rdp5

Scam Casio G-Shock

rdp5

OK, imma newb in general and new here.  However, in November 2017, I bought a Casio G-Shock from a rep website G-ShockFactory.Com || The King of Reproduction G-Shock Watches.  Their actual website is: g-shockfactory.shop .  I know the gens are not the most expensive watches and certainly the reps are not either, but I bought it as a gift for someone who didn't want something over $20 because it was going to be used somewhere that the watch was going to take a real beating every day.

After the sale, I got an email receipt with am order number, a PP confirmation code, and a proposed shipping date.  A week later, I got another email with a shipping and tracking number.  The tracking number was invalid.  After a week, the tracking was still not updated and still invalid.  after another week, I emailed the seller, got a confirmation email, but no response.  After another few days I sent another email to the seller, same thing.  After a couple of more days I disputed through PP.

Once PP got involved, I noticed PP had a different email address for the seller.  Hmmm.  To their credit, after PP got involved, I was contacted by the seller and was completely refunded in one day.  After that, I just went to a local retailer and bought a decent new Casio sport watch because it was a gift and the receiver was pleased.

Interestingly, a couple of days later, I got an email from the seller that I would get a tracking number in a couple of days.  I was hoping that they would actually ship what I ordered and if so I would gladly pay for it.  Well, it's been long enough and guess what - nothing from the seller.

I learned my lesson, and thereafter joined this site.  I'm not looking for miracles or perfection, but was hoping to get something from the G-Shock Factory.  Ha!

I hope someone reads this and doesn't make that mistake ordering anything from them.  Pass it on.

McGilli
17 minutes ago, rdp5 said:

I hope someone reads this and doesn't make that mistake ordering anything from them.  Pass it on.

Thanks for posting. Yeah - it's not just $5,000 watches being rep'd. Everything in between. Looked at the site - and it's a slick looking site - and if I hadn't found a forum like this and started learning - that's the kind of place I would have been drooling over. At least they take PP so is relatively simple to get your money back in a situation like you had.

Rx4Time

Honestly at those prices I'd have considered giving one or two a try... perfect for the Ali Express thread...I'm sure they would be gloriously crappy...

narikaa

TBH

G Shock reps you dont buy from websites

you buy with a shovel and scoop them into very large plastic bags.

I sometimes do and use them as gimmees to the orphanage kids

tabuktime
1 hour ago, narikaa said:

TBH

G Shock reps you dont buy from websites

you buy with a shovel and scoop them into very large plastic bags.

I sometimes do and use them as gimmees to the orphanage kids

Harsh Reg.

narikaa

But true  ;)

gmchris

Get them from the gate,  at least you will get something.  This is my $13 Casio rep - not a gshock but great for the money and actually useful, I got 50 phone numbers on this :)

20150609_214850.jpg

Edited by gmchris

narikaa

Yes they are quite a nostalgic retro (usurped by modern phones for functionality though)

But

Comically lightweight

and usually short in strap length

But whaddoIknow

rdp5
On 12/31/2017 at 03:21, gmchris said:

This is my $13 Casio rep

Yeah, I had one like that in black back in the 70s or 80s.  Wore it everywhere and every day for years without a hitch.  It was a great watch for about $10-15.  Looked something like this.

dee9dfe6b98d06787fd7cce3af722d88--watch-

narikaa

These were super popular back then with people I knew as it was an on your wrist stopwatch and calculator, and thus a boon for combat pistol competition timekeeping / score equating 

WatchDog21

Casio does make some rather expensive G-Shocks; well over $1000 MSRP

http://www.azfinetime.com/casio-g-shock-mr-g/

deju
On 31/12/2017 at 10:21, gmchris said:

I got 50 phone numbers on this :)

20150609_214850.jpg

None of them from women :lmao: 

RepGuy
47 minutes ago, WatchDog21 said:

Casio does make some rather expensive G-Shocks; well over $1000 MSRP

http://www.azfinetime.com/casio-g-shock-mr-g/

While some case parts are made by a Japanese master craftsman, which is admittedly cool, I don't think that justifies the $5,000+ price tag they put on them.

Nobbymogs

Yes it's mad some good sites out there that sell shite and promise you the world.

And from what I'm finding recently even the reps are being copied   hahaha

HENDRYBERG

Good lord

Had a serach for casio on here. Was hoping to find reps of the casio g shocks that are around $1200 I didnt know you could get them at that crazy price.

Would love a rep or two of the big g shocks for work. Just cant bring myself to pay that money for a real one!

Theduke.williams

There are some more reasonable G-Shocks out there, that are very capable.

I use mine for riding out on my motorcycle, wouldn't trust the hand numbing high frequency vibration coming through the handlebars not to kill a mechanical watch!

Both of the following are Solar, Atomic signal timepeices, and each was had for under £200

20180627_123024.jpg

Probably not a good idea to buy cheap reps of these, they are after all designed to be tough little buggers!

Genius
On 27/12/2017 at 01:55, rdp5 said:

because it was going to be used somewhere that the watch was going to take a real beating every day

:facepalm:

The very reason Casio designed the G-Shock line

WatchDog21

I guess if you want to go REALLY cheap you can pick up one of these from Ali; it's essentially a G-Shock knock off.  Heck they were cheap enough I bought this and a red one :facepalm:

For the money; not a bad deal though - $12

28311909457_fa8daef19a_b.jpg