palaufreak

ARF Rolex Sea dweller Anniversary

Mbwamg

New here, but have been reading a lot about this watch on this forum.

Wondering where you guys got yours?

I found one online at TSwatch International for $480. But I was wondering if one of the trusted dealers on here might be a better choice?

Thanks 

Brian

Edited by Mbwamg
Spelling

stikeforce

@Mbwamg 

most TD will be able source your choice of watch including this Rolex.

But some have updated websites some do not. Best is to contact them first.

Either way, when you do a deal, be patient, they will get the watch you need in time.

hope that helps

Mbwamg

6Xixb.md.jpg

So I got it! Yes it's as gorgeous as everyone says. The pic is crap,  but there are so many nice photos already in this thread it doesn't matter.

I have never owned a rep before, and all my gens are 46mm+, so that is taking some time getting used to. 

While I can't imagine a better quality rep, there are a few MINOR issues I may address. First the bezel was way too loose. It woould't hold the 12 o'clock position during normal wear. This was fixed very easily, for free, with the "dental floss" mod. Not sure if that will be a permanent solution, so it may need modification down the road. Also the lume and the red lettering are not as bright as gen,  so maybe a gen face is in order?

Anybody have suggestions on a where to find find someone that could do these services? Reached out to a few vendors, but haven't heard back:(

Perhaps the best testament to the quality of this watch happened when I was out with a friend last night. He owns three gen Rolexes, including the Deep Sea, and he had no idea it was a rep. He even tried it on and commented about the nice fit and finish..."nothing nicer than a brand new Rolex right out of the box" he said...lol

Thanks for all the help and the great forum. I may be hooked now:)

Brian

Edited by Mbwamg

GingerApple
3 hours ago, Mbwamg said:

First the bezel was way too loose.

I've never heard of anyone ever having that problem with an ARF. Their bezels are normally really solid in my experience. Bad luck.

Mbwamg
16 hours ago, GingerBlubba said:

I've never heard of anyone ever having that problem with an ARF. Their bezels are normally really solid in my experience. Bad luck.

I guess, hard to tell from QC pic:). I think I'll try another TD if there is a next time. 

Wolf359

Fellas, any chance she'll slip under a cuff?

tribal

SD43 Gen Crystalf382ee87acd5a3f3c4ee39fe5e6b9160.jpg

Now updated with Gen Crown, Clicksprings and Hyrtelring.

tribal
Fellas, any chance she'll slip under a cuff?
Shure

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

tamango

new ARF 126600 V3 is out

Silvire
On 17/03/2019 at 16:03, tamango said:

new ARF 126600 V3 is out

Anyone has any thoughts on that?

I read in another forum that the bezel teeth are smoother and slightly more gen-like, and the red "SeaDweller" is slightly more red, but aside from that...

Quadangle26

I just received my ARF 126600, and ive noticed that the crown doesn't screw down all the way, as though it had been already cross threaded or there is dirt in the crown threads, what can I do!?

Sent from my BBF100-1 using Tapatalk

GingerApple
5 minutes ago, Quadangle26 said:

I just received my ARF 126600, and ive noticed that the crown doesn't screw down all the way, as though it had been already cross threaded or there is dirt in the crown threads, what can I do!?

It's not supposed to screw all the way down. There should be a gap. There is on Gen. Photo?

Quadangle26
It's not supposed to screw all the way down. There should be a gap. There is on Gen. Photo?
I am using my arf sub as a reference to this...at least the crown aligns with the crown guards on that watch and on this sea dweller it feels like I get not even 2 turns before it gets stuck... 501d69e467e56bee17bef661e547c8ca.jpgdaac938d7dd31f16ab1d0d8da57059e9.jpgede926439cb83c684219c608f4773223.jpg

GingerApple

If you can feel that the gaskets inside the crown are touching the tube, you should be alright. There are loads of threads on Gen forums such as TRF about this, the Crown isn't supposed to touch the case - metal on metal does fuck all for waterproofing.

Have you had any condensation inside?

Quadangle26

Thanks for the information man, I will do some research I just wasnt sure how to search for it.. It feels quite soild when its screwed down, its a brand new watch ive only had it a few hours ill look out for condensation.. Thanks again for replying 9e369c6a2dc861ddc41f3afd8ce7d0d6.jpg

GingerApple

I seem to recall that ARF tubes weren't always screwed in as far as some people like them to be - so that could well be your 'issue', but as long as it's waterproof, who cares. If it's unsightly to you, you could try and have a watchsmith take a look, see if the tube can be tweaked.*

*PBR Disclaimer - I know very little about watches. Trust me at your peril.

Quadangle26

Haha I trust you ;) Lol I will live with it now until something happens, im not usually picky but I was wondering if it was common or I had a bad one.. That link you shared gives me some faith!

CollieWobbles

^^^^^^^^This........

GingerApple
44 minutes ago, CollieWobbles said:

^^^^^^^^This........

I genuinely try to help though.....

:facepalm: