Thommo82

Watch Cabinet Project

cvp3

Nice project!

Glaude
3 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

I can change the shelves to be flat, just prefer the slanted effect. I did think of drilling the base to the shelf like you mentioned. So far I think it’s the best solution. I want to still be able to pull the C off the base for ease of getting watches on and off. 

I must remember to give you a discount  off your next purchase in thanks for advice you’ve given 

Easy one : Pre drill the fuck out of the stand, then put a screw in it, you won't crack the plastic that way... but this will be ugly... as you.

To make it less ugly than you, you can use plastic screw and bolt, they exist in semi-translucent.

narikaa

Or alternatively

a dozen golf ball sized gobs of blu tack

Fiddo
9 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

Hmmm......

Id still have to glue one side of the Velcro to the felt, which I fear would lift up over time. 

I feel like it needs a permanent bond to the shelf

Replace the felt with velcro fabric?  I think they make it in sheets.  Place the other part of the velcro fastener on the bottom of the stand?   

Thommo82
7 hours ago, GingerBubba said:

They'll finish building the Sagrada Familia before this gets fucking finished, lol! Looks good so far though. Sooooo glad I discovered this thread today, you lot are hilarious.

Seems a common theme that most of my posts turn to Shit. Some vary so much that I totally forget what the fuck I was talking about in the first place 

5 hours ago, Xpletiv said:

Screw that, start all over!

Remove the shelves, make a cushion holder set-up that covers the whole back panel top to bottom(take the style that is used in the drawers and apply it to a vertical surface), then make up 2 rows(or what fits)of cushion panels(again top to bottom)for the insides of each door, just make sure that the doors can open without hitting each other.

This way they are all in the open and not blocking the next and no worry about falling over.

You'll be done by new years eve!

You know what, this isn’t the worst idea in the world......

I might humour it if the C stands shit me too much 

Xpletiv

Exactly^, just picture it, even draw it out, see how many can fit just to get an idea, it's like an unfolding treasure chest!

As long as the cushions fit in snugly there shouldn't be any problem with stuff falling out, hell, I can practically turn some of mine upside down and they stay in. Granted they're not Youblow Muffdiver4000s in weight...

Draw it it, you know know you're going to like it. I think reaching in and around the C stands woul drive me knutz, and then you'll know what the C stands for!

HA!

Edited by Xpletiv

Natas78

Great stories like this make fora great :) Used to frequent earlybay.com for those awesome build stories. Never finished my earlybay bus but I tried :):D

Cubic Hare

Getting back on track......

A while back I bought these from either the Gate or Ali. 8cm base makes them stable enough for even big heavy watches and covered in black felt. The C clip is spring steel and very bendable to suit. I don't think they would slide even at a decent angle.

IMG_20171231_090443.jpg

Genius

If you're going for the stands pre drill the screw holes in the stands to stop them cracking and also drill pilot holes through the shelves for your securing screws. 

Sounds obvious when I wrote it but if you don't could fuck it up

1 minute ago, Cubic Hare said:

A while back I bought these from either the Gate or Ali. 8cm base makes them stable enough for even big heavy watches and covered in black felt. The C clip is spring steel and very bendable to suit. I don't think they would slide even at a decent angle.

IMG_20171231_090443.jpg

Those look great!

TheTinMan

Who bumped this thread?

Trump will have his wall built before this fucking cabinet is done.

Where are we with this?

Glaude
34 minutes ago, TheTinMan said:

Who bumped this thread?

Trump will have his wall built before this fucking cabinet is done.

Where are we with this?

@Thommo82 posted an update, he has trouble fixing is Cunt stand

Thommo82
4 hours ago, Xpletiv said:

Exactly^, just picture it, even draw it out, see how many can fit just to get an idea, it's like an unfolding treasure chest!

As long as the cushions fit in snugly there shouldn't be any problem with stuff falling out, hell, I can practically turn some of mine upside down and they stay in. Granted they're not Youblow Muffdiver4000s in weight...

Draw it it, you know know you're going to like it. I think reaching in and around the C stands woul drive me knutz, and then you'll know what the C stands for!

HA!

As the C comes off the base rather easily it makes the reach around (lol) bit  not really an issue, but yes, I already have a picture in mind.

However I am stubborn as fuck, and I have already purchased the C stands so I will try and use them 

3 hours ago, Cubic Hare said:

IMG_20171231_090443.jpg

They look nice. I actually thought about covering my C stands with felt as I have enough left over

TheTinMan
They look nice. I actually thought about covering my C stands with felt as I have enough left over

I wonder how well (or poorly) felt would stay on those. I’m interested to hear your results.

Glaude
13 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

As the C comes off the base rather easily it makes the reach around (lol) bit  not really an issue, but yes, I already have a picture in mind.

However I am stubborn as fuck, and I have already purchased the C stands so I will try and use them 

I'm really impatient to see your C covered with felt ... :D

Nobbymogs

I am thinking that i need a new project in my life.

so i think in the new year and in sight of my new purchases i think i need to make something or adapt.

Now looking at some of the pics on this thread i be thinking i like the glass cabinet look with perhaps a bit of led up lighting which of course will be colour changing, thanks for the ideas project glass cabinet under way as this could also hold some of my trophies that i have collected over the years.

tic toc my mind is working over time and i have not even put pen to paper yet. This could be very interesting 

Rymeister
Just like my life...

Here one I thought about building.

896c270ccdd1ebadabef7a688fbe6a71.jpg&key=b2cd45ede908a2f4963e1649c5a12f1b26b10d386c000591fe0394110ab21a01

Now we’re talking !

@Op great project so far, have you finished it yet? Any joy with the c stands?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tabuktime

Jesus, have you not finished this fucking monstrosity yet @Thommo82?

Thommo82
6 hours ago, Rymeister said:

Now we’re talking !

@Op great project so far, have you finished it yet? Any joy with the c stands?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not yet

Apparently our planet has made another revolution around its star, so to congratulate it I decided to poison my body with copious amounts of beer and whiskey

2 hours ago, tabuktime said:

Jesus, have you not finished this fucking monstrosity yet @Thommo82?

Rome wasn’t built in a day 

Glaude
13 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

Rome wasn’t built in a day 

But your thing will probably end up looking like the Colosseum today... 

cheap fuck

Xpletiv

Quit calling him Jesus, otherwise he'd wave his magic wand and it would have been done by now....or is it twitch his nose.....nod his head, wink an eye, make a potion, raise the dead.......where am I?!

Glaude

Where's this bongo cabinet at @Thommo82 ?

Thommo82
1 hour ago, Glaude said:

Where's this bongo cabinet at @Thommo82 ?

Sorry to say that no progress has happened since my last update......

I really should get off my lazy ass and finish it off

tabuktime

Is this thing not firewood yet?

Thommo82
5 hours ago, tabuktime said:

Is this thing not firewood yet?

I coated it in anti-fire

Just in case you decide to visit 

Xpletiv

So you had to get off yer ass for that, then what happened? Ya fell down?!