Eraldkolici

Ap quartz movement

Eraldkolici

I wanted to buy a quartz ap crono but i'm not sure if the quality is ok 

I'm not expecting high quality but don't want to spend money over garbage 

I've seen an ap crono at aootime among the normal replicas for 138$ does anyone of you raccomand that? 

Do you have any other suggestion for a nice ss ap quartz ?

Edited by Eraldkolici

greg_r

I've had a couple of quartz APs and they've been decent.

Thommo82

I have an AP Royal Oak VK Quartz. It's good quality 

Genius

I have a $70 cheapie and even that is decent quality 

Gussmanca

How's the sweep on a quartz piece? 

Thommo82
4 hours ago, Gussmanca said:

How's the sweep on a quartz piece? 

Really.......?

simey83

I had a quartz one for a while and was very impressed with the quality for the price!

Gussmanca
10 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

Really.......?

Condescension. 
It takes a particular type of individual to offer that tone to someone who clearly has less knowledge than them on a given subject (doesn't it clearly say "Newbie" under my username?), particularly when that individual opening a genuine inquiry. What was even the point of this post? 

Nevertheless, I found the information I needed - There generally isn't a sweep on quartz pieces. They tick; well actually some of the quartz movements might sweep but it's much less common.  Hopefully if any newbies in the future find themselves with the same question I had, they can glean a little something from this thread beyond "Really......?" 

Thommo82
1 hour ago, Gussmanca said:

Condescension. 
It takes a particular type of individual to offer that tone to someone who clearly has less knowledge than them on a given subject (doesn't it clearly say "Newbie" under my username?), particularly when that individual opening a genuine inquiry. What was even the point of this post? 

Nevertheless, I found the information I needed - There generally isn't a sweep on quartz pieces. They tick; well actually some of the quartz movements might sweep but it's much less common.  Hopefully if any newbies in the future find themselves with the same question I had, they can glean a little something from this thread beyond "Really......?" 

Being cute will get you nowhere in here. Doing even a small amount of research yourself so as not to sound completely ignorant will get you everywhere. Your question was worse than, 'who's got the best sub?' 

Condescension, I've seen it in droves around here. Be happy it came from me and not Onze.......

Welcome to the forum 

stu7sinc

Kitty checking out my watch.

7b6582b11ce7f118eb8d0366017e5c2d.jpg

Not particularly helpful but oh so cute.

Gussmanca,

Thommo82 offered up some good advice. Maybe not worded in the most friendly or welcoming of fashions. But good helpful advice.

He may not be so cute, but if you check out his posts you will find him sharing plenty of helpful information and viewpoints.

I encourage you to read as much as you can. There is so much information available on this forum. Use the search feature when you are looking for something in particular. I had been reading posts for a full year before making my first post.

But most of all don’t be afraid to post pictures of your purchases and share your viewpoints. Don’t even be afraid to ask silly questions. Just be prepared for some members to have a good old did. You will see plenty of helpful replies between the insults.

Please take any insults like water off a duck back. Don’t let them bother you and definitely don’t get into a war of words. Too often this ends badly for a newbie. The newbie bashing might be the reason we have such a huge number of members and yet so few who post regularly.

I really wish I could find time to post more often myself. Life has just been too busy. There must have been nearly a hundred watches pass through my hands since my last post.

Now that tapatalk is back, I hope to get back to posting pictures of my watches again soon.

Enjoy the hobby mate.

I’m looking forward to seeing what you get and hearing what you think of it.

I do hope the picture appears or this post won't look so cute.

Sent from my iris 870s using Tapatalk

Gussmanca

Stu, 

You're a proper gentleman and a scholar. I've got a couple watches on the way and look forward to sharing them and learning more as the hobby continues.

Cheers, good sir.

P.s. this is an astoundingly astute point:

2 hours ago, stu7sinc said:

The newbie bashing might be the reason we have such a huge number of members and yet so few who post regularly.

But I will say, I find a lot more helpful folks than arrogant ones on this board. So in all I'm glad to have stumbled across it. 

dappel08

you get what you pay for and in my opinion the way to go with AP is automatic movement.  you can find them on here for a decent price.  check out trusty.  I feel like for just a few hundred and depending on the TD you use sometimes even uder 300 you can get a great quality auto rep AP.