k2efy

ebay dssd

RepGuy

That pearl is a mile off. Rolex wouldn't let that out the door

Edit: Listing says it's a "top quality" aftermarket case and dial... A.K.A. rep parts. I wouldn't touch this for that price... it's got no real water resistance and is a glorified Franken build

Theduke.williams
22 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

That pearl is a mile off. Rolex wouldn't let that out the door

Edit: Listing says it's a "top quality" aftermarket case and dial... A.K.A. rep parts. I wouldn't touch this for that price... it's got no real water resistance and is a glorified Franken build

Exactly - seller claimes waterproofed to a very deep level - where's the evidence.

Personally I wouldn't wear a rep case in the shower until I've had the watch pressure checked, and even then the best pressure check I can find without sending off to be certified is 4 bar, or 40 metres - probably only sufficient for surface swimming, possibly some modest snorkelling.

RepGuy
46 minutes ago, Theduke.williams said:

Exactly - seller claimes waterproofed to a very deep level - where's the evidence.

Personally I wouldn't wear a rep case in the shower until I've had the watch pressure checked, and even then the best pressure check I can find without sending off to be certified is 4 bar, or 40 metres - probably only sufficient for surface swimming, possibly some modest snorkelling.

I actually messaged the seller pointing out that they should fully disclose the fact they are using rep parts for the dial, bracelet, and case. I also told them how the rep cases aren't water resistant as he claims, and the helium valve is fake. I even let them know the serious shit they could get into if someone bought that Watch thinking all parts were genuine, and then sent it to Rolex for service, since Rolex would keep the watch due to it being a Franken with fake parts. Seller actually replied to me, and wasn't a dick, but I still don't buy his story about the case: 

"appreciate your knowledge however here are the facts 

1) working functional helium escape valve 

2) passed water test to 15 ATM highest possible for air pressure tester 

3) Watch has same construction as genuine all the way to the screws. Also I am working on a bracelet to match genuine also. Will be ready in a few weeks. 

The case is custom made and very high quality 

This is not a typical cheap knock off....i assure you"

I really doubt the seller had the means to build a custom DSSD case from the ground up especially with an insert pearl so off center. If you really had something custom built, everything would be perfect, as opposed to this DHGate case and dial. Either way, I reported it in an attempt to save some poor buyer a headache.

k2efy

I just was worried that the movement might have been rep to.

austinsom

Wouldn't touch it.  The pictures are clearly taken at different times, and who knows if that movement is actually in the watch, or if it's even the same watch.  The movement in those pics looks fine, but those images may be from some other auction or google.  

His perfect feedback record :picard: also means he is 100% trustworthy.  Goes from selling cookie cutters to a Rolex. Nothing suspicious at all. Really. 

Diver Dave
On September 16, 2017 at 14:47, Theduke.williams said:

I started to reply to this and it turned into a long enough reply that I posted it as a new thread in general, titled "waterproofing, etc". You might be interested in it. 

4 bar testing is plenty if done correctly. The problem is that very few people do it correctly. Read my other post to see why, 

And you're right twice: I wouldn't touch this watch, and I don't put any watch into the water without testing it. 

Dave 

Theduke.williams
6 hours ago, Diver Dave said:

I started to reply to this and it turned into a long enough reply that I posted it as a new thread in general, titled "waterproofing, etc". You might be interested in it. 

4 bar testing is plenty if done correctly. The problem is that very few people do it correctly. Read my other post to see why, 

And you're right twice: I wouldn't touch this watch, and I don't put any watch into the water without testing it. 

Dave 

Read your reply, and very informative and educational it was, thank you;-

Maybe I WILL order me one of the cheap 4 Bar testers from China, now I'm armed with a little bit of knowledge!

Diver Dave
2 hours ago, Theduke.williams said:

Read your reply, and very informative and educational it was, thank you;-

Maybe I WILL order me one of the cheap 4 Bar testers from China, now I'm armed with a little bit of knowledge!

Anyone playing with watches needs one. They are so cheap as to be accessible to anyone and pay themselves back immediately. No need to be sheepish about swimming with a watch wondering if it's ok. Just test and know. And the good news is that every Sub and GMT rep that I've tested has either been watertight "as is" or after sealing the crown tube with a drop of Loctite. Takes fifteen minutes and a few tools to do  

spacecat

does it let water in as it tests?

Griffo
On 18/09/2017 at 22:55, Diver Dave said:

Anyone playing with watches needs one. They are so cheap as to be accessible to anyone and pay themselves back immediately. No need to be sheepish about swimming with a watch wondering if it's ok. Just test and know. And the good news is that every Sub and GMT rep that I've tested has either been watertight "as is" or after sealing the crown tube with a drop of Loctite. Takes fifteen minutes and a few tools to do  

You got a link to one? Sounds like something i'd like to have, but have no idea what i'm looking for to search for one!

dtodoli

You can search "watch waterproof tester" on amazon, ebay, etc. (I would paste links but not sure is allowed here). Anyway you will find many, mostly of them for up to 6 ATM. Prices around 100 quid ...

Diver Dave
On 10/9/2017 at 19:12, spacecat said:

does it let water in as it tests?

No, and I posted a full article on it entitled "waterproofing etc" if you go search for it. 

Dave

McGilli

So - this auction ended up selling for almost $2,300USD - thoughts?

I'm guessing Ebay didn't care, or have time to care when it was reported....

narikaa

Unless it was reported by the proven intellectual property rights holder...

why would they?

McGilli
11 hours ago, narikaa said:

Unless it was reported by the proven intellectual property rights holder...

why would they?

Ok this is one of the areas Im curious to learn about. I have no experience with reps or counterfeit merchandise of any kind on EBay so I didn't know normal people can't get them taken down.

narikaa

Although it's their stated policy, it requires very little thinking through

Lets say we both sell gold plated dweilflonkers on eBay

I'm two feedbacks short of powerseller status & you're pissing all over my sales with cheaper prices

so

I just drop eBay a line proclaiming myself the self-appointed expert of all things dweilflonker and declare your stock to be fakes

And what

They just take you down?

Flave

eBay got their 10%. And probably the PayPal fees to boot 

WarBoom

Supposedly on eBay if you get a counterfeit item you keep the item and get a refund. 

fatarms
36 minutes ago, WarBoom said:

Supposedly on eBay if you get a counterfeit item you keep the item and get a refund. 

I have read elsewhere on the forum that they require photographic evidence that the watch has been destroyed before any refund is issued.

WarBoom

My sister received some fake Oakley’s. She got a refund didn’t have to send in any pics. 

fakewatchironman

Notice the colors of the background in the movement photos are different than the photos of the watch head.  This indicates stolen movement pics.  Probably has a super clone movement inside so at first glance a jeweler or untrained watchmaker would confirm it is a gen movement if they don't notice the small differences including balance bridge.