Sign in to follow this  
sjb

Should I wear my Panarai rep to an Italian Car Day?

sjb

There is a large gathering of Italian cars(Ferrari,Lamborghini,Masarati etc etc) at Brooklands in Surrey, UK at the end of April.

Should I wear my Pam rep? I am tempted but I don't know if I should?

Takken

Why shouldn't you?

Luthier

Really, why not???

sjb

Exactly,why not....I have decided that I almost certainly will,just wanted some other peoples views.

gtwc

Wear it unless it's completely crap...

ie : says Paneria, Marina Mariniae etc.

don't worry.

Pringles

I would wear a Panerai Ferrari now :Praying:

greg_r

I'm not far from Brooklands. If I make it there on the day you gotta believe I am gonna be wearing a Panerai....

sjb
Wear it unless it's completely crap...

ie : says Paneria, Marina Mariniae etc.

don't worry.

Hehe,no its pretty good..... however I have also got a cheapie that I got from a street vendor in Shanghai that says its a GMT,but doesn't have a 3rd hand!

sjb
I'm not far from Brooklands. If I make it there on the day you gotta believe I am gonna be wearing a Panerai....

Might see you there then Greg,its great day out if you like Italian motors.

Del

Too right I'd wear a Panerai ;)

andygt

I wouldn't if I were you, the rep police have a heavy presence at these events not to mention some of the higher ranking officers are 'well connected' if you know what I mean...

powderfreak

NO, dont do it. Wear a Glashütte and tell everybody, Germans are more skilled craftsmen and German cars are also much better. But ensure you rent a Porsche that day ;)

Ska

Stop scaring him comrade Andy :D

Tressles61

I agree. Nothing like walking around looking at cars, enjoying yourself when a tap on the shoulder comes. "Please come with us sir". Then you sit there for hours before you are finally questioned. If you don't tell them where the watch came from then you are arrested. Basterds.

I wouldn't if I were you, the rep police have a heavy presence at these events not to mention some of the higher ranking officers are 'well connected' if you know what I mean...

Tressles61

Note here that Greg said Panerai not replica panerai. You people need to be straight with this guy and tell him what really happens if you wear a replica to an event like that.

samurai dave

I wear my reps all the time (although I only have 2) and if anyone wants to talk to me about them I will tell them that they are reps, but people dont ask. They either dont know what they are looking at or dont care.

There is a guy at work who has 2 Omegas and has been saving for years for a sub. I turned up with my rep from Lay and he was bowled over with the quality. He could have been convinced that it was the real thing.

Unless someone actually take your wrist in their hand and examines the watch they will never know.

The bloke who runs the burger van in the local market has a rolex and I have no idea if it is real or not. I assume it is fake but you never know.

Wear your watch with pride, enjoy it and enjoy the great looking cars.

David543

I'd wear it. Most won't notice. Maybe no one will notice, it's only us who care.... Only watch the public recognise is Rolex :D

watch.aholic

Why the reluctance? Let's not live in any fear. If at all, we are smarter than the bunch of guys who pay 30 times for to get an almost identical watch. :D

pollux1
Note here that Greg said Panerai not replica panerai. You people need to be straight with this guy and tell him what really happens if you wear a replica to an event like that.

Please don't tell the nooks about the awful outcome of the guy who wore his v2 grande complication to a movie opening if I recall he barely got out alive.

David543

Please don't tell the nooks about the awful outcome of the guy who wore his v2 grande complication to a movie opening if I recall he barely got out alive.

Nooks?? :rofl:

Baldrick

Turn up with ANY of these on your wrist, nobody will know the difference between gen and rep !

309FERRARIAUTO2.jpg

313FERRARIYELLOWCHRONO3.jpg

316FERRARIBLACKA3BLACKCHRONO3.jpg

367FERRARIROSEGOLDCHRONOGRAPH4.jpg

RACING2.jpg

Ska

3rd one down is just pure lust.

sjb
I agree. Nothing like walking around looking at cars, enjoying yourself when a tap on the shoulder comes. "Please come with us sir". Then you sit there for hours before you are finally questioned. If you don't tell them where the watch came from then you are arrested. Basterds.

Seriously? I've never heard of anyone being arrested for wearing a rep, in the UK anyway.

I think I'm being wound up. :)

sjb
Turn up with ANY of these on your wrist, nobody will know the difference between gen and rep !

309FERRARIAUTO2.jpg

313FERRARIYELLOWCHRONO3.jpg

316FERRARIBLACKA3BLACKCHRONO3.jpg

367FERRARIROSEGOLDCHRONOGRAPH4.jpg

RACING2.jpg

Beautiful,If only I had one,

Love the last 3,well all of em actually!