BadPickle

Yorkshire spring GTG 2018

Davesjourney
13 hours ago, Time bandit said:

Splendid pilgrims !,! 

If there's any raping and  pillaging going on I'll have to squeeze it in before 9, car keys chucking in , ive heard its rife up tut north ,

I promised to take my daughters n missus to explore sunny Halifax on Sunday,  Hope there's good things to do ,nothing like whippits n pigeons , flat cap n wellies 

'Fraid Halifax is never sunny!

'Attraction's include - The Piece Hall, Industrial Museum, Eureka Kids Museum, erm.....

Dusk

I can say this - i'm a Yorkshireman :p

1489682469284_zpsxxfpnw7i.jpg

Chiquita Fanjita
17 hours ago, yllekp said:

I can tell you it is shite lol. I wont be drinking it. But I don't drink anyway so that is not a problem. 

An Irishman that doesn't drink Guinness :ohmy:

@Time bandit I hope you are bringing your rhodium Yacht-Master with you ;) 

Time bandit
3 hours ago, Davesjourney said:

'Fraid Halifax is never sunny!

'Attraction's include - The Piece Hall, Industrial Museum, Eureka Kids Museum, erm.....

Wow is that it ,

we'res Fred Wests house ? Worth  a look, or Peter sucliff he must have lived local  ?  He did is proud in the Olympics come 3rd I think ,   with the hammer 

splke
3 minutes ago, Time bandit said:

Wow is that it ,

we'res Fred Wests house ? Worth  a look, or Peter sucliff he must have lived local  ?  He did is proud in the Olympics come 3rd I think ,   with the hammer 

steady pal, bit close to home that :(

Dusk
3 minutes ago, Time bandit said:

He did is proud in the Olympics come 3rd I think ,   with the hammer 

Savage Sir! He lived a few miles north. Harold shipman was also a local. :bugeyes:

Time bandit
1 hour ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

Yes I can bring yatchys  I've all 3 versions ,not showing off but  I love the dials in sunlight  , grey is super,   blue seems more nautical  , splendid ,  rollsuim more office , I'm thinking I need a watch case from the bay  , I must post a pic of collection  , and Ive  just realise your Aston,   

you,  godfather and DC inspired me when I first joined as to see pateks and AP reps for the first time ,  James lebron if I can remember,  

Nice one pal

Time bandit
8 minutes ago, splke said:

steady pal, bit close to home that :(

I'm a Yorkshire man ,  well adopted,  no offense,  I didn't know about  Harold Shipman , Eureka on sunday it is then 

Chiquita Fanjita
50 minutes ago, Time bandit said:

Yes I can bring yatchys  I've all 3 versions ,not showing off but  I love the dials in sunlight  , grey is super,   blue seems more nautical  , splendid ,  rollsuim more office , I'm thinking I need a watch case from the bay  , I must post a pic of collection  , and Ive  just realise your Aston,   

you,  godfather and DC inspired me when I first joined as to see pateks and AP reps for the first time ,  James lebron if I can remember,  

Nice one pal

Show off :lol: I've tried on the blue dial Yachie, but it is the grey/rhodium with turquoise front that I really fancy seeing as its on my wanted list.

Yeah I used to be Aston :D  A lot of my AP's are now gone, including the LeBron, with only 4 left and 2 Pateks.  They seem to have been replaced by a lot of Rolex  models lately.

BadPickle
2 hours ago, Dusk said:

Savage Sir! He lived a few miles north. Harold shipman was also a local. :bugeyes:

Ermmm no he bloody wasn’t, 

Dusk
1 minute ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Ermmm no he bloody wasn’t, 

Well pontefract/ Wakefield. Not a million miles away :p

BadPickle

He was from Hyde wasn’t he? 

7 minutes ago, Dusk said:

Well pontefract/ Wakefield. Not a million miles away :p

Ah, wiki says he was from Nottingham, and did most of his dastardly deeds in Hyde, only Died in Wakey, so definitely NOT one of ours 

Dusk
2 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

He was from Hyde wasn’t he? 

Oh I dunno but my grandmother worked with him in Yest Yorkshire when he qualified and he was a strange one back then.

yllekp
15 hours ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

I kind of only sample it now, I prefer watered down ethanol (Gin) and whiskey .  My personal conspiracy theory is they added chemicals to it to make production cheaper as I now get hangovers from it and I actually get drunk from the stuff.  This used not to happen. I think the reality is I am just getting older and have lost ,my tolerance for alcohol :(. 

Never mind going back from APs to Rolex, I think I am going back to my roots and find myself going all Omega recently. Even thinking of selling a pile of reps to get some gen Omegas.  

Still have not even looked at what I am bringing over to the UK. I think I will only take a 8 watch travel case with me, I might only bring a 2 watch case to be on the safe side. If I take one of the full boxes I might have some explaining to do in Airport security.  I can just see that convo now.

"why so many watches?"

"because I am going to meet up with with some watch nutjobs in Halifax"

"really?"

"well if I told you I was there for the sheep you might lock me up, I thought is was a good cover" 

PS I have been told Yorkshire sheep are prettier than Wicklow sheep, so if I go out for a stroll and do not come back for a while please do not call the cops. 

Time bandit

Try n smuggle your AP tourby over ,  and anyone with a vc overseas old one or new version , liking the blue chrono one , think it's only 1mm thicker, and ive hairy arms to camouflage that  , 

yllekp
13 hours ago, Time bandit said:

Try n smuggle your AP tourby over ,  and anyone with a vc overseas old one or new version , liking the blue chrono one , think it's only 1mm thicker, and ive hairy arms to camouflage that  , 

I was thinking of bringing the Tourb. The problem is APs with metal bracelets do not go too well into watch travel cases, they just do not flex enough to lie flat. 

Genius
48 minutes ago, yllekp said:

I was thinking of bringing the Tourb. The problem is APs with metal bracelets do not go too well into watch travel cases, they just do not flex enough to lie flat. 

Crazy idea.............................

Wear it  :p 

Time bandit

Yes put it on your wrist   either one , I've the 15400 v2 and I'd be inclined to source a leather strap , 

I brought a aluminium watch case today from eBay and I'm guessing like Arnie  in only fools and horses a chain to my wrist for when I need a Piss , or do we watch each others watches for Piss breaks ? 

Lol

n18lld
On 25/01/2018 at 01:48, yllekp said:

My personal conspiracy theory is they added chemicals to it to make production cheaper as I now get hangovers from it and I actually get drunk from the stuff.  This used not to happen. I think the reality is I am just getting older and have lost ,my tolerance for alcohol :(. 

I tend to agree with the above regarding chemicals mate. A few years ago now and almost overnight a session on the dark stuff became unbearable the next day. Headache like never before!

BadPickle
4 minutes ago, n18lld said:

I tend to agree with the above regarding chemicals mate. A few years ago now and almost overnight a session on the dark stuff became unbearable the next day. Headache like never before!

:rofl:  Chemicals??? 

its your age, silly old buzzard :rofl: 

MetalMickey
21 minutes ago, Time bandit said:

Yes put it on your wrist   either one , I've the 15400 v2 and I'd be inclined to source a leather strap , 

I brought a aluminium watch case today from eBay and I'm guessing like Arnie  in only fools and horses a chain to my wrist for when I need a Piss , or do we watch each others watches for Piss breaks ? 

Lol

Keep your eye on them or @pickledbeetroot will borrow them and never give them back!

BadPickle
12 minutes ago, metalmickey said:

Keep your eye on them or @pickledbeetroot will borrow them and never give them back!

^^^^ this all evening 

yllekp

Don't worry @Time bandit someone will mind them for you.

Image result for ape with a watch gifImage result for ape with a watch gif

Time bandit
4 hours ago, yllekp said:

Don't worry @Time bandit someone will mind them for you.

Image result for ape with a watch gifImage result for ape with a watch gif

Got man flu can't sleep and that's cheered me up thanks P

black263
7 hours ago, Time bandit said:

Got man flu can't sleep and that's cheered me up thanks P

https://www.aldi.co.uk/man-flu-hot-or-shot/p/082685196454100?gclid=CjwKCAiA47DTBRAUEiwA4luU2XB_4Z3-VvtXun6AzHlqMDqR72l1NO-zlLrqRJDV2rsDEjeS2dkQnBoC9_AQAvD_BwE  Also available in Sainsbury's but 30% more expensive.