Sign in to follow this  
Moosewood

A great experience with Trusty Time and Andrew!

Moosewood

While I am new to this forum, I have been purchasing and wearing reps for about 5 years. I don't have the experience many of you have, but I have opened a few up and performed minor repairs.

Anyways I have purchased from 2 other dealers in the past, however always ended up wondering why I strayed away from Trusty Time and Andrew whenever I did. His web site is as thorough and well laid out as I've seen and the selection is tremendous.

Two weeks ago I received a new Submariner 50th from Andrew to replace one I purchased 3-4 years ago and had suffered a fall to a concrete floor

The watch received was as described and as shown in the QC pics, however in hand it was not as nice as the first I had purchased in a few details.

Contacted Andrew and yesterday (8 days later) the postman delivers a replacement that lives up to my expectations exactly (In hindsight I should have consulted Andrew prior to ordering and determined which particular one to order out of the 5 or 6 available, that all appear quite similar on the site)...talk about customer service and ensuring I stay his customer. No fretting on his part about the first watch coming back before sending out replacement).

Ska

:)

Really glad to hear mate.........where are the photos!!!!

Moosewood
:)

Really glad to hear mate.........where are the photos!!!!

Just trying to figure out posting pics...I am very green. They are coming.

I sent the original out to a repair guy, he is trying to source a date wheel for it. One of the deficiencies of the first was a small date. The cyclops is apparently fine but the date font is wring. One of the easiest "give aways" I think; small date. I didn't take pics of it prior to sending it away and amazingly enough, Andrew did not insist on pictures before making a decision. I do however have the original "QC" picture, which I will post.

Moosewood

Pictures:

Here are some pics (please excuse the one I took, as it is an IPhone photo and not great)

Original watch (QC pic)

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa421/.../SubLV1-1-1.jpg

Replacement watch (QC pic)

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa421/...od/SubLV1-1.jpg

Replacement watch (my pic)

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa421/...od/SubLV2-1.jpg

The replacement watch has a rehaut that appears very "wokey", but in reality is only minutely more angled and hardly different than others. It has nice depth I thjink and that makes it appear a bit strange in the photos, were in person is quite good.

NFleischer

Welcome- glad you are satisfied with your new Rolex, many people have used Andrew here although he's not

on the 'trusted dealer' list. Check out the sticky by Silverspeed for tips on watch pix, use the icon to attach the image

from photobucket or other source. You get the hang of it after a short time.

Silverspeed

There is nothing wrong with Andrew or Joshua, not the cheapest that's for sure, but very reliable and extremely quick answering questions

sconehead

Andrew is on the trusted list...under 'other' dealers...:P

greg_r
Welcome- glad you are satisfied with your new Rolex, many people have used Andrew here although he's not

on the 'trusted dealer' list. Check out the sticky by Silverspeed for tips on watch pix, use the icon to attach the image

from photobucket or other source. You get the hang of it after a short time.

Andrew and Josh have been on our Trusted list since day 1, mate. They're just not forum dealers here...

Moosewood
For us ignorants on the board: is it this one http://www.yourtrustytime.com/ ?

Yes, that is Andrew's site.

millerjohn

Looks really great! Congrats!

And for an Iphone 3G(s?) the pic isn't to bad either, I can almost see your big happy grin :)