Nikosaldente

Post your TUDOR Watches here!

BadApple

After some long deliberation I made my mind up to go for my pinnacle in getting a high end gen that will be with me until I slip off this mortal coil. A difficult decision given the standard of the reps out there and I’ve been on the longest and most expensive TBYB exercise known to man. 

I would not be satisfied with something that had been perfectly repped. I would not be able to stretch to IWC, Omega. Breitlings are all near perfect thanks to GF so again they were excluded and when it comes to Tudor ZF blows everything out of the park and the only ones I would get is a Bronzo or Pelagos due to size but again so well repped.

ZF came to the rescue as one model they failed miserably on was the Pelagos LHD. Their use of white dial and bezel lettering made it an epic fail. The last few days have been spent in fiscal preparation of my purchase passing on my beloved reps for others to enjoy. Following up on some first dibs and M2M sales. 

The money I have wasted over the last 4-5 years I could have bought the LHD outright and still had a box of reps and my Oris but now I am going to be down to 3 reps and my LHD. My rep purchasing days are over. So are my rep sales. End of an era for me. I have to be strong. I was a 20 a day smoker and will power got me to stop. I have to be as bold with my watches. I am keeping my H Fac 288K, my Black Shark vintage and I have a Sea Wolf coming in this week which will be my daily beater. My 12 slot watch box has been put away and will more than likely be put in the dustbin to prevent me being tempted again.

Much of my decision is also based on what is an obvious demise of the rep factories in China. People say they will be back in a different guise but I’m not confident this is the case. All the famous factories have gone, the other start ups will be the next to get stamped on. 

jI8qYQ.jpg jI8IwL.jpg jI8ozS.jpg jI8i7W.jpg jI89Gv.jpg jI8OVR.jpg jI8yi8.jpg jI81CK.jpg jI86L1.jpg

• Like 8

Howitzer

jOyTk8.jpg

Alhig72

1d3deab0023c7eff9616bd403841a334.jpg7b03741b767d5b9f33a67cc6aadcdaa8.jpg22af84dcf451843e76b2ac2d0e723bea.jpg

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Pesman
After some long deliberation I made my mind up to go for my pinnacle in getting a high end gen that will be with me until I slip off this mortal coil. A difficult decision given the standard of the reps out there and I’ve been on the longest and most expensive TBYB exercise known to man. 
I would not be satisfied with something that had been perfectly repped. I would not be able to stretch to IWC, Omega. Breitlings are all near perfect thanks to GF so again they were excluded and when it comes to Tudor ZF blows everything out of the park and the only ones I would get is a Bronzo or Pelagos due to size but again so well repped.
ZF came to the rescue as one model they failed miserably on was the Pelagos LHD. Their use of white dial and bezel lettering made it an epic fail. The last few days have been spent in fiscal preparation of my purchase passing on my beloved reps for others to enjoy. Following up on some first dibs and M2M sales. 
The money I have wasted over the last 4-5 years I could have bought the LHD outright and still had a box of reps and my Oris but now I am going to be down to 3 reps and my LHD. My rep purchasing days are over. So are my rep sales. End of an era for me. I have to be strong. I was a 20 a day smoker and will power got me to stop. I have to be as bold with my watches. I am keeping my H Fac 288K, my Black Shark vintage and I have a Sea Wolf coming in this week which will be my daily beater. My 12 slot watch box has been put away and will more than likely be put in the dustbin to prevent me being tempted again.
Much of my decision is also based on what is an obvious demise of the rep factories in China. People say they will be back in a different guise but I’m not confident this is the case. All the famous factories have gone, the other start ups will be the next to get stamped on. 

jI8qYQ.jpg jI8IwL.jpg jI8ozS.jpg jI8i7W.jpg jI89Gv.jpg jI8OVR.jpg jI8yi8.jpg jI81CK.jpg jI86L1.jpg

Dibs on the impending sale list PLEASE!!

With respect, I won't hold my breath on your willpower but admire the resolve. The point re factories is so true. I noticed that nearly all the lovely high end Tag Heuer 01 reps have gone now. Thank God I have my CLEP... just wish I'd never sold my V6F omegas...M2M will becoming a lot more competitive me thinks!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Intresting
On 20/10/2021 at 03:47, BadApple said:

My rep purchasing days are over. So are my rep sales. End of an era for me. I have to be strong.

jI8i7W.jpg    

Yeh. Nah.  You will be back.  :)    For more.  With newer machines, factories can be ever smaller pumping out even greater reps.  No way it will be completely stamped out.  Just waiting for the CCP member who got scammed to stop huffing and puffing and its back to business.    What will M2M be without your legendary discounts?  :D

APjumbo

@BadApple 

I applaud your willpower. Hopefully some day I will get there myself.

I love your LHD choice, the datewheel is marvellous.

Until then….

4224-F649-B273-434-A-B285-BDE64-B320-A92

• Like 1

BravoDelta
On 19/10/2021 at 13:47, BadApple said:

jI8qYQ.jpg jI8IwL.jpg jI89Gv.jpg 

:whatdidimiss:

@BadApple How did I miss this? :facepalm: Congrats on the new gen Tudor. It's a beauty! There's nothing like owning a grail gen watch. This post surely deserved its own thread!

• Like 1

ShylockEins

6ddf46cdf0ec75e8b02ee8ed31d8cfef.jpg

splke

j9ug6o.jpg

CurioLeo

j9bTTv.jpg

One and done post - perhaps I should have clarified they all have the same provenance 

Edited by CurioLeo
  • Like 1

Jackflash

e2f38e1e833501fec304f998793b8208.jpg

ShylockEins

75653fdc00c6a681b42a1fc31d84ef29.jpg

Pp04811

j8ACdo.jpg

brobar
On 29/11/2021 at 16:22, ShylockEins said:

75653fdc00c6a681b42a1fc31d84ef29.jpg

That looks very familiar:

j8WC5F.jpg

• Like 2

Alhig72

aefec0c0ecb9a5d8ad9e8c1f758688a1.jpg6021c24249555606e4b0855dede96080.jpgc3291532ef06d49436866b6add36c039.jpg

• Like 1

BadPickle

8-EEE8204-720-A-48-C4-B633-014-B675-C3-D

• Like 1

brobar

Got both my slate grey and Bucherer blue BBB's in this week to complete the trio.  The Brown and Grey are both on Gunny Straps.  Got a rough suede dark blue with gold stitching leather strap on order from Gunny for the Bucherer.

tudors.jpg

• Like 2

tribefan
4 minutes ago, brobar said:

Got both my slate grey and Bucherer blue BBB's in this week to complete the trio.  The Brown and Grey are both on Gunny Straps.  Got a rough suede dark blue with gold stitching leather strap on order from Gunny for the Bucherer.

tudors.jpg

All three are beauties, imo, congrats. If Devil's slate had been in the US , I'd have all three too.

BadPickle

32617529-DD68-47-E5-A0-E8-9-DDB0-C9-C411

• Like 3

fatarms
On 19/10/2021 at 13:47, BadApple said:

My rep purchasing days are over. So are my rep sales. End of an era for me. I have to be strong. I was a 20 a day smoker and will power got me to stop. I have to be as bold with my watches. I am keeping my H Fac 288K, my Black Shark vintage and I have a Sea Wolf coming in this week which will be my daily beater.

:Whistle::lol:

I completely missed that you picked this gen Pelagos up.  Congrats, man!

Alhig72

6f9dea5eeb4b9becbda6e73304b777e4.jpga05728a4d1dcb50a88360196901be1e0.jpg

• Like 3

HorFan

b5fed831711ff8a95138707859b0e2b1.jpg

• Like 1

ShylockEins

0f41768f2d1d812d2dc7f26dcb530a1d.jpg

73107816f73898d86c4919fc5d728645.jpg