WatchEsq

I'm about ready to give up on ZF and their quality control

WatchEsq

Around June 2017:  I order an IWC 3777-10 ZF from a TD (WATCH NUMBER ONE).  Watch shows up, is dead on arrival and does not run.  I send the watch back to the TD (FOR $84 IN SHIPPING COSTS) and begin the waiting process.  In the meanwhile, I order another one of the same watch from another TD (WATCH NUMBER TWO) so I can have one in time for a Vegas trip, with the plan to sell one after the repairs are sorted.  Watch number two arrives, I go on the trip, all is well.

A few weeks later, the crown on WATCH NUMBER TWO strips.  I take it to a local shop, and order replacement parts from the TD, which I'm still waiting on after about a month (it takes some time to requisition the parts as I understand it).

Meanwhile, I get a message from the TD regarding the replacement for WATCH NUMBER ONE - the watch that the factory provided as a replacement has a mechanical issue, and I must wait for yet another one.  After some time, the new watch arrives.  After winding and setting the date - paying as usual extremely close attention to the standard setting procedures for a 7750 - the day wheel shows misalignment and eventually stops being engaged by the setting wheel, either when forwarding manually through the hours, or using the quickset function.

So now I have two of these watches, and hopefully I can get the crown fixed on WATCH NUMBER TWO, but I have some issue with the datewheel that I suspect will require new parts, labor, or both.  I've sunk so much money into just keeping these running and they've had so many issues, I hardly think it's worth the hassle at this point.  But I REALLY love this watch, the design, etc., I'm smitten with it.

Just expressing my frustration - if anyone has any tips, advice, etc. (especially regarding the datewheel issues) I'd be more than happy to hear it.

Thanks for listening.

ayylmao123

Is there not a different factory who makes that watch?

Breesy7

No only one 

ayylmao123
Just now, Breesy7 said:

No only one 

Well then I would just try to make a deal with the TD and get a different watch from a different factory. It's honestly not worth the headache it if this keeps happening with ZF.

Jibuti

look it on bright side-you have a lot of spare parts, OP. keep the faith, am keeping fingas X 4 you!

BadPickle

These are reps right? You understand that these are produced in some sweatshop/kitchen table right? You paid a fraction of the price for this pretend watch than you would for the proper one, so sometimes this is just how it is. 

You’re crying like a little girl over 2 fixes.... man, this game ain’t for you that’s for sure 

Raddave
7 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

These are reps right? You understand that these are produced in some sweatshop/kitchen table right? You paid a fraction of the price for this pretend watch than you would for the proper one, so sometimes this is just how it is. 

You’re crying like a little girl over 2 fixes.... man, this game ain’t for you that’s for sure 

HEY PBR ...how does one like a post on RWG ?

8 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

RADDAVE ♥ this post 

BadPickle
1 minute ago, Raddave said:

HEY PBR ...how does one like a post on RWG ?

You name it and I’ll sing it Rads :lol: 

Breesy7
14 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

These are also not $100 lucky lucky watches and TD’s do QC’s as well as the factory’s, there should be a certain level of QC. Hang in there buddy 

deju
4 minutes ago, Breesy7 said:

These are also not $100 lucky lucky watches and TD’s do QC’s as well as the factory’s, there should be a certain level of QC. Hang in there buddy 

Wake up... they are all bloody lucky lucky watches even at $500! 

Just a run of bad luck, win some lose some! 

All the Graham watches I bought cheap and expensive crapped out on me due to A7750’s 

Breesy7
10 minutes ago, deju said:

Wake up... they are all bloody lucky lucky watches even at $500! 

Just a run of bad luck, win some lose some! 

All the Graham watches I bought cheap and expensive crapped out on me due to A7750’s 

Never seen a lucky lucky watch with a 7750 or 2836. I have a 7750 Movement which has been running for 3 years with no issues. 

christo14
21 hours ago, WatchEsq said:

Just expressing my frustration - if anyone has any tips, advice, etc. (especially regarding the datewheel issues) I'd be more than happy to hear it.

Thanks for listening.

Some advice... Find a good local watch smith that can help you service/maintain some of these movements. Most things are repairable for cheap and you can pick up spare 7750 movements for very little. Even if you spend double what the watch cost you to maintain/improve it, it's still only fraction of price of gen. Happy holidays!!

Breesy7
24 minutes ago, christo14 said:

Where are you based? 

If your based in the UK I can recommend a good watch smith 

Muskandar
6 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Totally agree. We shouldn’t expect anything from these TD’s or hold them to any standards. What is our money worth anyway? Certainly not a working wristwatch. 

:fuelfire:

k3rm87

That's shit mate, I would also be pissed. I would go another watch from a different factory.. luck of the draw this game is. 

black263

So your dealer bought your illegal fix from a criminal manufacturer.  The dealer then got it to you by contravening import restrictions and you're complaining that the factory QC process is poor.

We have TDs who work with us because they make a lot of their income from the boards.  I'm willing to bet that board sales are a spit in the ocean to a maker who couldn't give a shit about QC.  Build it, sell it and if one comes back swap it out and sell the broken one to the next sucker that comes along. Eventually it will end up in the hands of someone who wont send it back but will pay to have it fixed elsewhere.

Result!!

tripdog123

Why the hell would anyone imagine that factories are doing QC (outside of checking that it ticks) before handing the watches over to the re-sellers. . . . 

Mary Watch

about the 3777, IMO, the V6 version is the only good version in market.  

check the minute hand if it will move a bit when u shake the watch.  Good luck.  now it looks impossible to get part from ZF.  

GenTLe

now it looks impossible to get part from ZF.  

This is the exact reason I would not get a ZF anymore... Poor QC and if anything break you are on your own (regardless TD willing to get you the parts).

kukugun

zf is getting worst

Ilovethiscity

Dude you just need a good modder! All factory movements are full of crap. Just an example of many watches I have running perfectly  Slaughterer serviced my panda 44mm and it now has a power reserve of over 2 days! It’s insane how it’s always  running when I go back to it after a weekend etc it’s also waterproof to 10atm. Also if you wanna save all that shipping most good modders won’t mind if you have it sent directly to them :)

Edited by Ilovethiscity

Jezz

Id be very interested in buying the dial and hands if want to part it out.