The new ARF Rolex DSSD 116660 904L

Khronos
2 hours ago, jibuti said:

Sure...new version will be STANILESS.

:lmao:

deju

That Stanless is a total give away. 

People will call you out on the wrist from 10-15meters :lol:

Most likely a prototype and already fixed. 

GingerApple

I've already requested one from one of my favoured TDs (I also sent him the link from OP) and he says it's not available yet....

Perhaps a few more days. I want it so badly, I've wanted this watch for ages!

PekeloB
1 hour ago, deju said:

They have to fix "geneva", the "k"in Ring Lock System should be at the middle of "6", HEV more recessed.

But it could be my OCD.. ;) 

GingerApple
8 minutes ago, PekeloB said:

They have to fix "geneva", the "k"in Ring Lock System should be at the middle of "6", HEV more recessed.

But it could be my OCD.. ;) 

Good eyes! 

The Geneva on the inside of the clasp though won't bother me. 

The positioning of the 'Ring Lock System' in general is slightly off, well spotted, but you'd need to have the Gen next to it to notice I think. Or be a mega Rolex nerd (Hi Trip). Again, maybe they can improve it for v2, but it will do for me.

HEV could be tweaked, again, top spotting, but come on - all in all, is not bad fakery!!!!

PlanetZoom
9 hours ago, Haltec said:

STAINLESS ? STANLESS

Stan is pissed and will make them fix it.

WatchaholicMallorca

Looks great, although too big for me, funny how some members mention the prices ARF are quoting but these JF AP ROO are 600-700$ out of the box!

TeddyBear

Really wish ARF focused on making a perfect Day Date 36, like they did with DateJust

Joyjoyk

Sounds like ARF > Noob these days in terms of quality? Or is it a perception based on the higher prices they are asking

LiZnoGouD

Great looking rep, I had a Noob version as my first rep and was blown away.

GingerApple
32 minutes ago, Joyjoyk said:

Sounds like ARF > Noob these days in terms of quality? Or is it a perception based on the higher prices they are asking

No way is it just perception - they're fantastic watches straight out of the box, if I could buy shares in ARF, i would. Awesome reps.

Raddave
12 hours ago, Haltec said:

Uhhh.  No.  

STAINLESS ? STANLESS

sea-dweller-deepsea-116660-d-blue-arf-1-

even though its spelled wrong , the engraving actually looks stamped , far better than the NOOB version 

Sea-Dweller DEEPSEA 116660 "D-BLUE" V7 1:1 Noob Best Edition SA3135

and the SELs actually look to be one piece vs NOOB 3 pc

Sea-Dweller DEEPSEA 116660 "D-BLUE" ARF 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS Case and Bracelet A2836

Sea-Dweller DEEPSEA 116660 "D-BLUE" V7 1:1 Noob Best Edition SA3135

Joyjoyk
14 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

No way is it just perception - they're fantastic watches straight out of the box, if I could buy shares in ARF, i would. Awesome reps.

Thanks! Super tempted now... might have to wait till I move house.. from what I can decipher from the boards shipping sometimes takes >1month.. don't want to take the risk!

Ilovethiscity

Oh snap ARF doing it again! Will do a pictorial when I get my hands on it :)

Khronos
13 hours ago, WatchaholicMallorca said:

Looks great, although too big for me, funny how some members mention the prices ARF are quoting but these JF AP ROO are 600-700$ out of the box!

Since I was the member who's mentioned that, I'll reply to your post. Yes, I think it is funny actually, rep prices are getting ridiculous if you ask me. I won't even comment on AP prices, those are ridiculous in my opinion.

As much as I love the looks and the feel of ARF Daytona, I think that 458$ for a watch with a semi functional movement and not to mention other flaws I went through in the QC process is a bit too much. SEL gaps, bezel markers with missing paint..geez..

This money can buy you a very very nice Steinhart watch, that is actually 300m WR, houses an actual ETA movement and has years of warranty. Let's not forget the Seiko SARB033 - in house movement with 50 hrs. of PR, sapphire crystal, 100m WR and finish beyond imaginable. Seiko SARB017. Tons of Certinas, Hamiltons and Tissots on Ashford and Jomashop.

ARF watches are still Chinese knock offs that look like Rolex watches.

That doesn't mean I'm against reps or that I will stop buying them, I'm just saying that they are charging us big $ because there are enough people that go insane when they see a new release, even though they have a exact same watch already at home and are willing to pay this kind of money or even more. 

GF Breitlings are also extremely well made and they're not even 300$. That's a normal price for a rep. 500$? I'm not so sure..

Ross29

Having owned different makes and models of reps, I can easily say that ARF has greatly improved quality. I stopped collecting because of my disdain for the lack of quality and just went gen, but ARF has reignited my love for watches and reps. Gen is still gen and you can't beat that, but it's amazing how close they've gotten in a few years. ARF is my go to now. Let's see if Noob can even compete, they will have to actually start trying now. And I'm excited for the results.

Edited by Ross29

drifterr
Oh snap ARF doing it again! Will do a pictorial when I get my hands on it
Have you ordered this beauty already?

Will be keen to see the difference with the noob version 7. Particularly around the dial and bezel scallops.

The bracelet and insert is much better as arf is renowned for it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ilovethiscity

Hey @drifterr my go to TD doesn’t have it yet. Also needing to send the ARF Daytona off for the full mods so will do pics on both when I can! 

drifterr
Hey [mention=94440]drifterr[/mention] my go to TD doesn’t have it yet. Also needing to send the ARF Daytona off for the full mods so will do pics on both when I can! 
Nice . I got the arf Daytona as well.

What mods have you got planned for the daytona.

Look forward to it

Ilovethiscity
Just now, drifterr said:

Nice . I got the arf Daytona as well.

What mods have you got planned for the daytona.

Look forward to it

Hey man happy new year! I have decided I really love it so I’m going all out slimmed case, movement service, ETA rotor installed with removing of deco plate, gen coronet installed on dial    . I’m trying to justify relume but might not need it also I need someone to tell me if Gen Crystal is a good upgrade as I have access to them and the one on my BK Hulk is insane (pics in Rolex section!) :)

reppy
On 12/29/2017 at 04:26, Haltec said:

Uhhh.  No.  

STAINLESS ? STANLESS

sea-dweller-deepsea-116660-d-blue-arf-1-

Once again, I really could care less about what type of steel they claim to be using when there are glaring errors like this, bad SEL fitment, etc

drifterr
Once again, I really could care less about what type of steel they claim to be using when there are glaring errors like this, bad SEL fitment, etc
I think you should buy one from r factory. They make them perfect just like gen...

stormyboy
On 2017-12-29 at 11:12, deju said:

Tend to agree...hard to believe that slipped thru the cracks

GingerApple
20 minutes ago, stormyboy said:

Tend to agree...hard to believe that slipped thru the cracks

Wasn't deju being sarcastic? Given that on the wrist, that engraving/stamping will be hidden by 1cm of solid steel?

stormyboy
8 hours ago, GingerBubba said:

Wasn't deju being sarcastic? Given that on the wrist, that engraving/stamping will be hidden by 1cm of solid steel?

For sure.... I meant to just quote the last part about the misspelling error that was most likely due to it being a prototype.