Slash

Reps using 904L steel?

jamesezra
This my friend is f***ing sexy watch, perfect for the summer.
I have received my ARF SD today and will buy the Daytona next ... really sexy timepieces.

Thanks buddy. It really is!

Show us photos of the SD! I’m looking to get it as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TimePeace
On 26/12/2017 at 19:03, amptor said:

I genuinely lost interest when I found out that the watch case itself is not 904L on these reps.  Only the bracelet?  Meh.

The ARF  SD43 and the Daytona are both case and bracelet 904l. 

The ARF DJ36 SS 116200 has only the bracelet in 904l. 

Smpfan

Here you go. Received yesterday from Ryan. Stunning piece.

44631e92ebd2a2469a34fa6d27fe3962.jpg

e6861edd366a4c080a3c2eff388b22e4.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

TimePeace
Here you go. Received yesterday from Ryan. Stunning piece.

44631e92ebd2a2469a34fa6d27fe3962.jpg&key=d052e8721818371dcab5e128fb5a2153767b1b2760d146540ea7178d6b8c0e45

e6861edd366a4c080a3c2eff388b22e4.jpg&key=4157685e7df11c44297441ea9acf41ad4e16fbada46a2d8f4ac369a0b50e1ff2

Very good looking rep indeed!
Those hands look almost as if were 3D and not flat like noobs.
Wear it in good health!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Smpfan

I will do so. It has the updated datewheel, too. It was worth all the delay of delivery.

jamesezra

Awesome piece. Just awesome :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamesezra

3517b251b1d23309e53571fde3f3896f.jpg

Sharing a photo which was captioned by my good friend.

amptor

If the case isn't 904L on a 904L watch, then why call it 904L.  Misleading.

mysterio
1 hour ago, amptor said:

If the case isn't 904L on a 904L watch, then why call it 904L.  Misleading.

Can anyone confirm with the TDs? There are differing descriptions. Two of the biggest dealers on the 4 forums.

http://trustytime.store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_12&products_id=18239

CASE MATERIAL: Solid Stainless Steel 904L
BRACELET:
Solid Stainless Steel 904L Oyster Bracelet with New Style Rolesor Deployant Buckle

https://puretime05.com/datejust-36-ss-116200-polished-bezel-arf-1-1-best-edition-blue-dial-on-904l-ss-oyster-bracelet-sa3135.html

Case    1:1 high-quality 316F stainless steel, screw-in back and crown, deep and double line engraved rehaut, brighter and more accurate engravings, random serial number engraved at 6:00 of the rehaut. Different random serials

Strap   904L Stainless steel Rolex oyster bracelet with perfect SEL, clasp and smooth screws (The Best Rolex Bracelet EVER)

amptor

It's what I was told on the RWI forum in the 904L thread and I verified it with the TD they discussed in his website but I forgot what one that was.

mysterio
7 hours ago, amptor said:

It's what I was told on the RWI forum in the 904L thread and I verified it with the TD they discussed in his website but I forgot what one that was.

Wokie. I don't stray too much outside of the Panerai section. :)

Rolliedude

I bought an ARF Daytona C 904l with a movement that replicates the original. The bracelet looks and feel are a whole new ball game.

I have a white dial daytona C made by another factory and believe me, the ARF one looks totally like the original!

It is amazing!

IMG_5361%202_zpsxda0q67r.jpg

Edited by Rolliedude

black263

I always understood there wasn't a movement that exactly replicated a Daytona.  Is this something new?  I ask out of marginal interest, as it is still a Rolex.

TimePeace
I always understood there wasn't a movement that exactly replicated a Daytona.  Is this something new?  I ask out of marginal interest, as it is still a Rolex.

It is just a a7750 with the gears for the subdials at 3 and 9 removed. Then they added a stupid lookalike deco plate.

TimePeace

It is just a a7750 with the gears for the subdials at 3 and 9 removed. Then they added a stupid lookalike deco plate.

Here a picture of the stupid deco plate:
032f9d1c45a91bec9ee40885f4564c0d.jpg

MetalMickey
15 minutes ago, TimePeace said:

Here a picture of the stupid deco plate:
032f9d1c45a91bec9ee40885f4564c0d.jpg

What an absurb waste of effort (and buyers money)  that plate is. 

mysterio
9 hours ago, metalmickey said:

What an absurb waste of effort (and buyers money)  that plate is. 

Totally, I wish the makers would just stop making the reps look like the gen. :giggle:

MetalMickey
2 hours ago, mysterio said:

Totally, I wish the makers would just stop making the reps look like the gen. :giggle:

I think spending time and money adding a decorative plate that won’t pass even the slightest inspection inside a watch with a closed case back is taking it a little far :)

PlanetZoom

With a closed case back, I prefer a thinner watch to a deco plate every day of the week.

mysterio
5 hours ago, metalmickey said:

I think spending time and money adding a decorative plate that won’t pass even the slightest inspection inside a watch with a closed case back is taking it a little far :)

I guess it goes back to dollars and cents. We are probably not the majority of the market where they can sell this decorated stuff even with the inaccuracies.

Rolliedude
13 hours ago, mysterio said:

Lol Lol Lol Lol LOl Lol LoL Lol

deju
5 hours ago, mysterio said:

I guess it goes back to dollars and cents. We are probably not the majority of the market where they can sell this decorated stuff even with the inaccuracies.

It’s closed caseback, the deco plate means the rotor is a hollowed out pos. 

would save a lot of money just being standard a7750. 

Modded Rotor makes it unwearable and means a blind man can call you out at 10 paces haha 

mysterio
2 hours ago, deju said:

It’s closed caseback, the deco plate means the rotor is a hollowed out pos. 

would save a lot of money just being standard a7750. 

Modded Rotor makes it unwearable and means a blind man can call you out at 10 paces haha 

POS or not, if they sell a lot of these watches, I'm sure they did not only save money, but they made themselves a tidy profit. Last problem is easy enough to avoid. Just walk 11 paces from any blind man. :giggle:

Edited by mysterio

2fake4u
On 1/4/2018 at 19:34, amptor said:

only one that isnt 904 case is the DJ, which puretime has correctly marked as a 316 case.  the rest are 904.

i posted 904 test results from samples received  from arf already once in this thread...

amptor
3 hours ago, 2fake4u said:

only one that isnt 904 case is the DJ, which puretime has correctly marked as a 316 case.  the rest are 904.

i posted 904 test results from samples received  from arf already once in this thread...

Nice that's too bad though, since I hate Daytonas and not a big fan of black rolex divers.