drs2100

Trusty Time watches review.

drs2100

First off Andrew is pleasant to deal with and always makes sure i get my watches. So far I have purchased 7 watches from him and three box sets. Box sets are always spot on for quality and will fool even the most seasoned horologists. The watches however are close but no where close to gens and often have minute problems and imperfections, however they will fool anyone on the street, and i've fooled a few horologists and dealers of gens. I will now list what I got and what I had to do to make them up to my standards:

1.Patek chrono moon phase that looks exactly like a 3970 case, unknown Patek face of unknown reference. Movement is a Seagull ST1908 I believe. This one i had to take a part to get dust out and I had to lube and calibrate both jewel pin on the balance and hair spring to get it running right. This is my favorite watch and my daily wear. It fools most people on the street but no horologist I know has ever been fooled by this one. 

2. A Lange and Sohne Handwerkskunst flying tourbillion. Case is exact, strap was mismatched stitching color (I ordered a different watch as well to get the strap I wanted). This watch fools the general public and is of exceptional build quality, Isochronism is very high on this watch! Timegrapgher results show perfect results in 5 positions. However, Horologists are not fooled because it doesn't have zero stop reset mechanism, but otherwise its flawless. I love this watch as well.

3. A Lange and Sohne Grand Lange 1. This watch was the one i purchased for the strap for my hanwerkskunst. What a POS this watch was. Case size and face were acceptably convincing, but the rest is a joke. Frought with problems I keep this one for parts. Unfortunately the deployment buckle arrived with a broken stud that goes in the hole of the strap. Couldn't use it. The minute hand was bent 30 degrees up and the rotor stalls on the case and movement shakes around...this was a waste of money and I wish i never purchased it.

4.Choppard GTXL Mille Miglia. This watch is the most convincing one i own. Amazing and the first real 1:1 I have seen. This watch fools horologists and dealers alike. Problem I have had was the movement was choppy and the center seconds hand was sticking due to the cheap asian copy of the A07.211. There are like 7 jewels in the whole watch looks like metal jewels too. I replaced the movement with a genuine A07.211 Valgranges from eta and the hands with Daytona chronograph hands as the asian ones wouldn't fit the gen mvmt. Love this watch it's extremely accurate and the strap even smells like the gen...weird but true!

5.Versace Vanitas. This watch is perfect for what it is and cheap 88 bux! Case and strap and box all perfect convinces horologist and even dealers. One oversight is the position of the "swiss made" that gives it away...if not for this minor detail there is functionally and otherwise no difference between this and the gen. This is a great gift if you want to impress your lady friends.

6. JLC Rendezvous Day-Night. A modified Miyota 9015, looks very convincing if not for the "1000 hour reserve" printed on the rotor. Otherwise it runs well and is isochronic in 5 positions. Girlfriend gets compliment all the time and nobody has ever questioned its authenticity.

7. Patek Phillipe 5227 officer's case back 18k wrap. Love This watch..this watch is so gen looking the only one it won't fool is the factory. It's built on a Miyota 9015 and they use non functional 324 bridgework to cover any trace of it being a 9015. The only give away is the fact that I can see the 9015 reversing wheel on the automatic device bridge spinning under a plate with empty jewels in it! Also the rotor bearing is not seated correctly and this seems to be a common problem. All the q/c pics on the site and the short video presentations show these watches with either oscillating weight bearing not seated or screw broken off. Mine was no exception and I still have to fix this. However, the gold content is high and fools the xray machine calling it 78% gold and the rest copper and indium. Also passed a staneous chloride test. Is this watch real 18k gold??

All in all Andrew is a good retailer and I trust I will get my watches but bear in mind there's a reason gens are expensive and expect small imperfections. If you are a fan of horology and service your own stuff like me this a small inconvenience, and fun! 

HorFan

What? No pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drs2100

sorry i don't know how to post pics on this site yet, i'm still trying to figure stuff out i'll post them when i do.