secretagnt

DSSD V7 movement choice

secretagnt

SA3135 or A2836 ???? Is it worth the extra 50 bucks ?? 

drifterr

2836 is reliable . 

3135 should be ok however service is recommended. Operates like a gen . 

I personally got the 2836 as I care about reliability....

Haiki0574

For me only 2836, it's reliable and repare

Mr_B

2836 is tried and tested. 

ayylmao123

As said above unless you want the most gen-like rep and don't care about service costs and reliability, get the 2836

Cdenim

This topic has and will be passionatly  debated for sometime. I'm a practicing watch-smith and will be attending Nicolas G. Hayek  fall of 18.  IMOO I want a replica to embody everything  the gen is. Because of the difference between them,the cases for the ETA watches aren't exactly spot on gen and once realized easy to point out. The operation is (previously mentioned above) also different in setting time going anti-clockwise vs clockwise function. Also, rarely mentioned is the weight, with the SA3135's being a slight bit heavier adding to a reps total weight being closer to gen. Again in my opinion, it was a no brainier to decide which way to go for my ongoing grail build of my favorite Rolex the DSSD d-blue. I have serviced A LOT of SA 3135's with all of them running flawlessly to date. Going with the V7 SA3135 gave me the option to then swap out the SA for the SH or YUKI 3135 only for the sole purpose of swapping in ( albeit not as easy as pop out, pop in ) gen parts. With a case made for the eta its a costly, difficult task to alter it to accept the 3135 if you were to later to go this route.  As far as reliability i can promise they'll run just as nice if not nicer than any eta movement. Here's were mine is running to date after i serviced it adding gen: automatic bridge, winding bridge, intermediate date wheel, date wheel seating and date wheel...20171005_193645.jpg

and its been 8 months now problem free and maintaining +/- 0 per day. That said, if i was to buy a replica and wanted it as close to gen as i could get it out of the box, I would go with the SA3135

drifterr

great to hear - you do have the skill set to mod reps. Most of us dont have that luxury with respect to getting a modder to mod these rep let alone perform basic servicing for waterproofing. 

there are optoins however you got to send off the watch to another planet and hope it doesn't get confiscated.

Cdenim
18 hours ago, drifterr said:

great to hear - you do have the skill set to mod reps. Most of us dont have that luxury with respect to getting a modder to mod these rep let alone perform basic servicing for waterproofing. 

there are optoins however you got to send off the watch to another planet and hope it doesn't get confiscated.

Lol.....that is true. It can be an aggravating  ordeal sending off your new beautiful, freshly unboxed wrist candy to some odd named movie actor you've heard about on a forum. And something to weigh in on for sure. And again this is my opinion, hoping it can be of some assistance to you.... out of the box i will venture to say the quality level has vastly improved from when these 3135 clones first were introduced to present. The issues i first encountered with these are seldom the case now. Except why cant anybody in Guangzhou make a stem that doesn't have the tensile strength of paper mache???? So without the extensive mods like my money pit, I mean grail build dssd, they can still be a good choice. I will say this to you, they are the forest gumps of the rep world.... you never know what you'll get which is why servicing is important. 

domsdaddy123
On 12/24/2017 at 13:26, secretagnt said:

SA3135 or A2836 ???? Is it worth the extra 50 bucks ?? 

Very simple answer is.... if at some point down the road you plan to "Franken" the watch by adding gen parts, then get the SA3135... 

If you never plan on spending more $$ to add gen parts then get the a2836. For what its worth the dssd blue a2836 is a beautiful piece and hands down one òf the very best rolex reps ootb..

This coming from a guy w a franken dssd blue, lol but really unless you wear your rep to a rolex owners convention (joke) no one in the wild will know the difference, its a superb rep...hope this helps, good luck :)

Raddave

I went 2836 for the simplicity of the movement , and parts (movement)  availability, and im  very happy 

donnyenguyen
On 12/26/2017 at 06:47, Cdenim said:

This topic has and will be passionatly  debated for sometime. I'm a practicing watch-smith and will be attending Nicolas G. Hayek  fall of 18.  IMOO I want a replica to embody everything  the gen is. Because of the difference between them,the cases for the ETA watches aren't exactly spot on gen and once realized easy to point out. The operation is (previously mentioned above) also different in setting time going anti-clockwise vs clockwise function. Also, rarely mentioned is the weight, with the SA3135's being a slight bit heavier adding to a reps total weight being closer to gen. Again in my opinion, it was a no brainier to decide which way to go for my ongoing grail build of my favorite Rolex the DSSD d-blue. I have serviced A LOT of SA 3135's with all of them running flawlessly to date. Going with the V7 SA3135 gave me the option to then swap out the SA for the SH or YUKI 3135 only for the sole purpose of swapping in ( albeit not as easy as pop out, pop in ) gen parts. With a case made for the eta its a costly, difficult task to alter it to accept the 3135 if you were to later to go this route.  As far as reliability i can promise they'll run just as nice if not nicer than any eta movement. Here's were mine is running to date after i serviced it adding gen: automatic bridge, winding bridge, intermediate date wheel, date wheel seating and date wheel...20171005_193645.jpg

and its been 8 months now problem free and maintaining +/- 0 per day. That said, if i was to buy a replica and wanted it as close to gen as i could get it out of the box, I would go with the SA3135

I had a Noob 116622 serviced by Johnny Depp which was also maintaining +/-0s per day. Power reserve was great as well. I would go with the SA3135 but service is a must.

Luxuracer

I recommend you not to service or doing anything unless it broke down yet again.

1 hour ago, donnyenguyen said:

I had a Noob 116622 serviced by Johnny Depp which was also maintaining +/-0s per day. Power reserve was great as well. I would go with the SA3135 but service is a must.

Donney ... how many people are using your nick, bro ?!?!
You just recommend AP_Superman not to service his SA3135 ... Now, you said service on a SA3135 is a must !?!

bustyouup4free
Donney ... how many people are using your nick, bro ?!?!
You just recommend AP_Superman not to service his SA3135 ... Now, you said service on a SA3135 is a must !?!
Give the guy a break... he's clearly enjoying the holidays... and possibly a few adult beverages

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Luxuracer
24 minutes ago, bustyouup4free said:

Give the guy a break... he's clearly enjoying the holidays... and possibly a few adult beverages emoji2.png

I think I will go and finish my bottle of Cognac. Hopefully things will make more sense after that.

Cheers

maxresdefault.jpg

bustyouup4free
I think I will go and finish my bottle of Cognac. Hopefully things will make more sense after that.
Cheers
maxresdefault.jpg&key=ed9cb94d94755371cbed4e666b4dde6e2e1d78fa1943c72dc6fcb28af717bd80
I also enjoy a nice glass of Cognac... have a great evening

GenTLe
On 12/25/2017 at 23:47, Cdenim said:

20171005_193645.jpg

Mate, I (seriously) don't want to doubt about your skills, but to me 0.5ms beat error is not acceptable. I tend not to go over 0.1... 

Cdenim
2 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Mate, I (seriously) don't want to doubt about your skills, but to me 0.5ms beat error is not acceptable. I tend not to go over 0.1... 

No doubt needed. In watchmaking, perfection is the loss or gained seconds minimized.  That is the closest number to zero seconds lost or gained within a day a watch movement has. Its the reason for timing and tuning a movement in the first place. Beat error is only one of many fine tuning aspects one can use to achieve +/- 0.  The fact is @GenTLe some watches will never strike the impulse post of the palet fork exactly the same for the anti and non anti rotation. Put simply its like tuning a car for more horsepower. I'm not going to spend countless hours or alot of attention in say.... measuring the exact exhaust gasses coming out, just need to have acceptable perimeters met within every area of my performance enhancements ( air flow, addition of more fuel, more precise combustion, and expelling more exhaust) to meet the overall horse power goal.  Not to mention, while i don't doubt your ability to adjust beat error in a particular kind of watch, I can and will absolutely guarantee, its only in 1 of just the 5 planes of natural motion a watch movement is measured to. See although my beat error,due to limitations on adjusting the balance wheel itself ( only with the chs 3135's, the rolex has microstella and a free spun balance to better tune for beat error ), is .5 milliseconds, the movement has achieved 0 +/-. In 3 out of the 5. There is no need to further tune beat error and possibly change the reason for tuning a watch in the first place.  And the reason I know your claim of .1 milliseconds of beat  error is in one plane only... well you can thank Sir Issac Newton and gravity for that.  Lastly, WOSTEP's acceptable range for beat error is .8. Anything else is more based on the manufactures acceptable tolerance ranges.