Sign in to follow this  
Piloten

Oris Strap Workaround

Piloten

So, I have been looking at options for the nasty-ass, thrice damned proprietary lug system. Love my Meistertaucher, but I hate not being able to change straps at will.

Alter a nato strap with a knife, yeah, maybe

Gasgasbones and Combat Straps make some alternatives . . . don't really hit the vibe with me, especially the bund looking one

So, Oris now makes a lovely overpriced military wannabe, ok, pretty nice actually but a bit much, even at Jomashop http://www.jomashop.com/oris-watch-01-747-7715-7754-set.html 

However, a quick email to Oris found out that they, unlike other Swiss watches, will sell you parts. Specifically, I ordered the lug adapters from the force recon. They ought to be here in a week or so and they bloody well better fit.

Stay tuned

oris_force_recon_gmt_diver_nato_baselwor

Piloten

So, the adapters came. Should be a straight retrofit, right, you know, being Oris' own system.

Wrong

The case on the Recon is evidently a different size than the case on the Meistertaucher. I had to remove about .75mm from the filler between the lugs, where it fills the space from lugs to case.

3o2GosV.jpg

FFqL8mQ.jpg

J8Vh3Kt.jpg

dK0Wh4z.jpg

NcTOq9U.jpg

RampJ9D.jpg

It is only 20 or 21mm on the adapter but works nicely. Probably going to remove more from the bottom to let the adapters swing down more freely

• Like 1