krubs

Platinum Bezel Insert for Sub Came in!

JLFast

Looks beautiful!  I’m going to get this mod as soon as my DSSD is back from service!  

Mr_B

Does he mod existing bezels or fresh ones, and is the green one available 

biliobli
Welcome to the Spongebob club. Mine says hi:
t4C1e1AEM2U0LrCsLPoyGSb-KVtPZdB6-xTZdyhbN_YmLZ_YEERDk4GSFuhF2ey3QcEsz5oBiVJysqsGNeBsnvVG9EuitFuIHg0CVCkzwrPZMBW0NBfZ5lL_HjbK2go863sZqVlq9_5mguu7dRzexO5ARtt7tEiTSqJzFDxmSCI0lo9Xh59SEy3dLdstYO6EpxpAxmf5CPrrEsFZy35bDgDp-SXyvldnSK6s7WTJ8uReSCS2H2FedYR9SSD0HLEZAxOg4WSPjE_ExgSoQGzi25KUfbELb-q61M2dviFDDJcxIcpnDsDoS7bySbohEVFIVWJT9wtOmZIKq9YSVLo13-nb-yZtgQuIeHzv2rSgxXqgxE4datOmdgbBf8p_0tKB02tJ0PfA57moPR1qpJxbEg90bvWVMeg4aDaLhkqJT3y0P4xKIngH_1aAINEJkf5kiu66DQ6mo9axTk9YmtkThpXTtB7YFCg3Wiw1eM0bV1f6h_-MNPazPaqh6soO8atF2nZdInwRCzDT1yb3drX9mZDrq61MGUUvMHolSaPnpfuwp8h-cFxggJhDnreMbU6-Tra_mdyj4cRhHXB0wxrzHCh2jRe0lfXykF6Cmbw=w1732-h974-no&key=faa93ec5ec55f74ee72ac367d7b198f815711054157edcb91266d90671e9fd4b

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Bellissimo

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

nivka
Does he mod existing bezels or fresh ones, and is the green one available 

You can remove your own insert and send it to him. Sometimes he had new inserts for sale that you purchase from him. The hulk is available as well. @efthimis did kl just that with his hulk franken and it looks awesome

TimePeace
On 24/12/2017 at 00:49, krubs said:

It was $300 friend.

Say what!? 

I thought they go for 200$. Is it because you bought the insert from him instead of sending yours?

Oris
1 hour ago, TimePeace said:

Say what!? 

I thought they go for 200$. Is it because you bought the insert from him instead of sending yours?

Platinum is $195, insert is $80, shipping is $25.

Mr_B
3 hours ago, nivka said:

You can remove your own insert and send it to him. Sometimes he had new inserts for sale that you purchase from him. The hulk is available as well. @efthimis did kl just that with his hulk franken and it looks awesome

Il have to hit him up when next door is open 

krubs
6 hours ago, TimePeace said:

Say what!? 

Yes. I bought the insert from him as well as the mod. I wanted to continue to wear my watch during the order processing time. Good thing too because EMS was ridiculously slow.

5 hours ago, Oris said:

Correct

M1911

Now all these discussions and photos, how can i contact him? Or buy from him? Thanks

TimePeace
On 26/12/2017 at 12:13, Oris said:

On 26/12/2017 at 17:17, krubs said:

Yes. I bought the insert from him as well as the mod. I wanted to continue to wear my watch during the order processing time. Good thing too because EMS was ridiculously slow.

Correct

Thanks guys. It does look awesome compared to the dull noob inserts. 

Almost half of a gen insert is a bit steep, but still a necessary upgrade.

johnlogan

Looks amazing!

Luxuracer
13 minutes ago, johnlogan said:

The new VRF have the updated insert, you might swell buy a new watch than paying $300 for an insert alone. 

https://puretime05.com/submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-vrf-1-1-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-a2836.html#

I am the weird one who stand all the way to the left field by himself when it comes to reps;

- All my rep Rolex has to have a SA3135 or SH3135 (I can not stand the counter-clockwise time setting, it drove me nut)

- I do not care how close my reps compare to gens ... because I am the only one will be looking at it, as long as it looks good to me.

- I will not put and gen parts on my reps ... if there is other cost effective option.

- But I will put a gen Rolex Cal.3135 movement in my beloved rep in a heartbeat if I can get my hand on one at a reasonable price!

Call me the WeirdONE ! 

krubs
28 minutes ago, johnlogan said:

The new VRF have the updated insert, you might as well buy a new watch than paying $300 for an insert alone. 

https://puretime05.com/submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-vrf-1-1-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-a2836.html#

That is not real platinum, nor does it have the correct engraving depth.

1 hour ago, TimePeace said:

Thanks guys. It does look awesome compared to the dull noob inserts. 

Almost half of a gen insert is a bit steep, but still a necessary upgrade.

Gen inserts can go well over $1000 usd. (IF you can even find one) I think $300 is a fair price to pay.

Edited by krubs

Luxuracer
36 minutes ago, krubs said:

Gen inserts can go well over $1000 usd. (IF you can even find one) I think $300 is a fair price to pay.

In my opinion ... sending your Noob insert to Steve and having his Spongebob mod done ... is the BEST mod for your money on the Sub-c.

Ross29

Is there any concern with customs going to and from US for the his mod? I have an ARF SUB on order and I just assumed the engravings were comparable to the SD43, looks like I assumed wrong. 

Cdenim
1 hour ago, Luxuracer said:

I am the weird one who stand all the way to the left field by himself when it comes to reps;

- All my rep Rolex has to have a SA3135 or SH3135 (I can not stand the counter-clockwise time setting, it drove me nut)

- I do not care how close my reps compare to gens ... because I am the only one will be looking at it, as long as it looks good to me.

- I will not put and gen parts on my reps ... if there is other cost effective option.

- But I will put a gen Rolex Cal.3135 movement in my beloved rep in a heartbeat if I can get my hand on one at a reasonable price!

Call me the WeirdONE ! 

Hey man, didn't see you all the way out here in left field. Definitely aren't alone out here my friend. And i couldn't have said that any better myself. More fun way out here anyway.  Oh... and btw, the bay has a 024 serial #'d very early 89ish 3135 up for auction. was high bidder at $1500 but is only up to 1575.... lowest i've seen on the bay. tempting

Cdenim
48 minutes ago, Ross29 said:

Is there any concern with customs going to and from US for the his mod? I have an ARF SUB on order and I just assumed the engravings were comparable to the SD43, looks like I assumed wrong. 

Yeah, the ARF SD43 is in a league all by itself. Its the only rep to date made from factory with the correct...or real damn close.... ceramic bezel insert.  No issues with customs because its a part with no way to tell if gen or real. Steve puts it into a nice metal holder as well. Mine took 12 days from his qc pics to my watch here in Chicago

johnlogan
2 hours ago, krubs said:

Not disputing or dissing the Sponge Mod, I would just rather buy a new watch -and wait until ARF match the Sea dweller. Than flip the old one. 

Luxuracer
15 minutes ago, Cdenim said:

Hey man, didn't see you all the way out here in left field. Definitely aren't alone out here my friend. And i couldn't have said that any better myself. More fun way out here anyway.  Oh... and btw, the bay has a 024 serial #'d very early 89ish 3135 up for auction. was high bidder at $1500 but is only up to 1575.... lowest i've seen on the bay. tempting

giphy.gif

I have my eyes on it since it first listed on Dec 21 ... have not bid on it though ... Kakaka!

My only concern is it's missing the complete date mechanism and the hand pinions.

Cdenim
4 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

giphy.gif

I have my eyes on it since it first listed on Dec 21 ... have not bid on it though ... Kakaka!

My only concern is it's missing the complete date mechanism and the hand pinions.

new you'd be all over it. I was the highest bid since the 21st with this guys 11 damn day auction.  said wouldn't go past $1500 because it is missing a few hundred in parts. Hmmmmm who might just have all those parts already bc they changed them out in there yuki..... just sayin don't let those parts hold you back.  I'm capped at 1500. 

Luxuracer
1 hour ago, Cdenim said:

new you'd be all over it. I was the highest bid since the 21st with this guys 11 damn day auction.  said wouldn't go past $1500 because it is missing a few hundred in parts. Hmmmmm who might just have all those parts already bc they changed them out in there yuki..... just sayin don't let those parts hold you back.  I'm capped at 1500. 

I will pass on this one ... I have $2K budget ready for my Cal.3135

I am not in a hurry ... Will keep searching.

Indiana-Jones-Treasure-Hunter-74502.gif

Cdenim

I as well, Indiana Jones and the quest for the holy 3135 continues...

2 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

I will pass on this one ... I have $2K budget ready for my Cal.3135

I am not in a hurry ... Will keep searching.

Indiana-Jones-Treasure-Hunter-74502.gif

I as well, Indiana Jones and the quest for the 3135 continues.

PlanetZoom
2 hours ago, Cdenim said:

I as well, Indiana Jones and the quest for the holy 3135 continues...

I as well, Indiana Jones and the quest for the 3135 continues.

Or a great 3135 replacement.

Luxuracer
2 minutes ago, repdude said:

Or a great 3135 replacement.

Yuki used to be the King of 3135 clones ... but things changed ... Right now the next best thing is a SH3135 (it's actually a decorated Yuki) then come SA3135 next.