Foxindebox

Merkur Ocean Master 300 (Seiko Marine Master 300 Homage)

Foxindebox

Hi all,

I just wanted to tell everyone about my latest must have...

IMG_2987.jpg

I've got a nice collection of Seiko's (as some of you may know) but have a Marine Master 300 shaped hole in my collection. Unfortunately funds are a bit tight at the moment and I can't stretch to the real thing. Luckily enough, I saw a recent thread with the Merkur Ocean Master homage (which is still in the prototype phase).

The spec for this watch is as follows: -

Case Size: 44*15MM.

Strap Size : 20MM

Movt: Merkur Cal811 (Miyota 9015)

Case: Monoblock 316L SS.

Bezel: Ceramic.

Glass: Double-dome Saphire

Hands: Swiss Blue Luminous.

WR:300M

Dial Markers: Swiss Blue Luminous.

There has been a couple of delays as this was supposed to be done by May, but that has been pushed back to the end of August. I placed my order today and am waiting with baited breath to see how his turns out. The whiners over at watchuseek are already bitching about how this is a replica/fake not an homage (even though it has a sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel unlike the MM300). TBH, in a perverse way,that makes me want it even more now :D

The maker (the same guy who did the Sharkey Seiko Homages) has just updated his eBay thread for the preorder with some in progress photos.

IMG_2988.jpg

IMG_2989.jpg

IMG_2990.jpg

IMG_2991.jpg

IMG_2992.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

IMG_2995.jpg

IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg

IMG_2998.jpg

Looking good! Not bad for $299 eh?

WatchDog21

I am sure this will be a great watch, this is the same maker of my SBBN015 "Sharkey" homage. I had actually pre-ordered this one but after so many delays I cancelled and just bought the SDBX017 :wacko:

Kinda regret cancelling but I doubt it would get more wrist time over the Seiko. I put the Sharkey and the MM300 side by side yesterday for a small comparison of the movement sweep.

The Sharkey is a solid build, this one should hopefully be the same.

Mtmbiturbo

Looking real nice ????

Wriggles

I see the same seller has this at 100usd, 299usd and 1999usd!!!!

The 1999 listing is off putting, why list the same watch multiple times at different prices, seems odd.

That said I have a Sharkey 6105 already and it's decent for the money

Foxindebox
I am sure this will be a great watch, this is the same maker of my SBBN015 "Sharkey" homage. I had actually pre-ordered this one but after so many delays I cancelled and just bought the SDBX017 :wacko:

Kinda regret cancelling but I doubt it would get more wrist time over the Seiko. I put the Sharkey and the MM300 side by side yesterday for a small comparison of the movement sweep.

I must admit, I'm really jealous of your SDBX017, it's gorgeous :)

The 1999 listing is off putting, why list the same watch multiple times at different prices, seems odd.

I think the different prices and listings were from different stages of the build. The $1999 was just advertising it (I don't think he expected anyone to buy at that price) and the $100 one was just a deposit, with the balance to be paid later. Now that it's quite close to being finished, he's taking pre-orders at full price. I thought "fuck it" and just took a punt on the full price listing. We'll see how it turns out... needless to say, I'll update the thread when I get more info ;)

WatchDog21

I must admit, I'm really jealous of your SDBX017, it's gorgeous :)

I think the different prices and listings were from different stages of the build. The $1999 was just advertising it (I don't think he expected anyone to buy at that price) and the $100 one was just a deposit, with the balance to be paid later. Now that it's quite close to being finished, he's taking pre-orders at full price. I thought "fuck it" and just took a punt on the full price listing. We'll see how it turns out... needless to say, I'll update the thread when I get more info ;)

Yeah, the different prices were based on Pre-Order.

I probably should have just waited and rolled it if I did not want to keep it but oh well I took the $100 and put it towards the Seiko. :ohwell:

fatarms

I really like this with the subtle hexagonal pearl and pinion. Really cool.

Genius

He's got a lot of bargain own brand stuff for sale!

WatchDog21

He's just listed his 200M Tuna Can and I'm in..........for this price is bloody good value :)

http://www.ebay.com....872.m2749.l2649

You won't be disappointed!

cvp3

I ordered the turtle as well for $136. Nice watches.....thanks for the heads up.

Boycie
I ordered the turtle as well for $136. Nice watches.....thanks for the heads up.

What's the link for the Turtle please?

cvp3

What's the link for the Turtle please?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japan-NH35-Tuna-Diver-Automatic-wristwatch-Marine-Master-Man-Turtle-6105-8110/172352129109?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=471205946463&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

$10 off + 1% eBay bucks rebate + 1.6% befrugal rebate = $136.

be4real
cvp3

I'm selling my MM300 homage. Well not exactly. I bought 2. LOL Absolutely blown away by these homages.

KarmaToBurn

Sorry to bring back a dead thread...

For those who got the Merkur MM300 how was it? 

I see that Sharkey (Heimdallr) also has an homage available. I've been very happy with my Sharkey SBBN015 so this one is tempting to me. 

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c.w4002-16329257982.14.6b2743386BJG7A&id=556945450828 

TB2sSC1a6mfF1JjSspcXXXZMXXa_!!3250722890

Also interesting is the Uroborus 44mm Halios Puck homage that's coming out. It looks good but the 'sweeping second quartz' movement (what could that be?) has me hesitating to pull the trigger

http://www.spreenow.com/taobao-agent/taobao/560675805386?option=com_jumi&fileid=27&shop=taobao&i=560675805386

This is the 48mm automatic version they released earlier this year

20837163_209007932965347_553065282899070 

Forgot about the Sharkey maker and their sterile 62MAS coming out too (it's just in renderings at the moment)...

http://www.spreenow.com/taobao-agent/taobao/560959792351?option=com_jumi&fileid=27&shop=taobao&i=560959792351

TB2bbTyblDH8KJjy1zeXXXjepXa_!!2864074994

Foxindebox

I cancelled my order in the end as the watch STILL isn't ready for shipping. I'm sure he's not scamming but I had other things to spend my money on ;)

KarmaToBurn
36 minutes ago, Foxindebox said:

I cancelled my order in the end as the watch STILL isn't ready for shipping. I'm sure he's not scamming but I had other things to spend my money on ;)

Bummer but I understand ;) . I guess it's better that they keep working on it instead of shipping a POS. Was your original order placed through one of the Taobao buying agents or somewhere else? I noticed that Uroborus is also doing a MM300 homage so I guess they're all in on the game.  I wonder how long it takes before the rep makers start putting Seiko on the dial?

Foxindebox

It was through eBay mate. No trouble from the seller, refunded me immediately.

Btw that sterile 62MAS looks the shit!!! I might have to get one of those...

KarmaToBurn
52 minutes ago, Foxindebox said:

It was through eBay mate. No trouble from the seller, refunded me immediately.

Btw that sterile 62MAS looks the shit!!! I might have to get one of those...

Sharkey has a direct website where they are currently selling a pre-order of a branded version of the 62MAS and a bronze 6105

https://www.fiftyfourwatch.com/watches

25a869_fca48b5ad32e495184f48df9bf9f2a99~

25a869_a4ab01e082494e3986a654c64cc46118~

Foxindebox

Cheers mate!

FL13

Anyone get the Merkur 9015?

FunnyStarSystem

Too many colors to choose from on the 62, decisions, decisions - great links in here, thanks guys

WatchDog21

Like the looks of the bronze one and it would be tempting but Seiko has the bronze turtle out as well; about $50 more than the Fifty Four's depending on where you look.

cvp3

Love my Sharkeys. Also have a black PVD turtle inbound now.

IMG_5441.jpg

image.jpg