Omagad

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

RUSH2112

This whole thread is gibberish.

whaiyun

Has anyone reviewed IWC Mark XVIII reps? MK? V6F?

mysterio
On 1/7/2018 at 10:59, RUSH2112 said:

You should see the original thread, it is much more unwieldy. It's supposed to be a list and then you put a recommendation to add to that list with a link to the thread that discusses/reviews it to be worthy of inclusion. Unfortunately it became peppered with  watch discussions on the thread itself (imagine discussion on 3-5 different watches concurrently running on one thread) or questions that would have been better served on the respective brand section.

RUSH2112
3 minutes ago, mysterio said:

You should see the original thread, it is much more unwieldy. It's supposed to be a list and then you put a recommendation to add to that list with a link to the thread that discusses/reviews it to be worthy of inclusion. Unfortunately it became peppered with  watch discussions on the thread itself (imagine discussion on 3-5 different watches concurrently running on one thread) or questions that would have been better served on the respective brand section.

This type of thing is just impossible with reps.  Too many versions and factories.  Best thing to do is post reviews when you buy them and people can read as needed

MetalMickey

The trouble with these super reps.is they are only available for a short time then they disappear. The time to buy is just after they come out. For example now TC has given up the fact his 16610 is the best is irrelevant as you can't get one!

mysterio
17 minutes ago, RUSH2112 said:

This type of thing is just impossible with reps.  Too many versions and factories.  Best thing to do is post reviews when you buy them and people can read as needed

Indeed. But it's really for those who can't be bothered to read (or lack the level of comprehension needed). Updating the list is certainly a chore, but as the OP happily takes it upon himself to do it, I'm sure there are those who appreciate the effort. I'm not even half finished with the PAM Reference Guide update, and that's only PAMs (granted there are short reviews in it for each model/factory with links to much more detail if you're into that sort of stuff) . :lol:

8 minutes ago, metalmickey said:

The trouble with these super reps.is they are only available for a short time then they disappear. The time to buy is just after they come out. For example now TC has given up the fact his 16610 is the best is irrelevant as you can't get one!

Well, it's not meant to be a stock inventory type of thread (God forbid if anyone should expect that). At least when a TC comes up for sale and the noobie that happens to read the ad has no idea how good that is can look at the list and find out it is a super rep  (and probably should buy). Also not every super rep is in there. For example the Paul Picot Le Plongeur or the various Graham Oversize watches or the Ferrari PAMs aren't in that list.

Edited by mysterio

amptor

OMF Seamaster Planet Ocean 43.5mm with black balance wheel.  Enough said.

Hunklee

Hi you may remove Pam390 from the list as although it's a super rep, it's no longer available for ordering. Nil stocks from all the TDs I asked.

mysterio
43 minutes ago, Hunklee said:

Hi you may remove Pam390 from the list as although it's a super rep, it's no longer available for ordering. Nil stocks from all the TDs I asked.

Like I said, it's not a stock inventory list. The fact that it's no longer available at the TDs doesn't mean it's no longer a super rep. Availability isn't a factor in classification.

Hunklee

For learning purposes, why do we keep a model in the list despite its unavailability? Unless this works as a historical archive, I believe availability is a practical consideration.

ShovelnTC
7 minutes ago, Hunklee said:

For learning purposes, why do we keep a model in the list despite its unavailability? Unless this works as a historical archive, I believe availability is a practical consideration.

Well it may become available on M2M so it's still relevant to be informed about it.

mysterio
14 hours ago, Hunklee said:

If you seriously believe it is a consideration, you can certainly create your own list factoring in availability.  Easy enough to do eh?

Hunklee

3 hours ago, mysterio said:

If you seriously believe it is a consideration, you can certainly create your own list factoring in availability.  Easy enough to do eh?

Do you really think it's helpful to have different lists for NWBIGs instead of combining useful information on a single comprehensive listing? Information is already scattered as it is. Don't add to that please.

PlanetZoom

No list will make everyone happy.

r0b9502
On 1/6/2018 at 18:59, RUSH2112 said:

Completely disagree. In fact on the original RWI forum, this is one thread I am interested to check frequently

On 1/22/2018 at 13:56, RUSH2112 said:

Best thing to do is post reviews when you buy them and people can read as needed

Yea, if you have the time to do so.

On 1/22/2018 at 14:08, mysterio said:

Indeed. But it's really for those who can't be bothered to read (or lack the level of comprehension needed).

Well said Mysterio. Not everyone of the 200k (?) subscribers read every word posted on forum.

mysterio
4 hours ago, Hunklee said:

Do you really think it's helpful to have different lists for NWBIGs instead of combining useful information on a single comprehensive listing? Information is already scattered as it is. Don't add to that please.

You misunderstood. I'm not adding to that. YOU are. But I'm sure @Omagad would happily stop his thread if you were to create the new and improved thread with availability factored in, updating whenever a model pops out of stock and pops back in, real time (well okay we give you 24 hours because you have to sleep). But of course still staying true to the intent of the thread which is to add models which are judged as NWBIG after reading all of the comment/reviews (you can't just add one because a member chimed "The XXXX should be included because I think it is the best.") And do all of this on your own time, without any compensation except for the adulation of the teeming masses who will gratefully take the information and stop to thank you for posting it (NOT).

So henceforth, there would only be one thread, yours. No other thread would be allowed to survive as your NWBIG thread would simply be the Supreme Thread of Everything That is Holy AND Available, Real Time. So when do you release the thread? Tomorrow? Because the thread is already there, you just have to factor in availability, right? Simple enough? No? Because you're too busy?  Or you're one of those types? :rolleyes: 

Edited by mysterio

Hunklee
1 hour ago, mysterio said:

You misunderstood. I'm not adding to that. YOU are. But I'm sure @Omagad would happily stop his thread if you were to create the new and improved thread with availability factored in, updating whenever a model pops out of stock and pops back in, real time (well okay we give you 24 hours because you have to sleep). But of course still staying true to the intent of the thread which is to add models which are judged as NWBIG after reading all of the comment/reviews (you can't just add one because a member chimed "The XXXX should be included because I think it is the best.") And do all of this on your own time, without any compensation except for the adulation of the teeming masses who will gratefully take the information and stop to thank you for posting it (NOT).

So henceforth, there would only be one thread, yours. No other thread would be allowed to survive as your NWBIG thread would simply be the Supreme Thread of Everything That is Holy AND Available, Real Time. So when do you release the thread? Tomorrow? Because the thread is already there, you just have to factor in availability, right? Simple enough? No? Because you're too busy?  Or you're one of those types? :rolleyes: 

While people here are trying to add value to create a better community for all, there are people who misconstrued and destruct kind intentions and demeaning them at the same time.

You do not only need 1 person to maintain such a list. Anyone with the relevant information can add to it. It works like Wikipedia. Get it? :rolleyes:

zodl
You misunderstood. I'm not adding to that. YOU are. But I'm sure [mention=91722]Omagad[/mention] would happily stop his thread if you were to create the new and improved thread with availability factored in, updating whenever a model pops out of stock and pops back in, real time (well okay we give you 24 hours because you have to sleep). But of course still staying true to the intent of the thread which is to add models which are judged as NWBIG after reading all of the comment/reviews (you can't just add one because a member chimed "The XXXX should be included because I think it is the best.") And do all of this on your own time, without any compensation except for the adulation of the teeming masses who will gratefully take the information and stop to thank you for posting it (NOT).

I am very happy to hear that your PAM Guide update is at least half finished :)
And I think it’s ok that in such lists are Reps mentioned which are not produced at the moment, because they can be produced later in a new batch or I can get it M2M.

mysterio
5 minutes ago, Hunklee said:

While people here are trying to add value to create a better community for all, there are people who misconstrued and destruct kind intentions and demeaning them at the same time.

You do not only need 1 person to maintain such a list. Anyone with the relevant information can add to it. It works like Wikipedia. Get it? :rolleyes:

Where exactly did you add value? And still you avoid taking responsibility for your idea. You just want to make suggestions without taking into account how much work goes into such lists.

aitcharGMT
On 30/12/2017 at 09:24, Titleistrolex said:

This could either help people out here or just piss older members off as it will just end up spoon feeding newbs lol

Right, because forum's purpose is to venerate older members, not for noobs (most users, really) to find quick references that can help them  get in the hobby.  Good forbid they're spoonfed :D (I'm being sarcastic, as I think you are :) )

RUSH2112
7 hours ago, r0b9502 said:

Completely disagree. In fact on the original RWI forum, this is one thread I am interested to check frequently

Yea, if you have the time to do so.

Well said Mysterio. Not everyone of the 200k (?) subscribers read every word posted on forum.

Is it exactly the same as the one on rwi?  Doubtful.  In any case it’s gibberish.

solitudex

Thanks again for the list, OP.

Most of us from both forums appreciate this immensely. As in the larger world, there would always be a couple of toxic individuals who have nothing better to contribute than to disparage the work of others. Such are best left alone to their miserable existence.

Keep up the good work and looking forward to the expansion of the list, as the factories (hopefully) improve on their offerings!

aitcharGMT
2 hours ago, solitudex said:

Thanks again for the list, OP.

Most of us from both forums appreciate this immensely. As in the larger world, there would always be a couple of toxic individuals who have nothing better to contribute than to disparage the work of others. Such are best left alone to their miserable existence.

Keep up the good work and looking forward to the expansion of the list, as the factories (hopefully) improve on their offerings!

:thumbs: exactly! Excellent list, although I may not agree with the NWBIG term per se, this is a great resource.

Edited by aitcharGMT

simonpollard

What gives the Sub no-date Noob V7 away?

watchaap

Was afraid this list was lost when RWI when down, thank you for this !