AP_Superman

How long has your gold plated rep lasted?

AP_Superman

As title asks.... I'm so on the fence still. I guess I'm trying to talk myself into getting one or making sure they last. I now know that no actual gold is used, but will someone be able to look at it and just instantly know it's not legit? So pictures i saw made it appear like the gold color is very close. How long has your gold plated watch lasted without looking dull?

Edited by AP_Superman

NCRich

Wow, no one has ever asked this.

AP_Superman
28 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Wow, no one has ever asked this.

Maybe if your search function actually worked I could look it up.

2470f2.8ii

they'll know. either get the expensive BP gold reps (about $988 USD) or just skip gold. if you're concerned you will def be let down unless you spend the money. also probably want to get gen gold parts and franken it

good luck!

Paythehackernow

Wrapped look more GEN than plated, but plated will last you a long time, years with regular use.

Mary Watch

usually plating gold can last about 2~3  years if u don't abuse it.   and pls clean the case one time a week. 

tripdog123

Fascinating question.

PlanetZoom

Depends on wear.

NCRich
8 hours ago, AP_Superman said:

Maybe if your search function actually worked I could look it up. 

Operator error I'd say.  When I type "gold plated reps" in the search box I was amazed at the result.

AP_Superman
11 hours ago, 2470f2.8ii said:

they'll know. either get the expensive BP gold reps (about $988 USD) or just skip gold. if you're concerned you will def be let down unless you spend the money. also probably want to get gen gold parts and franken it

good luck!

I'll have to do some research on the BP gold reps. I'm not familiar at all.

Edited by AP_Superman

mskwatch

Good question, myself I am not confident with the plated gold reps so I kinda avoid them, remember seeing pics on RWI of a AP RO two-tone bracelet that looked not so good after a couple of month..  but on the other hand I'm tempted to get a RG radiomir.