Ilovethiscity

Ok ok I say WOW! It’s the ARF DAYTONA 116500LN (very pic heavy)

gpvecchi

Thanks, can you point to shop slimmer caseback?

drifterr

Is the crown really sensitive on this watch or is it just me. Sometimes very tricky to engage to change time ?

Here is mine....3b84b6dbdca979d8697cfc9b5fa1add6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Khronos

@drifterr I see that you own both, the ARF Daytona and the ARF Sea-dweller.

Which one of these two do you like better?

Does either one feel like it has a better build quality or feels more solid?

How is the bezel action on the SD? Nice and firm? Any play?

Any chance of a side by side pic? :)

I like the SD very much and the fact that it runs on a 2824 clone, but it seems like a really huge and top heavy watch, just like the DSSD - which I've sold in the end just because it felt like a weight strapped to my wrist..

I wish you all the best in the New Year!

JimboJames1972

Extremely pretty! I’ve never really considered having a chrono rep in my collection, but this is seriously tempting.

Enjoy,

J

drifterr
[mention=94440]drifterr[/mention] I see that you own both, the ARF Daytona and the ARF Sea-dweller.

Which one of these two do you like better?

Does either one feel like it has a better build quality or feels more solid?

How is the bezel action on the SD? Nice and firm? Any play?

Any chance of a side by side pic?

I like the SD very much and the fact that it runs on a 2824 clone, but it seems like a really huge and top heavy watch, just like the DSSD - which I've sold in the end just because it felt like a weight strapped to my wrist..

I wish you all the best in the New Year!

Hey mate

Both watches feel different on the wrist.

I was really keen to add a white dial to the collection and the daytona is just perfect. Although feels invisible on the wrist but has a huge presence and looks classy. I wear it quite often now. My wrist size is 7inches.

The daytona is built really well, amazing bracelet and detail on the dial and not to forget the ceramic bezel. At work I find myself keep starring as it's just beautiful.

SD

The SD on the other hand just feels like the perfect size watch for my wrist. The finishing on the SD compared to my noob dssd is mush better. The biggest difference being the insert on the bezel. It's so much better to look at. Bezel click is nice and no free play on mine.

I was keen to add a cyclops Rollie to my collection and was considering subc or SD. In the end arf was more appealing as the overall finishing is just superb.

Yes the scallops are little sharper compared to the noob dssd v7 but they don't bother me one bit. I don't sit there keep playing with the bezel. Lol

My first rep purchase was a dssd v7 by I was used to wearing gen tags Carrera in particular so the size never bothered me. It still is one of my favourite watches. The dial is just amazing on this watch and yes it's a huge one but I quite like it.

I send some photos tomorrow mate.

I think if you can get both ARF Daytona and SD43 Both excellent choices. You won't regret it.

Happy new year and hope this answers your concerns.

Mike1818

Very nice watch !

Ilovethiscity

@drifterr very helpful comparison there and yeah please do post pics starting to think I might prefer an ARF SD43 over a Deepsea which I’ve already had 3 full modded versions of over the years and can never seem to hold onto in my rotation! Cheers. 

Khronos

@drifterr Thank you for your thoughts, nothing beats an opinion of someone who actually owns the two. I have owned and unfortunately had to sell the black dial ARF Daytona and I agree that it's a very well made watch. The one thing I'm not crazy about is the 7750, but it has become much more reliable in the last couple of years. This is a minor plus for the SD, which houses a 2824 clone. The one thing I hate about the SD are those painted letters on the caseback. Not a problem for most people, but I must have some extremely agressive pH in my sweat, because the paint always comes out of the letters, when I wear this sort of watches in the summer ( Ploprof, LMPO ).

Anyway, thanks for your insight, you're a true asset to this community!

Ilovethiscity

@Khronos @drifterr would the SD43 take a gen sub C crystal or is it a different size? Got one on my hulk and one spare.  Cheers! 

drifterr

Got some shots before heading out to work. Will post some better ones later today.

c6f166bd3bffecd6908c185207d096f4.jpg625a90b02b649b01de43ba1a29e32440.jpgbc540798c0f5da5f3cd35647ac42f24a.jpgf2d9d962a5db020f7a7071d5c2a28a6f.jpgbec39a653c4328a5876490ad8dbfbcf9.jpg

Mike Page
On 12/28/2017 at 02:53, drifterr said:

Is the crown really sensitive on this watch or is it just me. Sometimes very tricky to engage to change time ?

Here is mine....3b84b6dbdca979d8697cfc9b5fa1add6.jpg

I find the Crown can be a bitch sometimes in getting engaged too . Needs a gentle tug at times to get into correct 'slot' as such .

Killer watch though I love it 

Khronos

@drifterr Thank you for the photos, I appreciate it. The SD seems like a decent watch, but the bezel teeth look very pointy and sharp compared to gen.

@Ilovethiscity I'm not sure about the crystal, sorry. I usualy just leave watches as they are, because I get bored of them extremely fast and it's a waste of money in my opinion.

Ilovethiscity

@Khronos thanks yeah I’m reading the crystal is good stock anyway! Not like sub c. 

15 pm’s and counting asking if I want to sell this do people not use TD’s here this watch is pretty much unmodded lol anyone could order one today! :)

Edited by Ilovethiscity

bloon

Wow! Looks better than most sub500$ watches :) Wear in Good Health!

Timmetje83

I'm really starting to like this daytona.

drifterr

Gen is 39mm. However marketed at 40

Ilovethiscity

No flaw dude. R factory like to round up to nicer looking numbers :) who can blame them when 99.9% of their customer base could give a flying poop about its dimensions :) it’s just us psychos on rep forums haha

drifterr
Hello,

i found out that this ARF 116500 rep is +- 38,5mm in diameters instead of 40mm (gen) ?

Is it a flaw? 25782e84e6a6122c135f809b6f765fd3.jpg&key=736d6e0ac6a475c22a923c642ed3bc811cf9f9b893c1ddc15faa1df39cab7d4b

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Lol...you missed the crown.

Either way. It doesn't bother me one bit

devimalisa
Gen is 39mm. However marketed at 40

revstriker
On 12/24/2017 at 04:41, deju said:

I Definitely a mod worth doing!!  

Would you happen t know which one of the 5 rotors you bought? And if its an easy switch out for a newbie? Can you please post a pic of the watch with a ruler to measure size. I bought the same watch from a TD on RWI but I feel that the watch is tinier that your pics also its small compared to my gen TAG calibre 16 . This was my first rep purchase and I havent seen a gen in person. Thanks in advance for your help.

drifterr

Would you happen t know which one of the 5 rotors you bought? And if its an easy switch out for a newbie? Can you please post a pic of the watch with a ruler to measure size. I bought the same watch from a TD on RWI but I feel that the watch is tinier that your pics also its small compared to my gen TAG calibre 16 . This was my first rep purchase and I havent seen a gen in person. Thanks in advance for your help.

A tag calibre 16 is 43mm case. Thickness I believe is 14mm or 15mm can't remember

The daytona is 39mm. And 12.7 mm so yes it's quite a small watch but it's meant to be invisible on the wrist mate.

Ill post a picture of my gen tag 1887 and Daytona for your reference

Haltec
On Wed Dec 27 2017 at 21:37, Dusk said:

Lower profile caseback, removed silly fake movement plate and swapped for eta rotor and waterproofed 

20171208_154002_zpsbfmixrbj.jpg

That's great (contentwise) photo you got there.  

Thnx for that one.

deju
7 hours ago, revstriker said:

It's only the rotor finish that is different which doesn't matter on a closed caseback. I bought the Rodium one IIRC.

I don't know about the size. I've not posted any pictures of mine, I do know that  it is pretty much bang on with the gen 16520 to our eyes   

Dusk
1 hour ago, Haltec said:

That's great (contentwise) photo you got there.  

Thnx for that one.

Glad it's of use!