyland and it was just too big. Mostly too fat. It felt and looked ridiculous. Felt like a gangsta rapper.

DSCN2522.jpg

On the other hand the Steelfish is very nice.

DSCN2499.jpg

DSCN2497.jpg

Highly recommend Prestige Watch for this one. Same case and AR as the "Swiss" model at 1/2 the price.

bme

Tell us more about Prestige Watch please KBH................url etc.

KBH
Tell us more about Prestige Watch please KBH................url etc.

Robert's a very good dealer on RepGeek and sells as "Time4Direct" on The Darkside. Most of his inventory is displayed there but he can get most anything. Here's part of the information he has posted:

IMPORTANT PLEASE AFTER COMPLETION SEND AN EMAIL WITH YOUR NAME ADDRESS AND ITEM DETAILS TO : [email protected] THIS WILL ENSURE NO DELAYS IN SHIPPING YOUR ORDER IF YOU DON'T SEND AN EMAIL THERE IS A REAL POSSIBILITY OF DELAYS DUE TO THE FRAGMENTED INFORMATION AND THE LARGE VOLUME WE HAVE TO PROCESS

Any watch offered can be ordered by sending an email to: [email protected]

For information or general inquiry: [email protected]

Contact by Skype/msn/yahoo is also possible but not for a firm order as we would prefer to have a hard copy so there are no mix ups

YAHOO: [email protected]

MSN: [email protected]