AP_Superman

service sd4k or put in yuki?

AP_Superman

I've already had my SD4K break soon after receiving it. The td just finished repairing. Should I service it or just scrap the movement and put in a yuki?

ShovelnTC

So is it now working after being repaired or has it broken again after being repaired?

AP_Superman
5 hours ago, ShovelnTC said:

So is it now working after being repaired or has it broken again after being repaired?

It's working after being repaired.

Rx4Time

I'd probably run it until it breaks as you have already spent money on shipping it back to China.  Personally, I probably would have upgraded when it first broke. 

Luxuracer
5 hours ago, AP_Superman said:

I've already had my SD4K break soon after receiving it. The td just finished repairing. Should I service it or just scrap the movement and put in a yuki?

Not all of rep SD4K can take a Yuki replacement movement. You have to consider which case you currently have on your SD4K. If you could state which factory and movement. it would be a big help. 

Example: A Noob 116600 A2836 case will needs a lot of modification to takes a Yuki.

If it had been repair, just wear it until service is needed, then you can decide.

Best of luck!

ShovelnTC

Yeah worry about it if/when it breaks down.

None of my Reps have ever been serviced and many of them have run for 4 or five years and are still running.

AP_Superman

It is the noob v2 super rep version. The last time it broke in a couple weeks so hopefully it'll last longer this time.

Rx4Time
3 minutes ago, AP_Superman said:

It is the noob v2 super rep version. The last time it broke in a couple weeks so hopefully it'll last longer this time.

Which movement is in it?  The SA3135 or A2836?   The SA can be swapped out for a Yuki, the A2836 swapped out for an an ETA 2836. 

Luxuracer
4 minutes ago, AP_Superman said:

When you said .... Noob V2 "super rep" (?!?) ... I guess that it has a SA3135 movement.

The quality of a SA3135, SH3135, and Yuki are toss of the coin. There is not enough data to show which one is better, but according to "expert" ;-) ... their qualities are getting better and better. So wear it in good health and worry about replacement later.

Cdenim

38 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

When you said .... Noob V2 "super rep" (?!?) ... I guess that it has a SA3135 movement.

The quality of a SA3135, SH3135, and Yuki are toss of the coin. There is not enough data to show which one is better, but according to "expert" ;-) ... their qualities are getting better and better. So wear it in good health and worry about replacement later.

As my fellow Rossi fan just said and after servicing many SA's, Sh's aka yuki, these movements are the forest gumps of the rep world. You never quite know what you'll get. I opted for an SA in my ongoing DSSD (money pit) i mean grail build for the sole purpose to swap in a Yuki. This movement ( for the most part albeit not very easily) can exchange its parts for Gen rolex 3135. And Its running 0+/- secs a day consistently after 8 months with spot on accuracy and a running 47 hrs of reserve. So I'd be the one guy in the corner waving my SA3135 flag. Again as also stated above, you'll need that movement in your sd4k to change out to the sh or yuki. If its eta the case will be different and not without extensive and expensive modifications to the case will  you be able to use the larger, taller yuki. Just wanted to chime in since i have alot of experience with these movements. 

Luxuracer
9 hours ago, Cdenim said:

As my fellow Rossi fan just said and after servicing many SA's, Sh's aka yuki, these movements are the forest gumps of the rep world. You never quite know what you'll get. I opted for an SA in my ongoing DSSD (money pit) i mean grail build for the sole purpose to swap in a Yuki. This movement ( for the most part albeit not very easily) can exchange its parts for Gen rolex 3135. And Its running 0+/- secs a day consistently after 8 months with spot on accuracy and a running 47 hrs of reserve. So I'd be the one guy in the corner waving my SA3135 flag. Again as also stated above, you'll need that movement in your sd4k to change out to the sh or yuki. If its eta the case will be different and not without extensive and expensive modifications to the case will  you be able to use the larger, taller yuki. Just wanted to chime in since i have alot of experience with these movements. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9066789

donnyenguyen

I recommend you not to service or doing anything unless it broke down yet again.

donnyenguyen

I recommend you not to service or doing anything unless it broke down yet again.

AP_Superman

Yeah it's the SA3135. I'll leave it as is and if it breaks again I'll service it. Definitely not sending it back to China again.