trumpet39

Looking for the best Yachtmaster 2 rep

trumpet39

I got a submariner from a guy in here once who make amazing watches that are tight and weighty.  Looking to add a SS Yachtmaster 2.  Who has the best one? Are and customs made?  Thanks.

RepGuy

Rolex makes a pretty accurate YM2... barely any tells

black263
On 22/10/2017 at 02:54, trumpet39 said:

I got a submariner from a guy in here once who make amazing watches that are tight and weighty.  Looking to add a SS Yachtmaster 2.  Who has the best one? Are and customs made?  Thanks.

Nice to meet someone from Repgeek, or did you just post this in a random location?

trumpet39

I don't know what Repgeek is or what your reference refers to. I was simply looking for a watch.

black263
9 hours ago, trumpet39 said:

I don't know what Repgeek is or what your reference refers to. I was simply looking for a watch.

Repgeek is another watch collectors forum.  We provide an area of our forum for their members to use as a clubroom, if their own forum is down.  This is the dedicated area that you chose to post your query in.

trumpet39

OK. Thank you.  I joined this site about 5 or 6 years ago, and have some reps and some gens.  Really like some of the products, often better than the gens that people have.  I think I need to learn a little about watchmaking or at least watch tinkering.

RepGuy
8 minutes ago, trumpet39 said:

OK. Thank you.  I joined this site about 5 or 6 years ago, and have some reps and some gens.  Really like some of the products, often better than the gens that people have.  I think I need to learn a little about watchmaking or at least watch tinkering.

With 5-6 years of experience, you shouldn't be asking "Who has the best XXXX". Do yourself a favor and read through the New Member Posts (highlighted in red on the main page), which will explain this, and other, questions you have.

BadPickle
On 22/10/2017 at 02:54, trumpet39 said:

I was looking at this just this morning :D 

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/116-rolex-yachtmaster-2-this-version-has-a-working-countdown-timer.394062/#post-3667045

bloon

I had a look at the BP YM II/Clownmaster in SS and compared to the 2017 Gen, take my opinion based on comparisons made from a computer screen but the bezel font is wonky and thin. And the pushers are not the same design as gen. Also SEL of the rep doesnt extend as far out as the gen does. Lastly the faux countdown timer of the YMII in rep is not set to 0. The chrono red hand isnt as bright on rep compared to gen but that could be lighting. We need someone who can afford the gen/has the gen to make a rep comparison! But those are the most obvious tells which aren't that big when you're 2 feet away!

BadApple

I've a rose gold one you could spray up.....

bloon

Why would you get a RG one. You'll never get the gold tone right :(