Sign in to follow this  
Genius

Wish I could put a watch on and just wear it.... Got too many watches

RussP

Your mistake is in thinking you have to wear them all ;)

Buy/Collect/Accumulate for the mixed and many esoteric reasons that drive you. But don't let the 'oh but how can I wear them all' fairy whispering in your ear stop you.

A collector of fighting knives with cabinets full of fashioned steel, won't be found pacing the floor at night worrying how to get into enough knife fights :giggle:

I

I'm with Reg on this issue.

I have more watches that I've never worn in my collection than the ones I actually get to wear.

greg_r

Hehe good point. My primary reason for trying to keep the numbers down is simply that I've run out of room for watchboxes :lol:

Go the wallpaper route :giggle:

I already did that with antique books :D

ticktockmydickdoc

I knew this hobby could potentially get out of hand for me so I purchased a watch box to fit 4. That's all I get. If I order another one, one in the box goes on sale.

Purposefully did that to control myself.

Then it'll be an 8 space box, then a 12 then 20, then 24.....etc

Not gonna happen. This was a custom made watch box that cost me $110 with my initials engraved on it. If it was off the shelf, I could replace it easily. I made sure to put the roadblocks in place so I don't end up like you crazies :D

black263

I think I must have posted a dozen times that I was going to stick to the contents of a watch box (that became two watch boxes). I then made a promise to myself, that I would take just one shelf in the cabinet, with two x 10 pillow boxes, and a single Cartier Santos (which came with a box) in between. That would give me a limit of 21 watches, and I swore I would never ever buy another box.

Amazingly, I managed to stick to that. So all I have are the two watch boxes and the single for the Cartier, and not another watch box in sight. The spare 14 watches are just draped around the boxes I'm sticking to

Oh, and Clare now needs a 12 space box, but that doesn't really count.

Edit. Before someone tells me to sell the extras, I've tried. OH HOW I've tried. Box queens I've never worn, I've looked at with an absolute intention of selling, and then thought that some day, just maybe, I'd get round to wearing them, and I'd kick myself if the day came and I'd sold them. In the meantime, as Reg so incisively observed, they make great ornaments.