PerfectThyme

Tudor Black Bay Shield ZF arrived from Puretime, found flaw on dial hidden by hands. Advice sought...

Adf200012

All you have to do is to use the minute hand to cover it up. Problem solved!

Mary Watch

this is very easy to deal with. just find a small rubber ball, a small screwdriver and a small tweezers.  browse some video how  to take the crown off on  A2824 movement.   this is the only hard part. 

just use hairdryer to blow the lume bit.    Good luck, Guy.

Terryj

It's obviously stuck on the dial so removing it might take a bit of the dial colour with it or it might not. But because it is actually stuck on the dial, I would rule out what some have suggested that it is a piece of debris that has fallen off during shipping. It is obviously a defect that occurred during the manufacture of the watch. It seems way too much of a coincidence that the minute hand was in the perfect position to cover it.

I assume you still have the QC pic showing the minute hand in that position. Would be interested to see it.

2fake4u
11 minutes ago, Terryj said:

It's obviously stuck on the dial so removing it might take a bit of the dial colour with it or it might not. But because it is actually stuck on the dial, I would rule out what some have suggested that it is a piece of debris that has fallen off during shipping. It is obviously a defect that occurred during the manufacture of the watch. It seems way too much of a coincidence that the minute hand was in the perfect position to cover it.

I assume you still have the QC pic showing the minute hand in that position. Would be interested to see it.

doubtful.  

Terryj
2 minutes ago, 2fake4u said:

doubtful.  

I love the reasoning in your post. Particularly the part where you pinpoint exactly what is doubtful and why.

Nikosaldente

Well, did you try the UV flashlight to check if it's Lume?

"Charge" it for 20 seconds and check it in a dark room!

It's the easiest way to tell if it's dust or Lume without opening the watch:D

PerfectThyme

Thanks for the the continued replies guys, all very helpful.

Just tried the suggestion above - I can confirm that the mark doesn't glow, so it doesn't appear to be lume. As mentioned before, it does seems quite reflective, so assume it is a metal fleck of some kind. Noob question I know, but what will the face be made of? Could it be a scratch through the surface to a base metal layer?

I'll message ado213 as suggested and see if he can help, as like others have said - I'm not particularly delighted at the idea of having to ship the watch back to China (that is assuming Puretime do the honourable thing)

I'd be happy to upload an album of the QC pics if that was acceptable to the mods - just don't want to do anything out line.

2fake4u
21 minutes ago, PerfectThyme said:

Just tried the suggestion above - I can confirm that the mark doesn't glow, so it doesn't appear to be lume. As mentioned before, it does seems quite reflective, so assume it is a metal fleck of some kind. Noob question I know, but what will the face be made of? Could it be a scratch through the surface to a base metal layer?

I'll message ado213 as suggested and see if he can help, as like others have said - I'm not particularly delighted at the idea of having to ship the watch back to China (that is assuming Puretime do the honourable thing)

I'd be happy to upload an album of the QC pics if that was acceptable to the mods - just don't want to do anything out line.

does it look like a scratch or a spec on the dial?

your pic isnt the best. so only you will know

if its a spec on dial, it will come off no problem. if its a scratch, its a little more involved than just removing the spec.

30 minutes ago, Terryj said:

I love the reasoning in your post. Particularly the part where you pinpoint exactly what is doubtful and why.

giving inaccurate info doesnt deserve an in depth response.

Terryj
44 minutes ago, 2fake4u said:

giving inaccurate info doesnt deserve an in depth response.

Obviously you are not capable of giving, "an in depth response". But don't bother, I am not that interested in hearing one, even if you put your mind to it and managed to come up with one.

PerfectThyme

Sorry about the crappy pics - the second one was slightly better, but it is difficult getting my iphone camera to focus close-up.

Really can't tell whether it is a scratch or speck  - need to use my loupe, which unfortunately I keep at work in the office, and not back in until the 2nd.

I hope that it is a speck, as I guess otherwise it would mean either A) new dial  or B) attempt to fill the scratch to make it less noticeable?

2fake4u
5 minutes ago, Terryj said:

Obviously you are not capable of giving, "an in depth response". But don't bother, I am not that interested in hearing one, even if you put your mind to it and managed to come up with one.

i mean, what exactly do you want? me to tell you that removing a spec on a dial doesnt ruin the dial? Or that dirt and dust are all over these reps and when jostled, some of that comes to the front of the dial?

most these rep dials you can completely scrub off the print and the dial background is unaffected.  I have a blank Noob v7 dial that i did just this on for fun.

Raddave

you know a while ago i bought a ploppy from Trevor , one of the last ones for sale , when i got it i was horrified , it had a scratch on the dial through the paint , i could see brass.... he told me there was no exchange possible, but would give me a refund.....

i studied it with a loupe , it looked like a scratch......

later i decided to replace the movement with a swiss ETA and was ready to hit the scratch with a fine point sharpie .......it was a brass shaving stuck on the dial .....there was no damage at all !!

hope this is the same for you !

BadPickle
1 hour ago, PerfectThyme said:

Check out the “trusted dealer” list, look for watchrepairsUK and send it to them, 

the clue is in “trusted dealer” 

good luck 

Terryj
20 minutes ago, 2fake4u said:

i mean, what exactly do you want? me to tell you that removing a spec on a dial doesnt ruin the dial? Or that dirt and dust are all over these reps and when jostled, some of that comes to the front of the dial?

most these rep dials you can completely scrub off the print and the dial background is unaffected.  I have a blank Noob v7 dial that i did just this on for fun.

Wow. I suppose everyone has their special type of fun, no matter how bizarre. Way to go.