Ilovethiscity

Ok ok I say WOW! It’s the ARF DAYTONA 116500LN (very pic heavy)

Undinist
8 hours ago, ROLEX1010 said:

Sorry what?

The subdials don' t work?

Why even review?

I don' t care how thin it is. Still too thick? Forget it then.

Yay! A chrono watch with a chrono that doesn't work is just a broken watch!

I do like the new 4130 Daytonas, but $600+?? It will have to wait until I'm bored of my gold Sub, which has been my daily beater for months.  The design is just so spot on. And at the AD they couldn't tell the difference! It's the best $300 I've ever spent.  But I have to wear a Timex on my other wrist - got to have the weekday in big letters.  I can never remember what day it is. And the vibrating alarm helps me get out of bed.  

dave47
On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:12, Ilovethiscity said:

Good afternoon to you all around the globe! 

Firstly I’d like to say thank you to RWG for having us in our time of need. I woke up this morning and wanted to try give something back while we're on hiatus!

Every now and then a watch comes along which takes the hobby a whole leap up. I think this ARF Rolex Daytona is one of them. I think people focusing on the non Chrono part of this movement are missing out big time. This watch is barely thicker than the gen and sits perfectly on the wrist. I’d take that over functioning Chronos any day of the week and the big second hand working is the cherry on the cake so you can’t really call it out. 

In all my years in this hobby I had never even given the Daytona a second thought due to the previous versions being obscenely thick clunker compared to Gen which is a super obvious tell. Then along comes the ARF Daytona in 904l steel. Honestly this watch is special looking. I’ve been lucky enough to own 4 gen ceramic rollies in my time and I do think the “shine” that gen owners speak of is very present and near perfect on the ARF. I tend to be obsessed with modding every watch in my collection. This one only needed the bracelet to have a night in baby oil and the rotor silencing. As the old saying goes, it’s “running like a champ!”

A few years back I once tried the original white dial Daytona and felt it wore way too small than my gen hulk. The ceramic bezel  was such a great addition and beefs it up a bit! 

The cost of this watch in gen form is hugely inflated especially here where I live  (they are selling like hot cakes on Blowers etc for £15k which is amazing to me!) honestly I personally feel this thing is so well made I’m getting a ton of the enjoyment before even modding it! 

I would also say fellow members beware on QC pics I think people have gone a bit mad on rejecting these watches for silly reasons that you can’t see on the wrist. There’s even gens on the TRF 116500 thread with slightly misaligned 60 markers on the bezels! Mine was delivered in 3 days flat days before Xmas from Sead’s EU stock because it had been rejected and I’m so happy with it. Even in some of my pictures you will see the bezel markers look a little flat but in real life and on the wrist it’s perfect IMO no paint mods needed here! 

As always I will let the pictures do the talking and see what you, the real professionals, think. 

kNiWPUB.jpg
w7Y2tri.jpg
lKVVMgV.jpg
Lp7RQbN.jpg
SsYvXwC.jpg
oT8GVkX.jpg
BExjCgX.jpg
R6HPQ5I.jpg
CXH8kuz.jpg
qTGGCEO.jpg
gb6c2V6.jpg
sWFN75h.jpg
bkiYuqG.jpg
dVBMQbC.jpg
3cCmgBc.jpg
zB8x6KW.jpg
Spl8FIA.jpg
WbevREa.jpg
uZLKjeX.jpg
zaRUV0Q.jpg
rbDesbq.jpg
La8TmB1.jpg
oM7iLJM.jpg
OZgtVYi.jpg
QrO6T1X.jpg
WFvk3LS.jpg
ektTx80.jpg
umVDS5H.jpg
qTZeRLI.jpg
JSWWIfl.jpg

When David meets Goliath!

b5qZ0qn.jpg
bJzIeJP.jpg
imUcbRd.jpg

Wristies!

LUTwdG3.jpg
9PRZPn6.jpg
qMavteT.jpg
axel4E0.jpg
WFMLTXQ.jpg
w7DzvRM.jpg
MrqBaIn.jpg
4jDsFT3.jpg
h7XMFq7.jpg

Gen on top Rep on bottom

sPsHBFq.jpg
J55MLHO.jpg

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTEOUS!!!  I'LL TAKE IT!!  heh!  You secured an excellent buy; personally, I don't see any misaligned bezel; yet, on the other hand, I'm 71!!  Good for you for having the sense to purchase this.  Thanks for the eye candy.

dave

Undinist

Well, that was one hell of a lot of bandwidth for a 2 line post. 

Undinist
On 3/2/2018 at 07:48, muiramas said:

The working chrono in the noob is temperamental and likely to break if used often / at all. 

Have you had experience of this?

deju
47 minutes ago, Undinist said:

Have you had experience of this?

Mine engages/disengages smooth and not as fidgety as an A7750. Very smooth too even setting the time is similar to that smooth gen feel. 

Remember He who talketh his opinion of things he has He-Haw first hand experience. Only Talketh shite. 

Luxuracer
37 minutes ago, deju said:

Remember He who talketh his opinion of things he has He-Haw first hand experience. Only Talketh shite. 

Did you get bitten by Handjob ?!?

deju
13 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

Did you get bitten by Handjob ?!?

Getting fed up with noobs, seems to be a constant stream of opinion as fact haha 

Fuckers. 

Undinist
2 hours ago, deju said:

Getting fed up with noobs, seems to be a constant stream of opinion as fact haha 

Fuckers. 

The tyre kickers here are just determined to spoil everyone  else's fun by spreading misinformation. I've lost count of the number  of people who say 'don't buy a gold watch,  scratches, blah, blah, blah, the steel will show through'. I nearly didn't buy my gold Sub. But it's been my daily beater for months and still looks like new.  

rschaal
1 hour ago, Undinist said:

The tyre kickers here are just determined to spoil everyone  else's fun by spreading misinformation. I've lost count of the number  of people who say 'don't buy a gold watch,  scratches, blah, blah, blah, the steel will show through'. I nearly didn't buy my gold Sub. But it's been my daily beater for months and still looks like new.  

what model / Factory did you buy?

Undinist
14 minutes ago, rschaal said:

what model / Factory did you buy?

This BP Asian ETA from Toro. http://www.toro.fun/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_115&product_id=969  I keep meaning to do a review but I'm too disorganised to take some decent pics. I really ought to tell the story of how the sales assistant at the AD held my watch next to a gen and couldn't see any differences. She was actually speechless.  I had to point out the only difference which was  visible to me -  the 5 minute bars on the bezel of the gen are thicker.  I'm still shocked by how good the rep is.  Until a few months ago I had no idea that you could get such a close facsimile of a £25,000 watch for so little.  I'm very grateful to the people who led me to it by building this forum.  What a phenomenon.

Mossback

I also wish to thank you for that link Undinist. 

A working chrono or not entirely depends on the owner. For me as long as the watch is reliable I don't care. I do own a gen Chrono but have yet to use it.

goldrolexdaydate

Looks so good! Such a shame that this watch has the half-working chrono but everything else looks so clean, and the new Noob has the clone movement but lacks so much of the details that ARF managed to rep well.... wonder if ARF will use Noob's movement at some point in the future.

sherbert79

Just pulled the trigger on one of these via Toro so can’t wait to get it on my wrist, don’t think I will be doing many mods but a quieter rotor would be nice if needed! I’m a noob so is this an easy job? Also, what’s the best things to do to get a bracelet feeling good? Just some oil?

Glaude
10 minutes ago, sherbert79 said:

I’m a noob so is this an easy job? Also, what’s the best things to do to get a bracelet feeling good? Just some oil?

It's not an overcomplicated job, you can find some informations on here on how to do it, to sum it up, you need to put the tiniest drop of oil (using a watch oiler is better) into the rotor bearings. Just use the term : oiling rotor in the search box, you should find the necessary informations :)

Same for the bracelet, look at baby oil bath, very very easy to do :)

MDavid

Nice watch!

sherbert79

Morning all

Right, so I got my A4130 116500 on Friday and I’m loving it, looks great on the wrist and pops when the light hits it! Two things I have noticed and need some advice with.The movement is a bit noisy/grindy, nothing major but if it’s an easy job then I would like to try and change out the rotor, does anyone have a link to what I need to change it to and how I change it? Secondly, I’m getting a power reserve of about 6 hours, would of liked it to at least keep powered until I put it on the next morning like some of my other reps, is this down to the lightweight rotor?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glaude
6 hours ago, sherbert79 said:

Morning all emoji1362.png

Right, so I got my A4130 116500 on Friday and I’m loving it, looks great on the wrist and pops when the light hits it! Two things I have noticed and need some advice with.The movement is a bit noisy/grindy, nothing major but if it’s an easy job then I would like to try and change out the rotor, does anyone have a link to what I need to change it to and how I change it? Secondly, I’m getting a power reserve of about 6 hours, would of liked it to at least keep powered until I put it on the next morning like some of my other reps, is this down to the lightweight rotor?

Thanks in advance emoji106.pngemoji106.png

Changing the rotor is an easy job, you just have to find a rotor that match, I have no idea which one or if there's a compatible one, maybe this has been discussed in that thread, have a look at the search function ;) 

Did you try to wind the watch fully with the crown to see how much power reserve you got ? Try to do that and report back :) 

gpvecchi

Genuine 7750 rotor works fine. You need even its screw and a drop of Moebius D5 oil to lubricate the bearing.

Glaude
13 minutes ago, gpvecchi said:

Genuine 7750 rotor works fine. You need even its screw and a drop of Moebius D5 oil to lubricate the bearing.

Oh yeah I confused this thread with the one from Noob ! Silly me !

FoxWilde

Can an ARF Daytona bracelet fit into the noob Daytona? I feel like I’ve read ARF bracelets are better quality, though I’m debating if that’s a worthwhile investment to get one. Anyways I just yesterday pulled the trigger for a NOOB Daytona from Toro (first time buyer with Toro how exciting) so we’ll see how it goes. 

knol
On 16/04/2018 at 21:52, Undinist said:

This BP Asian ETA from Toro. http://www.toro.fun/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_115&product_id=969  I keep meaning to do a review but I'm too disorganised to take some decent pics. I really ought to tell the story of how the sales assistant at the AD held my watch next to a gen and couldn't see any differences. She was actually speechless.  I had to point out the only difference which was  visible to me -  the 5 minute bars on the bezel of the gen are thicker.  I'm still shocked by how good the rep is.  Until a few months ago I had no idea that you could get such a close facsimile of a £25,000 watch for so little.  I'm very grateful to the people who led me to it by building this forum.  What a phenomenon.

the link does not work, would you mind showing some pics of the watch please. love to hear the story as well

drifterr
Morning all

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the noise, it must need some lubrication. Get a pro to check it out.

Noob daytona is capable of 70+ hours inr reserves. Are you winding the watch properly ??? Give it atleast 20 - 30 winds

Probably the first noob I have heard of with such low power reserve

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

thechoppiestgreens

I've been hearing that the movement on the ARF is not reliable, and will cost a pretty penny to fix. Any info on this?

Also: does anyone have an ARF or a Noob 116500 for sale? PM me if you do, I'm interested!