trailboss99

PLEASE READ

trailboss99

Sigh, I'm now working thru the forum tree. Sorry guys but this is taking far longer than anyone expected, every time I finish updating a section it takes 10 minutes or so to load it IF it doesn't timeout. I have a heap to work my way thru before I start on the forum permissions but by that time we should be on the actual servers so things will speed up immeasurably. Before anyone asks no there is not a great deal anyone can do to assist unless you happen to know vB5 or SASS backwards.

Breesy7
Sigh, I'm now working thru the forum tree. Sorry guys but this is taking far longer than anyone expected, every time I finish updating a section it takes 10 minutes or so to load it IF it doesn't timeout. I have a heap to work my way thru before I start on the forum permissions but by that time we should be on the actual servers so things will speed up immeasurably. Before anyone asks no there is not a great deal anyone can do to assist unless you happen to know vB5 or SASS backwards.

5Bv and sdrawkcab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoffeeandCard

I know sass back to front

CoffeeandCard
6 hours ago, DR3M3L said:

1a.)  Do you need any help?
So far we're on schedule as for the server environment. We do however search for someone who's able to write SASS code to speed up front-end development.

I did message you back a few times dude, If you need some help I can probably style the whole site from scratch in a few hours

GingerApple
22 minutes ago, CoffeeandCard said:

I know sass back to front

Me too; ssas

Buh-dum, chaaaaa!!!!!

michel7752

!!!YNNUF

Hyjynx

I went to high school with a girl by the name of Kathy Sass (I kid you not!). It’s hard not to be popular when everyone talks about “Kathy’s Ass”. Knew her backwards too.

GingerApple
28 minutes ago, Hyjynx said:

I went to high school with a girl by the name of Kathy Sass (I kid you not!). It’s hard not to be popular when everyone talks about “Kathy’s Ass”. Knew her backwards too. emoji12.png

Pics or it didn't happen

BadPickle
1 hour ago, GingerBubba said:

Pics or it didn't happen

^^ this 

profsteve

I am lucky I know English

GingerApple
50 minutes ago, Hyjynx said:

Pics from almost 30 years ago???emoji1.png Actually found her on this list (won’t say which for privacy reasons) https://www.whitepages.com/name/Kathy-Sass.

I've found her!!!!

2ezp69z.jpg

Howitzer
On 27/01/2018 at 21:42, GingerBubba said:

I've found her!!!!

2ezp69z.jpg

Pretty sure that's Fergie....

epalanb

How's it coming boss?

We all feel your pain and appreciate the effort  are putting into this...

jmb
On 1/29/2018 at 04:21, Howitzer23 said:

Pretty sure that's Fergie....

Well, whoever she is she sure LOOKS sassy! ;)

trailboss99

Latest:  AWS sent us a bill for USD1200 for well under a month of server time and that's without any users on line so the data charge was $2 something. That's a joke; we have negotiated a deal with a very reputable host (they host EU gov websites) for a better setup for less and those instances are currently being built.  I'm currently rebuilding the over 400 separate sections and the guys are nearly completed writing a new theme. With any luck all of the above will be transferred to the serves in the next couple of days. Sorry guys, this has been a nightmare.

kavlares

any luck finding the thug who put us all through this?

TimePeace
5 hours ago, jorgekavlares said:

any luck finding the thug who put us all through this?

We all know who he is. It’s snot a secret. 

GingerApple
16 minutes ago, TimePeace said:

We all know who he is. It’s snot a secret. 

We do? Prey tell...? Thread link?

TimePeace
We do? Prey tell...? Thread link?

His username is something like: soiled underwear ????

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

GingerApple
1 minute ago, TimePeace said:

His username is something like: soiled underwear 

Lol. I meant the person behind RWISkid. I thought you knew who the real person was, not their username.

TimePeace
Lol. I meant the person behind RWISkid. I thought you knew who the real person was, not their username.

Anon knows...

paccbet
9 hours ago, trailboss99 said:

Latest:  AWS sent us a bill for USD1200 for well under a month of server time and that's without any users on line so the data charge was $2 something. That's a joke; we have negotiated a deal with a very reputable host (they host EU gov websites) for a better setup for less and those instances are currently being built.  I'm currently rebuilding the over 400 separate sections and the guys are nearly completed writing a new theme. With any luck all of the above will be transferred to the serves in the next couple of days. Sorry guys, this has been a nightmare.

Don't fret it boss.

Also I wish people would understand and stop pestering you about when it's gonna be up . 

CoffeeandCard

There might not have been any traffic to the site but they'll still be charging you for both storage and what seems like heavy computes if you've been running batch processes that take 48+hrs. Hopefully, this won't happen again, but someone should be doing a postmortem after this is sorted, to ensure the downtime isn't as crazy if it ever were to happen. I'd suggest setting up a cron job to  do daily/weekly backups of the DB and possibly look at dockerizing (or a similar container package) the site, so that new instances can be booted up off the repo in minutes :thumbsup2:

Genius
32 minutes ago, CoffeeandCard said:

There might not have been any traffic to the site but they'll still be charging you for both storage and what seems like heavy computes if you've been running batch processes that take 48+hrs. Hopefully, this won't happen again, but someone should be doing a postmortem after this is sorted, to ensure the downtime isn't as crazy if it ever were to happen. I'd suggest setting up a cron job to  do daily/weekly backups of the DB and possibly look at dockerizing (or a similar container package) the site, so that new instances can be booted up off the repo in minutes :thumbsup2:

Guessing a big part of the problem was the inherent vulnerability of the xenforo software hence the need to migrate back to something more secure.