kingkong1234

A new rep i bought just arrived an hate it!

kingkong1234
9 minutes ago, tripdog123 said:

They've obviously seen this thread, realised just how dangerous you are.

No need for negativity now. The positive response from the TD will have me using them for years to come. Ill also be recommending them to everyone i know and via forums like this. Good word of mouth is a massive selling tool for any business. You cant buy that kinda advertising. So once again well done Puretime :)

brang1
18 hours ago, GenTLe said:

:rofl:

you are da man GenTLe. love it

Herc
10 hours ago, Xpletiv said:

Wait, the scratch is on...the back?!

Ok, whatever. What I've been afraid of is RWI orphans coming over, I've been avoiding that site as it had become too Numpty.

Say what you will, but there is/was definitely a difference in members between here and there. NOT all high and mighty here, just a tad bit smarter (except for Thommo) with discussions/questions/attitude/knowledge. ...

And why exactly are you hanging out in the RWI club room??? 

Edited by Herc

Luxuracer
1 hour ago, Wriggles said:

Typical noob, equating everything to postcount and join date.... :facepalm:

Congratulation .... you're graduated from noob school.

rolexwatchfan
2 hours ago, Xpletiv said:

Oh yeah, I'm a lurker and a basher........

I read, if I have any questions, I read. So far any question I might have had has been answered, no need to ask questions if one hasn't opened the book. I don't take this interest to full on tilt scrutinizing every millimeter, I'm not smart on a lot that pertains to this hobby directly, the forum, as a whole, seems better gathered than most. I don't jump down anyone's throat saying we/I am holierthanyou, as I stated "NOT all high and..." but whatever. 

2 months and you haven't even read the basics on forum policy.

Just don't bother, I don't care.

Actually you do. You still here sharing your attitude. And you brought a friend:

2 hours ago, Wriggles said:

Typical noob, equating everything to postcount and join date.... :facepalm:

Birds of the feather... (A little wisdom for your liking)

And don't mind me

tumblr_mt6wop52vZ1qkljywo1_500.gif

Jibuti
2 hours ago, BADAPPLE12 said:

I found some dust in the packaging a watch was sent to me in recently and so I sent it back to the TD (I won't name and shame them yet) for a refund.

I'm still waiting for the money and the said TD isn't answering my emails so I may have to contact a moderator to step in. 

was dust white? why did you send it back? street-price for that shit  stuff is 120 EUR/gram if good quality..... errrmmm..... so I've heard.....

DD60

:ass-kick:

mskwatch

I knew there would be a happy end ;) 

Paneraiguy000

Just sell on m2m at a bit of a discount from what you got it for and cut your losses. 

Paying for shipping back to China along with the waiting game all over again isn’t worth it. That’s IF they even accept an exchange.

RepGuy

To the OP:

For future reference, keep issues like this between yourself and the dealer you bought from. If things need escalated, go through the mods and 99% of the time, they will get things situated. If they cannot fix things, at that point you should take your complaint to a thread.

With that being said, your issues are not the dealers fault, and they shouldn't be liable for replacing or crediting your purchase due to buyers remorse. While I agree it's hard to tell quality from a picture or video, the watch you received was in working order, and had no visible defects, aside from your personal opinion that it felt cheap.

Coming out from the gate with a thread essentially calling out the dealer for these non-issues makes it look like an extortion, and the failure to follow normal procedures adds to that feeling.

I'm glad you got things sorted, but these are fake watches. No matter what anybody says, these made in the most profitable (ie. cheap) way possible, which tends to lead to quality issues from time to time. You can't expect the same feel from a rep as you do on a gen, which is why the M2M sections are so popular across the forums.

In the future, for buyers remorse issues like this, flip it on M2M and call it a day, because there are only so many times you can upset the dealers before they refuse to sell to you. You're lucky you bought from one of the bigger ones who can essentially eat the loss they may take on the watch.

amstaffs
10 hours ago, Herc said:

And why exactly are you hanging out in the RWI club room??? 

:clap::ohwell:

kingkong1234

Thanks for all the replies guys. When packing the watch back up for return today a pin dropped out of one of the the bracelet links. So im really glad i didnt resell to someone else. And im  really glad PT came good. 

THE END!

Luxuracer
5 minutes ago, kingkong1234 said:

Thanks for all the replies guys. When packing the watch back up for return today a pin dropped out of one of the the bracelet links. So im really glad i didnt resell to someone else. And im  really glad PT came good. 

THE END!

source.gif

mech500
THE END!

I think $300 sounds a little steep for the watch if the quality is really as bad as you say.

Next time buy a watch manufactured by a reputable factory (noob, BP, JF, ZF, KW, TF etc). The rest could easily be aliexpress junk sold at x3 price.

If the dealer website doesn’t specify the factory, then ask.

Once you know what factory made the watch, research specific reviews on the forums. Watches from unknown factories are usually junk.

narikaa
11 minutes ago, mech500 said:

I think $300 sounds a little steep for the watch if the quality is really as bad as you say.

Next time buy a watch manufactured by a reputable factory (noob, BP, JF, ZF, KW, TF etc). The rest could easily be aliexpress junk sold at x3 price.

If the dealer website doesn’t specify the factory, then ask.

Once you know what factory made the watch, research specific reviews on the forums. Watches from unknown factories are usually junk.

Really?

Misinformed mindless generalisations 

mysterio
8 minutes ago, narikaa said:

Really?

I would think maybe Reg would know a thing or two about watches from nameless factories. ;) The factory his subs came from was so unknown, they named the watch after him. :giggle:

mech500
Really?

Ha. That’s why I said watches from unknown factories COULD be junk....we won’t know about the quality and feel until it arrives at our door (or if the specific watch has been reviewed by members on the forum).....look what happened with OP....pays $300 and gets a low quality rep from god knows where

mech500
I would think maybe Reg would know a thing or two about watches from nameless factories. The factory his subs came from was so unknown, they named the watch after him. :giggle:

Yes but the regmariners are a LOT cheaper than the equivalent offerings from known factories and his watches have been reviewed on the forums, so members know what they are getting .....and quality wise, you get what you pay for.

All I am saying is that, if you buy unknown maker watches (without reading any reviews) then you COULD end up being severely disappointed (eg like OP).

andyboy
1 hour ago, mysterio said:

I would think maybe Reg would know a thing or two about watches from nameless factories. ;) The factory his subs came from was so unknown, they named the watch after him. :giggle:

:lol:

BadPickle
1 hour ago, mysterio said:

:lmao: 

BadPickle
12 hours ago, kingkong1234 said:

THE END!

THE END??? oh no, far from it, in fact the fun has only just begun :lol: 

Don’t forget to post the tracking number  in the thread so we can all see how long it takes to get a refund.... then post pics of the “better watch” you think you’ll get :lol: 

Clearly you’ve not been in this game long 

Robse1
19 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

THE END??? oh no, far from it, in fact the fun has only just begun :lol: 

Don’t forget to post the tracking number  in the thread so we can all see how long it takes to get a refund.... then post pics of the “better watch” you think you’ll get :lol: 

Clearly you’ve not been in this game long 

Don‘t speak to loud maybe it comes true :p:rofl:

mysterio
49 minutes ago, mech500 said:

Yes but the regmariners are a LOT cheaper than the equivalent offerings from known factories and his watches have been reviewed on the forums, so members know what they are getting .....and quality wise, you get what you pay for.

All I am saying is that, if you buy unknown maker watches (without reading any reviews) then you COULD end up being severely disappointed (eg like OP).

I think we can all read if you said COULD (like making it bigger and repeating it would make it appear in your original statement but it doesn't).  ;)

Your original statement:

2 hours ago, mech500 said:

Watches whose factories are known, you recommend to research specific reviews. You don't make the same recommendation for unknown factories, and then you make the generalization that "watches from unknown factories are usually junk", hence the rather frank reply from Reg (although I did not expect anything less). Your updated statement regarding watches from unknown factories now includes the qualification "without reading any reviews" plus reducing the probability of the outcome of receiving junk (and thus being severely disappointed) from "usually" to just "could". Perhaps if you went with that specific statement instead of the original one then it may have resulted in a totally different reaction.

Adf200012

rule 1: be ready to lose whatever you pay for a rep. So bye $300, it may or may not come back.

BadPickle
5 minutes ago, mysterio said:

I think we can all read if you said COULD (like making it bigger and repeating it would make it appear in your original statement but it doesn't).  ;)

Your original statement:

Watches whose factories are known, you recommend to research specific reviews. You don't make the same recommendation for unknown factories, and then you make the generalization that "watches from unknown factories are usually junk", hence the rather frank reply from Reg (although I did not expect anything less). Your updated statement regarding watches from unknown factories now includes the qualification "without reading any reviews" plus reducing the probability of the outcome of receiving junk (and thus being severely disappointed) from "usually" to just "could". Perhaps if you went with that specific statement instead of the original one then it may have resulted in a totally different reaction.

Maybe you COULD get a job as a moderator... 

jus sayin :D