Sign in to follow this  
Ska

Ska's Custom Watch Project.

Ska

Ok Guys,

For a while I've been toying with the idea of making a completely custom watch from scratch. Through my business I have access to some pretty high level tools which would make the process straightforward if not cheap.

I design products for a living anyway, and own a number of engineering patents so getting a movement in the thing isn't going to be a problem.

Let me know what you think so far.

GhostPilotWingman6.jpg

GhostPilotWingman5.jpg

GhostPilotWingman4.jpg

GhostPilotWingman3.jpg

GhostPilotWingman1.jpg

GhostPilotWingmanRender1.jpg

More full quality renders coming soon

gB.

Nice.... :Whistle:

seclark007
:Whistle: investment opportunity? I'd be in on that for a crack at the finished product...

Ska
:Whistle: investment opportunity? I'd be in on that for a crack at the finished product...

Its early days yet mate, but depending on how it goes, I'll keep it in mind :DeadHorse:

wat44

can you incorporate a propeller?

Ska
can you incorporate a propeller?

For you Wat.........anything :lol:

Cynikal.Mindset

vintage B&R styling cues?

mspangl

ALL YOUR GHOST WATCHES BELONG TO ME CHRIS ! :lol:

Ska

B&R Vintage, IWC, Jaeger Lecoultre and Omega would be the main design influences.

MikeMcNair

put actual NUMBERS on the dial (super lumed or tritium of course) and i wil buy 2. (MUST HAVE A BLUE FACE OPTION)

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

MikeMcNair

btw, the dude from Lum-Tec did this, and has been successful, as has been the dude from panatime with the "deep blue" watches. you can do this!!!

wat44

I think it needs something to make it a bit more unique

needs new hands (not copies of others eg B&R)

wok rehault

how about reticulated lugs - that would be cool

Ska

Good suggestions all. But given that for now at least this will be a one off just for me (I'll make more if it goes well) I'm going to shit all over them. :lol:

1. The hands are classic spitfire altimeter hands. - yeah B&R nicked them first but hey - fuck 'em!! (I'll probably change them a bit tbh) - and the seconds hand is unique so I might expand on that.

2. Wok rehaut - yeah I'll try this out. Could look nice if it gives the dial some false depth.

3. The lugs are actually part of the case-back. I'll be expanding on this design later. But it's something I'm hoping most of you won't have seen before.

4. The dial numerals and indices are already intended to be lumed. but I fucking hate busy dials so no more numbers I'm afraid.

5. Sorry mike it'll be a cold day in hell before a blue dial goes in a proper pilot's watch. :thumbsup:

wat44

I see that the lugs are parts of the case - but you have to agree (even if you dont do it) that reticulated lugs would be cool!!!

wat44

and Ive also had a STELLAR idea for a proper pilots watch regarding the crown - which is, afterall, the defining thing to a watch...

Ska

You're right mate they would be awesome and actually I reckon it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to make them work.

The tough bit would be finding a way to install an axle they can pivot on from inside the case but I'll have a look into it definitely.

Go on then - what's your crown idea? - (if it's a propellor I'll be very disappointed!! :D )

KinCaidk

This project will be worth following!!

Nice start, Mate!

KeNnY

make a full GLOW dial !!!!! AWESOME SKA ! :D AMAZING you are mate !

Del

Looks very cool :D

greg_r

will be watching this project with interest...

The big question is....

When do you find time to sleep? :D

solkryssare

Awesome! Fantastic work mate...............I'm working on one as well :rofl:

A few things I think could make it better:

I dont like the "GHOST" on the dial. Makes it look a tad cheaper than it needs to be. Just use the logo on the dial and keep the case back as is, with name and all.

I think it could be at bit thicker. More butch :D

Im not sure the bezel is quite there yet. Could do with a bit more strength and character imo.

But I realize its a work in progress and Im sure it will be 100% when it leaves your drawing board. I might pm you regarding machining at some point if tha'ts ok.

Ska

Cheers for the tips bro!!!

Pretty much hell yeah to all of it :D (and the Ghost logo is already gone from dial v2 btw - good call!!!)

Machining wise, totally mate if it turns out my guys can make cases it's going to be open season so I'd love to help in any way I can! :rofl:

solkryssare

Thanks mate :D Cant wait to see the next stage.

Ska

You're definitely right about the bezel - it's good from the top elevation but weak when viewed isometrically. What do you think about removing the curve and putting in a sharper edge but keeping the external dimensions?

solkryssare

I think that could be worth a shot. And perhaps lifting the inner diameter a bit in contrast to the outer?