Sign in to follow this  
MikeyMouseWatch

Don't always get what you pay for

MikeyMouseWatch

Got the real deal this week, ordered a Citizen from ebay (yeah, I know the risks). Actually it was real, but the damn internals are not working right, so I can't even set the watch proper. Since it's NEW, I still have 5 year warranty and will head on down on a trip this morning to the Citizen HQ and have them look at it and do repairs.

The one thing that ticks me off, is it's not just a NEW watch, but an eco-drive worth half a grand retail, surely I expect better workmanship than this from a company that's been in business for almost a hundred years?

I'll let you guys know how the field-trip goes later when I return.

mulder

I have a number of eco drives. All work perfectly. Very strange.

Let us know how you go.

Matlow
The one thing that ticks me off

Gotta laugh at that quote when its about a watch :lol:

David543
The one thing that ticks me off

Gotta laugh at that quote when its about a watch :lol:

+1 ;)

Cynikal.Mindset

gotta love grey market goods

offshore
gotta love grey market goods

Yep, you can just about bet that its been sitting on the shelf so long, the accumulator, (rechargeable battery) has died, or is on its way out.

Its a fairly quick fix...you may not get a good reception from Citizen if it is a grey maket BTW...maybe better to let the local guy at least test the accumulator, before bouncing up to Citizens doorstep.

O/S

vonGluberschmidt

.... for your sake, I hope that citizen honors the warranty on ebay items.

I know that for some bicycle parts, if you buy from ebay - you get it cheaper, but no warranty.

apparently many companies have 'grey market' clauses in their warranty programs now.....

Scavolas

I think mfg warranty is the inherent property of the item something that could be clearly de-linked from the original buyer and transferred to a new owner. Original sales documents almost always required as a proof of warranty period still in effect, but not for the ID of the original buyer.

KBH

You think that's why it was so cheap? Probably the original owner didn't want to deal with it.

jameo210369

I hope you get it sorted, if not, I hope you paid for the watch with PAYPAL? if yes, you can reclaim the money off the seller or PAYPAL

WOW, that was a good advertisement for PAYPAL.

MikeyMouseWatch

Alright, I am back from a long drive to the main head-office of Citizen. Quite an interesting place, I went to the customer resources area and they had all these security things and reinforced locked doors, then I had to talk to some woman behind some bullet-proof glass (no joke).

I also had to slowly take my watch out of the package so they could see it wasn't a BOMB, and pass it under the glass for her to look at. After some explanation, etc, I was told that the watch was working, but the model is very similar to another model, so the same manual was used for each watch. However... both watches don't work the exact same, and this is why the discreptancy and why I couldn't get things to work as the manual had described.

Geeze...

Anyhow, I got her to set the Time for me before I left (just to make sure that everything was on the up & up), and she couldn't remember how to set the watch on the version I had, so had to ask someone else. Well again, jeeze... If this woman works at Citizen, and is at their head-office, and she is supposed to deal with customers bringing stuff for examination, you would THINK she should know all this! And if even SHE doesn't know, then how are the rest of us idiots suppose to figure this out, even with an in-correct manual, lol.

Anyhow, I guess at least I don't have to worry about it being faulty, but I'm still not 100% pleased with Citizen here...

jameo210369

Neither would I be, If I was you I'd go back in tomorrow with and play silly buggers with them. Pretend your deaf and keep repeating everything that they say to you after 30 mins they will get the point.

David543

Bullit proof glass and making sure it'snott a bomb???? Maybe it's a front for a spy network under cover of a watch maker???? Likely terrorist target obviously :Whistle:

Edited by David543

JohnG

Well, you got the watch for real cheap, looks like it works properly, you should be grateful, no?

jrodshibuya

I'm confused as why you're still dissatisfied with Citizen - they set your grey-market watch for you and now it's working 100% well right? Is it because their receptionist's horology skills were not good?

JohnG
I'm confused as why you're still dissatisfied with Citizen - they set your grey-market watch for you and now it's working 100% well right? Is it because their receptionist's horology skills were not good?

I think it is because he looked a little twitchy and they wouldn't let him past the bullet proof glass area. Now he is pissed.