greg_r

Breguet Tradition 7057

greg_r

I've slowed down with buying watches recently as, frankly, I have just about everything I want. I made an exception for this, though, and I think I have a new favourite watch.

This arrived last Friday and I've been wearing it ever since. It's a rep of the Breguet Tradition 7057 (the gen costs around $20k). It's available in several different finishes, but this SS version is newly released and it's pretty spectacular, looking very close indeed to gen. The movement is apparently a customised Sea-Gull hand-wind movement with working PR complication.  PR is somewhere around a couple of days. 

Other than the sheer look of the thing, what sets this apart from a lot of other reps is the feeling of quality. It's lightweight, but feels like an expensive watch when handling or winding it. It's hard to quantify, but it's got that undefinable 'gen' feel to it.

The only real fly in the ointment is the usual crap rep strap, which lets things down badly and will land in the bin as soon as I can get hold of something to replace it.

I can see this getting a great deal of wear - it's by far my favourite dress watch ever.

A couple of quick pics for now. Will take some more when I've got a bit more light in here (bloody dismal day today).

IMG_0890.JPG

IMG_0891.JPG

Griffo

Stunning! How big is it?

greg_r

It's 40mm and quite thin at 12mm. Would be very comfortable if the strap wasn't made from the hide of the cardboard cow ;)

McGilli

Love it. I could never buy that - since then I'd never wear any of my other watches! Does it have the PR on the back of it like the gen?

narikaa

Damned civilised watch

Doubtless, someone will be along to tell you you could have got a spiffing Seiko for that money

NCRich

You could have got a spiffing Seiko for that money.

Very nice watch.

greg_r
29 minutes ago, McGilli said:

Love it. I could never buy that - since then I'd never wear any of my other watches! Does it have the PR on the back of it like the gen?

No, the PR on 7057 is on the front @ about 11 right next to the main dial (as per gen).

myaz

I saw the posts when this 1st came out and waited. But if greg_r gets one....he knows a good one when it comes up.

My anal problem is that all the slots of my watchboxes are taken. Guess I'll just have to ditch one.

BTW, it's the 5907 that has the PR in the back

McGilli
59 minutes ago, greg_r said:

No, the PR on 7057 is on the front @ about 11 right next to the main dial (as per gen).

Oh - I was looking a this video and it shows (and says in description) one on the front and back so that's what I was thinking.

narikaa

Methinks this:

bregback.JPG?raw=1

myaz

Thanks for the correction. I had read that somewhere a couple years ago but then forgotten all about it. It's that creeping senility thing.

Mr_B

That rose gold one looks delightful 

deju

More pictures!!! 

Remember seeinh this bad boy on watchbus, it’s an exciting rep! 

Glaude

Annnnnnnnd another one on the WTB list... thank you devil members of this forum ! 

Absolute fan of Breguet, this one is no exception ! Congrats on your purchase Greg and enjoy it, we sure do !

MAJ75

Nice to see that a piece has brought the enthusiasm to purchase back Greg, it looks great & it is certainly good to see one of these in the wild...........

It will look even nicer when accompanied by a quality new strap, enjoy it Sir.................

onzenuub
6 hours ago, greg_r said:

I've slowed down with buying watches recently as, frankly, I have just about everything I want.

How many times you said this over the last 7 years?  :rofl:

GenTLe

I'm keeping an eye on it too. I love the partially skeletonized appearance of it and it looks BEAUTIFUL and for sure it is a watch that can start conversations.

Well done Greg!

4 hours ago, greg_r said:

It should have it on the back too:

Tradition 7057BB/11/9W6 SS Real PR SF 1:1 Best Edition Silver Skeleton Dial on Blue Leather Strap A507

greg_r
13 hours ago, GenTLe said:

It should have it on the back too:

LOL! so it does! i hadn't even noticed, tbh, but it's there :)

narikaa

noob

TheSav

Gotta say, thats bloody nice. Love the 2 x power reserve too! 

greg_r
1 minute ago, narikaa said:

noob

magoo.jpg

narikaa

:giggle:

Majwilliams0308

Looks like the black is back in stock.  I've placed an order with Tim and he said the factory says it's in stock.  I'll let you guys know once I get QC pics in.  Very excited for this.

MartNL

Hi Greg,

I ordered the exact same one. You still like it?

S.Corbeil

Stunning watch! I wonder how reliable the movement will prove to be, since servicing this movement could end up, I’m sure, quite complicated, if not impossible! 

Wil check this subforum regularly for more pictures!

Edited by S.Corbeil