Sign in to follow this  
coolfreddy

Panerai Help

coolfreddy

So I was at work today and saw a guy with a Panerai. I love the way it looked and it got me thinking...Hmmm.. I dont have one and maybe I should get one. The problem is I dont know a single thing about Panerai's. Im an expert on Cartier, Rolex, and Chanel, but haven't got a single clue on what type of Panerai I would prefer. Please help me I need some guidance on my first Panerai.

I want it to have the following:

Leather strap

Preferably gold casing

NO CHRONO!!!

Simple design

Simple bezel

and one that is automatic and keeps time good.

Thanks B)

trailboss99

Not that many gold Pams to chose from mate, I'll leave this one to the Panerai experts.

Col.

bradweesner

Anyone's help off topic?? Help! I am an idiot Newbie.. sent emails with "in search of watch" in the message line sent to 4 Reps.. !! Should I email back and apologize..? Leave it alone?

greg_r

coolfreddy: not a lot of gold PAMs around - possibly one of the 45mm Radiomirs might suit you, though. This is an example: http://www.timeshops.net/product.php?id_product=1607

bradweesner: I'd just leave it alone for now if I were you...

JustinCase
So I was at work today and saw a guy with a Panerai. I love the way it looked and it got me thinking...Hmmm.. I dont have one and maybe I should get one. The problem is I dont know a single thing about Panerai's. Im an expert on Cartier, Rolex, and Chanel, but haven't got a single clue on what type of Panerai I would prefer. Please help me I need some guidance on my first Panerai.

I want it to have the following:

Leather strap

Preferably gold casing

NO CHRONO!!!

Simple design

Simple bezel

and one that is automatic and keeps time good.

From the list of watches you are "expert" on, in particular Cartier and Chanel and to some extend the Rolex President, I assume that you like what is pejoratively known in the watch community as "jewelry watches."

If that's the case I suspect that the Panarai may not suit your taste at all. These watches tend to have Spartan design and construction. There are few gold models with the genuine PAM and fewer still among the rep PAM--as a matter of fact, I cannot remember any real gold Panarai rep. I have a gold plated Radiomir but it looks more like copper!

I think someone said it best: you ought to get a relatively inexpensive rep and see if you like it first.

coolfreddy

Thanks for all the help you guys I really appreciate it :rofl: Im going to get a stainless steel one for now and just get a cool looking strap for it .

Member X

And so it begins... :D