Sign in to follow this  
edwelly

Question about weight of watches

edwelly

Hello all. In the past 4 weeks, I have bought a Paneria Ultimate, Paneria Black Seal, Hublot homage, U-Boat model?, and I have a Paneria homage on the way. While all are around 44-46mm in size, the weight seems to bother me more than anything. After a few hours, the watches just feel so heavy. Now I haven't worn a watch for years so I am sure my wrist is just in shock ;) but is this so eyhig anyone else has noticed?

I really want to get an Omega Seamaster with the orange dial and black rubber strap. How is the weight on it vs the other watches I have listed. Is there a watch like the ones above that might be a bit lighter.

Thanks - Erik

greg_r

Well, the black seal certainly isn't what I'd call a heavy watch, but I guess it's just down to what you're used to. Quite a few of my watches are reasonably weighty, but it doesn't really bother me. If you think the Black Seal is heavy, you should try a Mare Nostrum - or worse, a Big Egi! ;)

Can't comment on the Omega as I don't own one

KeNnY

Greg you do have Omega ! What about Ploprof ?! :D

edwelly you will get use to it, just wear it a little longer, and then you will not notice it ;)

greg_r
Greg you do have Omega ! What about Ploprof ?! ;)

From the description, it is fairly obvious that a Plop is not what the OP was thinking of buying..... :D

edwelly

Sorry I meant to say that I haven't worn a watch for years (I edited me post to reflect that).

greg_r

hehe - that's how I read it. I think you got it right the first time. Your wrist is in shock :D

Cynikal.Mindset

when I don't wear a watch my arm feels all light and airy, like its gonna float away

KBH

Sounds like you need a Rolex, The Datejusts, Daytonas, and Subs are very light, partly because of size and partly because the hollow mid'link bracelets and clasps are very light.

wombosi

You will probably get used to the weight after a week of wearing them. If after a month the blackseal still feels heavy, you definitely have to start doing some workouts :D

KeNnY
If after a month the blackseal still feels heavy, you definitely have to start doing some workouts ;)

yea !!! Healthy way of life :D

skinny_guy_lifting_weights.jpg

Don't worry edwelly, it is just the feeling. When I had U-BOAT homage, that brick had 320grams. I could feel it really for the first day, then suddenly it was ok :)

trailboss99

Maybe a Titanium Panerai would be more to the OP's liking?

Lots lighter but still a bog watch. The Omega will be lighter mate.

Col.

greg_r
Sounds like you need a Rolex, The Datejusts, Daytonas, and Subs are very light, partly because of size and partly because the hollow mid'link bracelets and clasps are very light.

My wife borrowed my old DD (37mm) version a few times, and she always used to complain about the weight. Go figure... ;)

Member X

Titanium is the way forward if you don't want a heavy watch!

Either that or go for the vintage rolex models - they are generally much lighter than you think they should be! I worry they've fallen off sometimes, they're that light ;) lol

NFleischer

You're probably not used to the size/weight of watches nowadays. Col's right- Ti

is lighter. Warning, some of these watches on S/S bracelets are very heavy, including Omegas.

Rollies are quite light in comparison.

SirDomino

My Invicta weighs close to a pound with all links. ;) I wear it daily and have no issues with the weight. ;)

5529308494_10986d685a_b.jpg

I thought the DSSD was a little heavy until the Invicta. lol.

You'll get use to it though.

othniel888
My Invicta weighs close to a pound with all links. :johng: I wear it daily and have no issues with the weight. :lol:

5529308494_10986d685a_b.jpg

I thought the DSSD was a little heavy until the Invicta. lol.

You'll get use to it though.

That is the most MASSIVE WATCH I've seen yet!!!!!!