Ilovethiscity

Ok ok I say WOW! It’s the ARF DAYTONA 116500LN (very pic heavy)

Ilovethiscity

Those focusing on the non working Chronos are missing out on a lovely watch. I love it man it’s going off for full mods! gonna be my holiday beach/swimming watch. I’ve had endless PM’s from members trying to buy it :) 

Edited by Ilovethiscity

drifterr

Offcourse the lume shot. How could I forget 17c01115b6bf52b68d5299012184eaaf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Kaiser

I've had this watch for a few months now and I've gotta say I'm really impressed with. I'm not sure there's really a colour difference between 904 and 316L steel but this watch has definately got the best steel bracelet of any rep I've ever owned.

What noob needs (fully) working chronos? I've always found it to be a fairly useless complication, on the the Daytona you have to unscrew the pushers first to even operate the bloody chronograph, ain't nobody got time for that! I haven't even checked to see if the chrono function works, can't be bothered.  For people who insist on showing other people a working chrono, it will work as the gen the first minute, it's only the subdials that don't work. To me it's far more important that the ARF is almost the same thickness as the gen, the reps with working chrono's are far thicker which is a massive tell and simply doesn't look good at all. A Daytona should have a slim profile...

Ilovethiscity
11 minutes ago, Kaiser said:

I've had this watch for a few months now and I've gotta say I'm really impressed with. I'm not sure there's really a colour difference between 904 and 316L steel but this watch has definately got the best steel bracelet of any rep I've ever owned.

What noob needs (fully) working chronos? I've always found it to be a fairly useless complication, on the the Daytona you have to unscrew the pushers first to even operate the bloody chronograph, ain't nobody got time for that! I haven't even checked to see if the chrono function works, can't be bothered.  For people who insist on showing other people a working chrono, it will work as the gen the first minute, it's only the subdials that don't work. To me it's far more important that the ARF is almost the same thickness as the gen, the reps with working chrono's are far thicker which is a massive tell and simply doesn't look good at all. A Daytona should have a slim profile...

THIS GUY GETS IT! :) also I’m yet to see any of the Regtona promoters post one decent pic of one? Something tells me it’s a $99 Thai special which from spending time here and seeing the sales section  people definitely prefer which again is absolutely fine! As @NCRich said it’s horses for courses some people want cheapest possible and that’s fine whatever makes you happy to wear in this beautiful hobby :)

Edited by Ilovethiscity

drifterr
THIS GUY GETS IT!  also I’m yet to see any of the Regtona promoters post one decent pic of one? Something tells me it’s a $99 Thai special which from spending time here and seeing the sales section  people definitely prefer which again is absolutely fine! As [mention=10171]NCRich[/mention] said it’s horses for courses some people want cheapest possible and that’s fine whatever makes you happy to wear in this beautiful hobby 
I have seen the regtona as posted by one of our esteemed members here.

The first thing that pops out is the pushers. They missed the mark on it and it looks horrible in my view.

I didn't bother comparing it any further.

Gasman11

All said and done it's a great watch. And much better than those chunky Daytona's we've been fed for years. 

Robert11

Glad to here the other point of view. I don’t have any versions of this watch yet, but IMO correct physical dimensions and appearance has much more weight than identically working complications.

Sent from my satellite phone.

Hunklee

I think correct physical dimensions is more important than a hardly used complication. Lovely watch there!

zodl
I think correct physical dimensions is more important than a hardly used complication. Lovely watch there!

I and many others have never used the Chrono no matter of gen or rep. My IPhone has a perfect function for that ;).
And with the central second working on the ARF it’s even a lesser problem in my eyes.

Hunklee

Thanks for sharing! Do you mind pm me which TD did you engag for your ARF Daytona?

drifterr
Thanks for sharing! Do you mind pm me which TD did you engag for your ARF Daytona?
I personally used Toro and sead . You could email them both.

sputim

I have handled many many reps over the years and have to say arf did an amzing job! Quality and feel is on par with gen! Get the deco plate removed and add an eta rotor and you are good to go :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devimalisa

Does this rep need white paint mod on its ceramic bezel?

Whootish

That’s a really great looking watch.
Think I’ve just added another one to the want list!
This is going to get out of hand!!

revstriker

Do you guys keep your ARF daytona’s On a watch wonder when not in use. Whenever I keep myself be in a winder it stops working. 

Glaude
6 hours ago, revstriker said:

watch wonder

WXVvKdL.jpg

zodl

It’s a common problem, the fake Rolex rotor is way to light to wind the movement. And it makes a silly noise too.
You have to remove the deco plate and install an (A)7750 rotor.

Do you guys keep your ARF daytona’s On a watch wonder when not in use. Whenever I keep myself be in a winder it stops working. 

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

WatchaholicMallorca

Day 4 of wearing mine without swapping it out, and you guessed it, still not used the useless Chrono.

if people are holding back on this watch based on that you’re fooling yourself into missing out on a beauty, bought various Rolex from Noob, BP etc, and I have to say the feel of the build from ARF smashes them all out of the water. I’d pay the premium if all my reps felt like this

FAC9514_D-787_D-4_A3_A-_AD61-_D63_F59922

not sure how many people I need to moan to for them to bring out gold versions on bracelets.

a man can dream

Ilovethiscity
10 hours ago, WatchaholicMallorca said:

Day 4 of wearing mine without swapping it out, and you guessed it, still not used the useless Chrono.

if people are holding back on this watch based on that you’re fooling yourself into missing out on a beauty, bought various Rolex from Noob, BP etc, and I have to say the feel of the build from ARF smashes them all out of the water. I’d pay the premium if all my reps felt like this

FAC9514_D-787_D-4_A3_A-_AD61-_D63_F59922

not sure how many people I need to moan to for them to bring out gold versions on bracelets.

a man can dream

100%! This is a watch members can really enjoy with a few little tweaks and won’t cost thousands to build, it’s a win win and makes for a great daily! 

sputim

Quality wise certainly a super rep! 35497e1bad4928783790c9ea3bcc9c8c.jpg

Robert11

Few questions for those that have one.

Are the 3 and 9 subdials, and chrono hands frozen?

Do the pushers unscrew and serve any function? Are there gaskets in the pushers so the watch can be waterproofed?

Hunklee
On 2/6/2018 at 17:16, Ilovethiscity said:

100%! This is a watch members can really enjoy with a few little tweaks and won’t cost thousands to build, it’s a win win and makes for a great daily! 

Can you share what tweaks will you do? Changing the rotor plate is 1. Any other?

13 hours ago, Robert11 said:

Do the pushers unscrew and serve any function? Are there gaskets in the pushers so the watch can be waterproofed?

Good questions. I want to know too. This should be a super Rep except for the non working chronograph which is an imperfection I can do with.

WatchaholicMallorca

The pushers activate the Chrono.

the hands at 3 and 9 are faux, so effectively you only have a 60 second Chrono.

Hunklee
8 hours ago, WatchaholicMallorca said:

The pushers activate the Chrono.

the hands at 3 and 9 are faux, so effectively you only have a

60 second Chrono.

22 hours ago, Robert11 said:

So unless you took off your Daytona and let others fiddle with with chronograph function, no one can tell it's a rep.

devimalisa
So unless you took off your Daytona and let others fiddle with with chronograph function, no one can tell it's a rep.

How about its ceramic bezel letter, not white enough?