Sign in to follow this  
Bosox

Well, here I am

Bosox

I'm Bosox and I just stumbled on this site. It's fascinating but I know I'll be spending too much time lurking here to suit my wife. I have purchased about 10 replicas from a dealer whom I really like and trust. Unfortunately, he doesn't carry Ulysse Nardin. I bought a real one in the Carib in February and when I returned to the same shop last week, I saw another, far more expensive one that I really like. Is this the place to inquire as to a reliable source? I'm brand new here and don't know the ins and outs yet. Thanks, Bosox

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse and be sure to check out the 'newbie' link in my signature :)

Balad1

Welcome Bosox.

jameo210369

Hi Bosox, welcome to the forum, who was the dealer you bought your watches from?

Nisv

Hi Bosox, welcome.

Check out the trusted dealers on board, if it's repped - you'll get it ;)

solkryssare
Hi Bosox, welcome.

Check out the trusted dealers on board, if it's repped - you'll get it :)

...and if its not, some one on here can help you build it ;)

Legger

Welcome

Fiddo

Hello Bosox!

B)

Welcome!

Member X

Welcome B)

Get some pics up of your collection!!

Bosox

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome. This afternoon I spent just a few minutes looking at the replicas of a few high end watches being offerered on the trusted dealer sites. Some of the prices were amazingly low, I mean in the $120-140 range. with free shipping to boot I realize that a high price does not guarantee high quality, but I have to wonder if I'd be happy with a replica Patek Philippe costing only $130 or would it cry out "fake" even when it's on my wrist? Believe me, I don't want to pay one penny more than I need to, but I would rather pay more and get a decent product. Your experiences, please.

stolikat

You get what you pay for. That said some of the cheaper reps can be very nice on the outside but there will be obvious tells to someone in the know.

Bosox
You get what you pay for. That said some of the cheaper reps can be very nice on the outside but there will be obvious tells to someone in the know.

Thanks for confirming what I already knew. I have a Rolex Cellini, paid something like $120 for it a while back. I don't wear it often, but when I do, it keeps good time, but a 10 year old would have no trouble seeing it was a glaring fake. I wear it when I mow the lawn.

greg_r

Welcome to RWG!

You'd be surprised just how good some budget reps can be, but they do vary enormously. $99 can buy something really very convincing - it can also buy something that looks like it came out of a cereal packet :)

Ultimately it depends. Anyhow, you'll get the idea - spend some time having a good read of the site and looking at some of the member reviews. Shout if you need any help! :rideemcowboy:

Del

Hello and welcome :rofl:

Matlow

Hi + Welcome, This place is soooo addictive... I have to charge my iPhone twice daily!

JD20
...and if its not, some one on here can help you build it :lol:

Is this being serious or no? Cause if so...heh. Possible new hobby.

Brandon Yeong

Welcome!