Sign in to follow this  
JD20

New Member, Need Help

JD20

Hi RWG forum,

I just joined having searched the internet for the past two days looking for a replica of Patek Philippe's Calatrava - I believe the model number is 5127R, though I've seen other model numbers that look exactly the same to me. But basically, its a plain dial in beige, rose gold case and rose gold hands - usually pictured with a black band as follows:

5296r-010-patek-philippe-calatrava-automatic-rose-gold.jpg

I know its simple, and you kids love your chronographs (just kidding, I'm only 23 myself), but to me this is the perfect watch. Of course, I don't have $20,000 to spend on a watch, but it doesn't get better than this one for me. Do you guys know where I can get a quality replica? I've found several sites (none on your trusted dealer list), but from what I've seen, they're using stock photos which from what I've read suggests I'll be disappointed when I open that box in the mail.

If none exist in the rose gold, I'm also interested in the same watch but in 'white gold' and with a silver dial.

If no such quality replica exists, I'm also interested in the Jaeger LeCoultre Ultra Thin Master 38, in rose gold, as pictured here:

th_jaeger.png

(Eh, that picture came out pretty small, lol)

If that doesn't exist in rose gold...I'd also be okay with it in white gold.

So, what's the deal, am I outta luck? If so, I have other options which aren't replicas, just cheap Seikos and the like, but the two above are really perfect to me, whereas my other options would be just okay.

In any case, thanks for any help or advice - glad I found this forum.

JD

edit: Oh, that Patek Philippe I posted has a brown band - in any case, I prefer the brown band, but I don't care about that, can always buy a band separately.

edit 2: This will be my first watch by the way!

Edited by JD20

Luthier

JD, send the picture to Mary (Watchinternational), and she'll find it for you.

I'm not sure if you'll get 1:1 replica, but this PP does exist.

Josh has tons of it on his site, and if he has it - Mary will find it with no problem, probabloy, even cheaper.

http://www.1-pc8838.com/patek-philippe-cal...-c-111_237.html

Del

Hello and welcome :gday_mate_haveabeer:

Nisv

Hi JD, welcome :gday_mate_haveabeer:

Good luck finding your watch(es) :D

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :)

Luthier has given you sound advice.

JD20

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome.

Thanks Luthier - I'd just about run out of hope.

I'm a little confused as to how Watch International works - do they FIND the replica I'm looking for, or do they MAKE it? If its the latter, I'd hesitate to commission such a project without having some idea of what the result would look like - also, I'm interested in all the watches I mentioned in my original post (basically two watches but in both rose gold and in white gold = four watches), so again, if its the latter option where they make the watches, I wouldn't want that, I'd just want to see how good they look and what the options are and the like.

JD

dingle
Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome.

Thanks Luthier - I'd just about run out of hope.

I'm a little confused as to how Watch International works - do they FIND the replica I'm looking for, or do they MAKE it? If its the latter, I'd hesitate to commission such a project without having some idea of what the result would look like - also, I'm interested in all the watches I mentioned in my original post (basically two watches but in both rose gold and in white gold = four watches), so again, if its the latter option where they make the watches, I wouldn't want that, I'd just want to see how good they look and what the options are and the like.

JD

they "find" it......or what is referred to as "source" the watch.

JD20

Ok, great.

I emailed Mary - I'm very excited to get a reply! Up until two days ago, I was just going to go with a cheap "genuine" watch from Seiko or some other brand that "sort of" matched what I was looking for - then, I googled "replica" and found a whole new world (mostly not a good one, but this website is a little diamond in the rough!)

jameo210369

welcome to the addiction JD20

JD20
Ok, great.

I emailed Mary - I'm very excited to get a reply! Up until two days ago, I was just going to go with a cheap "genuine" watch from Seiko or some other brand that "sort of" matched what I was looking for - then, I googled "replica" and found a whole new world (mostly not a good one, but this website is a little diamond in the rough!)

So it's been almost three weeks since I emailed - no response. When would it be appropriate to send a follow up email? I don't want to seem pushy, don't know how long it usually takes her to respond.

myaz

Welcome,

Well, at least this one must exist for sure.

PP-2010-11-17-01-02_enl1.jpg

I don't know Puretime and would only order from trusted dealer. But if it's close enough, Mary should be able to get it.