Sign in to follow this  
boneyjr

PAM 312 question

boneyjr

I am happy to report that today I received a package from Robert containing a gorgeous Blue Submariner and a PAM 312 (pics posted tonight under his feedback page). Unfortunately, the PAM 312 does not seem to be working.

The second hand will start sweeping, then just stop. If I carefully shake the watch it will start again... then promptly stop. Am I missing something? Is there a step I need to take in order to get it started?

Thanks in advance!!

KBH

I assume that you've wound it first?

boneyjr

To the best of my knowledge, the answer is yes. I unhinged the screw lever and wound it away from me until I couldn't go any further. This is correct? Thanks.

TAGster

As far as I know the 312 has an automatic movement (gen) so I assume your rep comes with an automatic movement, maybe is a upgraded 21j with seconds hand and date, if so, the watch should wound when you wear it/shake it. Shake the watch for a couple of minutes and it should work without stopping for a decent amount of time, it won´t stop as long as you wear it.

I am not sure if this movements (21j) can be manually wounded, but you can try.

Hope this helps.

boneyjr

Hi thanks. And yes, it is an automatic movement. I shook it for about 2 minutes and it just stops after about 5 seconds. So disappointed. It look gorgeous.