Khronos

The new ARF Rolex DSSD 116660 904L

GhostInTheFog

ARF is really changing the game. IMO Noob has gotten way too comfortable in the top spot and became lazy, now they have to get off their ass if they want to survive against this new competitor. Great times indeed for reps, just wish those prices weren’t so damn high but that’s just part of it. 

GingerApple

This.

I am ARFs biggest fan, I would buy shares in them if possible!

I want this watch so badly, even if they haven't corrected 'Stanless' and the other tells yet!

To even up the photos showing the faults, just look how amazing the bezel is:

n551u0.jpg

t867bq.jpg

NFleischer
On 12/29/2017 at 03:04, Khronos said:

I'd stay away from BP, every single watch from them I had so far was mediocre..

But ARF is really pushing prices a bit too high, we're not far from 500$ mark with this one. And that's a very solid gen money, especially around Black Friday time.

Agree and agree. BP QC sucks, also always lying about ETA movements, mostly clones some refurbished hybrid crap.

2FC1FC2F-C258-4BE6-AC54-489C86EC863B_zps

I got this last Christmas sale from Ashford for $329. Great watch and real new ETA movement, 500 M WR. Can't beat it.

Khronos

@NFleischer Tell me about it..

20170617_195531.jpg

I only wish I had enough sense when I sold it back in June to fund another watch..can't even remember what it was now..but still miss this piece very much..Build quality light years ahead of any rep.

WatchaholicMallorca
On 12/30/2017 at 11:46, Khronos said:

Since I was the member who's mentioned that, I'll reply to your post. Yes, I think it is funny actually, rep prices are getting ridiculous if you ask me. I won't even comment on AP prices, those are ridiculous in my opinion.

As much as I love the looks and the feel of ARF Daytona, I think that 458$ for a watch with a semi functional movement and not to mention other flaws I went through in the QC process is a bit too much. SEL gaps, bezel markers with missing paint..geez..

This money can buy you a very very nice Steinhart watch, that is actually 300m WR, houses an actual ETA movement and has years of warranty. Let's not forget the Seiko SARB033 - in house movement with 50 hrs. of PR, sapphire crystal, 100m WR and finish beyond imaginable. Seiko SARB017. Tons of Certinas, Hamiltons and Tissots on Ashford and Jomashop.

ARF watches are still Chinese knock offs that look like Rolex watches.

That doesn't mean I'm against reps or that I will stop buying them, I'm just saying that they are charging us big $ because there are enough people that go insane when they see a new release, even though they have a exact same watch already at home and are willing to pay this kind of money or even more. 

GF Breitlings are also extremely well made and they're not even 300$. That's a normal price for a rep. 500$? I'm not so sure..

Don’t get me wrong the only reason I haven’t pulled the trigger is the hefty price tag. I also do not own any Offshores, as I think it’s mental to pay 600$+ for a rep.

i personally would rather not have the 904 steel and have the price dropped by over 100$, the movement doesn’t bother me as I’d rather the thickness be closer to gen anyway

Hamblehound

Wonder if this is it?

18 hours ago, Hamblehound said:

Wonder if this is it?

Is it arf or noob v.7 ?

drifterr
Wonder if this is it?

This is the noob version for sure.

Dial looks slightly darker than arf which i feel is closer to gen and SEL is a give away as arf SEL used one piece and noobs construction is based on 3 links.

Hev is flatter in noob which is evidence in that video vs slightly recessed on arf.

I'd love to be proven wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mike Page

He actually say Nobby A Nobby hahahaha means Noob lol

GingerApple

Has anyone ordered one of these yet?

My TD has ordered several (one of which is for me), but he is yet to receive them. Has anyone paid for one? Been given a timescale for getting it? Been given QC? Even received the watch (if so, please, please post a review and pics)?

rangers158
On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 03:48, GingerBubba said:

Has anyone ordered one of these yet?

My TD has ordered several (one of which is for me), but he is yet to receive them. Has anyone paid for one? Been given a timescale for getting it? Been given QC? Even received the watch (if so, please, please post a review and pics)?

Got QC but 12 o'clock rehuat crown is not aligned at 12. So have to wait for factory to correct this error. Not sure when new batch will be released. Still waiting.

GingerApple
6 hours ago, rangers158 said:

Got QC but 12 o'clock rehuat crown is not aligned at 12. So have to wait for factory to correct this error. Not sure when new batch will be released. Still waiting.

Thanks for the update. I'm still waiting to hear back from my TD. I'll update here as and when as well.

W-M

I think I am going to see if I can get a TD to get this one for me.

markmarky

Very good but Deepsea is huge and top heavy!

Robse1

anyone got new pics ?

rangers158
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 20:39, GingerBubba said:

Thanks for the update. I'm still waiting to hear back from my TD. I'll update here as and when as well.

Good news. Official release rehuat crown is aligned properly from my QC. So make sure you check QC to avoid getting pre-production batch.

GingerApple
9 hours ago, rangers158 said:

Good news. Official release rehuat crown is aligned properly from my QC. So make sure you check QC to avoid getting pre-production batch.

Good shout, thanks. My TD apparently has the watch and will sort out QC pics for me tonight.  Whoop whoop!

Robse1

also waiting for some pics, but TD was saying it feels veeeery good ;) so i‘m in good hope the pictures on the TD websites were from the early 3 prototypes and the released batch is good as the sd43.

GingerApple
3 minutes ago, Robse1 said:

also waiting for some pics, but TD was saying it feels veeeery good ;) so i‘m in good hope the pictures on the TD websites were from the early 3 prototypes and the released batch is good as the sd43.

You and me both! Having said that, the QC pics I saw from a friend seemed to have the dial 'issue' still - ie it seems to stay a bit too light and too blue for too long rather than the more rapid descent into black on the Gen.

I think it looks great regardless hence referring to it as an 'issue' as to me - it isn't.

Edited by GingerBubba

Robse1
3 hours ago, GingerBubba said:

You and me both! Having said that, the QC pics I saw from a friend seemed to have the dial 'issue' still - ie it seems to stay a bit too light and too blue for too long rather than the more rapid descent into black on the Gen.

I think it looks great regardless hence referring to it as an 'issue' as to me - it isn't.

I‘ve seen some comparison Pics on RWI - Gen vs ARF (QC pics) - Dial Colour looks very good! Rehaut should be aligned, The Ring lock engraving is aligned, SEL looks good... we will see :)

GingerApple

Don't suppose you could post the link to that thread could you? I've had a ten minute search on RWI just now and couldn't track it down. Or can you remember the name of the thread? I've tried the obvious names I could think of, but no joy.

GingerApple

As I've said before, it doesn't bother me, but in terms of closeness to Gen, I'm still not convinced by the dial. Going through the d-blue watches on Chrono 24, perhaps 90-95% of them seem to go darker, earlier. So it could be a different lighting condition thing like Cdenim suggested, but I doubt it. It seems to me more likely that there is variation in Gen dials, but most are darker.