Inpakuto

Watch archive communication disappeared

Inpakuto

communication with loco Louie was great until I wired him 2270yuan, then he stopped replying to everything I sent him. I know I'm supposed to be patient, so im waiting another month. 

On the off chance he takes my money and doesn't ship me a watch, can rwi mods make him give me a refund or no? Thanks in advance

paccbet

Ah classic Louie

Luxuracer

Why did you send a guy named Loco money ?!?!

PlanetZoom

You can open a ticket when RWI is back up.

Inpakuto

I heard good reviews about him, apparently he has a lot of orders. I'll probably just fine a ticket and then buy a non modded Royal oak

Rx4Time

He posted recently on rwi that he was very backlogged and limiting new offers.  I wouldn't panic, but expect long wait, probably months.  One of the mods from rwi may be able to offer more direct insight, but if I remember correctly, some said the wait was upwards of six months? 

SilverSamurai

Orders with loco will take about 6 months; so patience is definitely key if you ant a watch from him

TimePeace

Loco Louie... the new TC...

solitudex

I placed an order for a watch with him just a month ago. I'm taking it easy by purchasing other watches in the meantime. Doubt I want to get myself worked up by trying to get updates from him every week, which obviously isn't his forte.
Like what the others suggest, I'll give him six months and trust that he will be able to deliver the watch in good faith!

PlanetZoom

Lots of people with communications problems with this Probationary/New TD.  There are several threads on RWI which you can see when it returns.

ilyailya

Any one else offer modded ap like loco ? 

Greasing and making case thinner ?

trailboss99

You noobs would have loved waiting for WM9! 

TeddyBear

Not trying to vouch for Louie, but yeah, he is overwhelmed. I have bought two items from him (the gen thick 15400 and the hulk bezel)

It does take a long time, but I *feel* like he is working like a dog. I also remember he got a helper to speed some things up. I am going to get the bluesy from him as soon as he is ready.

I would say, dont lose faith just yet.

Edited by TeddyBear

Ross29
1 hour ago, trailboss99 said:

You noobs would have loved waiting for WM9! 

Ha! Boy... I remember those days. BK was the man with that offering. I really hope he starts offering the new WM9's aka ARF. 

Daywatch

Do You want a watch - or do You want communication?

You have fulfilled Your part - now the receiver is in the obligation of fulfilling his (and working on it). Both parts know this. There is nothing to communicate until the watch is ready to be sent.

This is rational and time-saving behaviour (unlike the art of automated response developped in the West for each sub-step: received money; will start process; process is started; process is halted; part 1 of process is ready; part 2 of process is ready; part 3 of process is ready; watch on the way to processing center; watch arrived in processing center; watch being prepared to be packed; watch is packed..... etc. etc...) What the heck - we don´t even really know if this kind of info is true or just delivered in pre-programmed and automated time intervalls - it´s just to calm the nerves).

Gen brands also tinker with the waiting times: While You could buy a new platinum or gold Cosmograph Daytona at the AD, the waiting time for the cheaper steel version is measured - in Years......

Meanwhile just order a standard rep from Toro, Intime or one of the other TDs to pass the time.

Luxuracer
4 minutes ago, Daywatch said:

You have fulfilled Your part - now the receiver is in the obligation of fulfilling his (and working on it). Both parts know this. There is nothing to communicate until the watch is ready to be sent.

This is rational and time-saving behaviour (unlike the art of automated response developped in the West for each sub-step: received money; will start process; process is started; process is halted; part 1 of process is ready; part 2 of process is ready; part 3 of process is ready; watch on the way to processing center; watch arrived in processing center; watch being prepared to be packed; watch is packed..... etc. etc...) What the heck - we don´t even really know if this kind of info is true or just delivered in pre-programmed and automated time intervalls - it´s just to calm the nerves).

Gen brands also tinker with the waiting times: While You could buy a new platinum or gold Cosmograph Daytona at the AD, the waiting time for the cheaper steel version is measured - in Years......

Meanwhile just order a standard rep from Toro, Intime or one of the other TDs to pass the time.

Yes_this_point_up.gif

mysterio
46 minutes ago, Daywatch said:

Whatever explanation gets your mind wandering somewhere else I guess. It would be helpful for Locolouie once RWI gets back online (if he doesn't have the time to create an account here) to explain the reasons for the massive delays. Not everyone will be happy about it, but at least the customers know he isn't just sitting on his hands. I read that the watches he modifies come from the factory first so that delay might be it. The parts he uses is most likely sourced from somewhere else so that's another potential cause for the delay. But without any communication from him, it's a free for all for conspiracy theories, the worst of which is that he scammed a lot of members out of their hard earned money and he's just stringing them along with updates that are too few and far between that his buyers are only happy to be lapping up like water in the desert.

Psssniper

I thought there had been some  communication re supply chain and sourcing in his last update? My memory ain't what it used to be so I could be wrong. We watch junkies all do tend to start dogpile emailing when we get nervous not realizing that many others are doing the same. I can't imagine the time it would take to respond to each and every email.

In this hobby, patience is a necessary virtue. I signed up for one of the 116613's but have received no further communication since filling out the order form online so i'm assuming that he is trying to catch up before taking new orders.

edit:

Just went on my account on W-archive and it shows my order status as pending payment, found an email that I had missed from them but the payment details make absolutely no sense to me, so I will email :comp-punch: asking for clarification.

mysterio
9 minutes ago, Psssniper said:

I thought there had been some  communication re supply chain and sourcing in his last update? My memory ain't what it used to be so I could be wrong. We watch junkies all do tend to start dogpile emailing when we get nervous not realizing that many others are doing the same. I can't imagine the time it would take to respond to each and every email.

In this hobby, patience is a necessary virtue. I signed up for one of the 116613's but have received no further communication since filling out the order form online so i'm assuming that he is trying to catch up before taking new orders.

That's why I said "I read that...". ;)

Patience is necessary in this game, no doubt about that. But waiting more than 1 month (and there have been others waiting for longer) without an update is too much, IMHO. He could put all of the buyers in an bcc'ed email group per batch (based on order) and sending an update to them once a week should lessen the load somewhat (there could be less than 50 so grouping them this way would probably reduce the updates to to 5-10 per week although we don't exactly know how many people have pending orders). Also he did say he got a partner in his Dec. 12 update before RWI was shut down. Not sure how fast his partner would come up to speed with Watch Archive operations so initially Locolouie could give him the task of sending updates to customers. If he doesn't do that, aside from the initial rush of orders, he might not be getting such a huge amount of orders if he doesn't get his shit together.

Levi212

Hey,

ive just opened a Horolum from Loui (had an extra strap included - maybe some kind of gogw).

i ordered in October, had spells of good comms and absolute blackouts, but in the end he's come through and it really easy a great piece.

im sure it's purely the time of year, the fact he's good with watches and terrible with English and customer service.

hang on and be patient, it will come

mysterio
7 hours ago, Levi212 said:

im sure it's purely the time of year, the fact he's good with watches and terrible with English and customer service.

Well, that's not exactly reassuring. Terrible customer service (and that's a fact you say?) and good watches do not make a good combination. Actually that's precisely how some TDs get into hot water (not the good watches bit, the terrible customer service).

Levi212

Yeah it's not ideal I get that and you could look through my previous posts on RWI and get a good feel for my own frustration.

but it's a cracking product and a slightly unique offering, he's got.

while on one hand I want to say he was just not prepared for volume of orders, but as he bills individually, you would he would only take on the orders he could fulfil.

ive received a cracking watch after a bit of a rocky road. It is what it is!

i ordered the Horolum from him because it's made by him apparently, so couldn't see any point getting it elsewhere. There's some other interestingly modified stuff there - which I'm sure will be equally good. Just be prepared. 

Inwould order again, I'd just expect it to take 3 months minimum.