freddyb

116600 V2 vs V7

freddyb

Hi guys,

Any idea which one is better with a 2836 movement for reliability? I have done some googling but not much details on v7. There is some on RWI but it's down at the moment and I can't see it. 

Anyone has ant idea or experience with the sd4k v7? Should I take that over the V2? According to the consensus super rep list, sd4k V2 is a first class rep. Not sure about v7.

Thanks 

Adf200012

I'd go with V2 SA 3135. I havent heard much about the V7. Another option is to add ~ $85 for an SD43k with 904L steel from ARF factory

freddyb

I heard pretty bad things about the 3135 movement so I'll steer clear of that. I'm looking for more information on the v7.. can't find much online. Thanks for the recommendation! Not really keen on the SD Red line too.. 

k4jun

SD4k V7 has wrong SEL- recessed like V7 sub.

Natas78
1 hour ago, freddyb said:

I heard pretty bad things about the 3135 movement so I'll steer clear of that. I'm looking for more information on the v7.. can't find much online. Thanks for the recommendation! Not really keen on the SD Red line too.. 

They all need service, but in essence they are good.

freddyb

Okay I'll go for the V2 then. Because TD is telling me that latest is better... Hmm. 

drifterr

the latest version on the sd4k is v3 - there is no v7 ( you are probably getting mixed up with the DSSD)

TDS are still listing these as v2 so be careful as aint getting a v2 - 

recent QC pics showed the sels were recessed like submariner which is incorrect, otherwise it should be fine to get the latest version.

freddyb

https://chazingtime.co/product/sea-dweller-116600-black-ceramic-noob-11-best-edition-ss-bracelet-sa3135-v7/

If I may post a link, it shows the v7 of the 116600 but i don't see any difference between this and the v2. 

I am not affiliated to chazing time. Just did a google search and took one of the top entries. Beside, it is a TD in RWI, sadly not in RWG. 

What do you mean recessed SEL? How should it be if you could teach me? So i can be more alert during the QC process. 

drifterr

the link you posted is the wrong SEL for this watch - those are recessed. I suggest you dont order that one as its incorrect.

SEL on the SD4k is protruding. Google the gen and you will know what i mean.

DocThor

That is how a v2 looks like...SEL slightly protruding :)8dd7b648ab4fdf05a52c9859bb97644c.jpg

...sent with wooden drums via Tupperware.

freddyb

Thanks guys for being so helpful! I'll keep that in mind during my QC. Protruding means coming up higher than the lugs right? or is it the length? 

Edit: I think its easier to see on the wrist, I hope i can spot it during QC 

Edited by freddyb

drifterr

Send me your QC pics. I'll try and help.

Smpfan

Go for V2 with Asian eta! Crown height is exactly the same like gen. I would avoid unreliable SA3135.

V2 is a great rep. It has got only one flaw which always makes me angry on Noob watches. The SELs have got a visible gap and play to the case.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro